Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
09-05-2016, 02:13 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Today I managed to leave the house and took a walk. While doing so I visited a chemist for supplies and had a steak for lunch. I then walked home.

This seems easy but in fact it was a big deal. Shows great improvement over yesterday.

Funny thing was upon waking, I mistook the date and rushed to prepare for hospital. I got everything done, showered, shaved, dressed etc. I then realised the appointment is tomorrow. Smile

I rang my dad who is babysitting my niece. He is planning on buying a car for my sister in law. Shhhh, it's a secret. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Banjo's post
12-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Just got back from the eye doctor. My vision is 20/15. Banana_zorro
12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
(12-05-2016 04:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Just got back from the eye doctor. My vision is 20/15. Banana_zorro

You measure it in 15s? Here it's in 10s. Although, those who have more vision usually lose it pretty quickly when growing up. Tongue Hope it stays good for you though.

I graduated yesterday, but today is still a good day because I got to do... nothing! XD

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
12-05-2016, 04:35 PM
(12-05-2016 04:16 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Just got back from the eye doctor. My vision is 20/15. Banana_zorro

You measure it in 15s? Here it's in 10s. Although, those who have more vision usually lose it pretty quickly when growing up. Tongue Hope it stays good for you though.

I graduated yesterday, but today is still a good day because I got to do... nothing! XD

One can have 20/10 vision as well, in the USA. Congratulations on graduating. What diploma/cert/subject, if I may ask?
13-05-2016, 09:33 AM
(12-05-2016 04:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:16 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You measure it in 15s? Here it's in 10s. Although, those who have more vision usually lose it pretty quickly when growing up. Tongue Hope it stays good for you though.

One can have 20/10 vision as well, in the USA. Congratulations on graduating. What diploma/cert/subject, if I may ask?

Oh good to know.

Thanks! The faculty is languages and literatures, but I graduated under the department of linguistics. Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
13-05-2016, 09:41 AM
(12-05-2016 04:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:16 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  You measure it in 15s? Here it's in 10s. Although, those who have more vision usually lose it pretty quickly when growing up. Tongue Hope it stays good for you though.

The diploma comes in the form of a prescription for an expensive pair of glasses. ...I didn't earn one.

Plus there's an annoying responsibility factor that I'm not prepared to deal with. I'll forget the glasses, take them on and off because they bother my face, or lose them or step on them.
13-05-2016, 10:47 AM
(13-05-2016 09:33 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  One can have 20/10 vision as well, in the USA. Congratulations on graduating. What diploma/cert/subject, if I may ask?

Oh good to know.

Thanks! The faculty is languages and literatures, but I graduated under the department of linguistics. Big Grin

Cool. I've always liked comparing languages and their translations, but only as a low priority hobby. Now that I'm retired and have more time (haha) I'm going to study that a little. Any introductory literature you could recommend?
13-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Well, it's Friday. So there's that. I've gained back ten pounds so I no longer look like a starving African child.

The guy I went out with weekend before last hasn't messaged me since last Tuesday. I'm proud of myself for not messaging him asking what's up. If he were interested he would call. So I've grown. After the emotionally abusive relationship I was in this winter, I'll be damned if I'm getting involved with someone that doesn't pursue me whole heartedly. I'd rather be alone.

My friend texted me and declared she and I are going camping next weekend. We are going to have a wedding dress bonfire - we both had poofy dresses, so it's gonna be impressive.

My exboyfriend unfollowed me on Instagram last night. So I made my account private so he couldn't see any of my pics. And then today, I decided to block him, and all four of his best friend's accounts. He was so fucking paranoid about his ex girlfriend might find out about me, and I just realized how much he was watching my account. (Fucking social media drama...) He lied to his sister about me for months. Now I'm going to post what the fuck ever I want without worrying if I'm being judged for having emotions and still have my account public.

One thing I learned through all of this is that I'm not a selfish person after all. I learned I am capable letting down my walls and loving someone. I also learned I DO make a lot of decisions based off of emotions instead of thinking. And I'm ok with that, I never want to be a callous dick like my ex.

Now that I'm on medication and no longer depressed, I *feel* again. I see the world in color instead of shades of gray.

My son and I are gonna go grill hotdogs and roast marshmallows at the farm. So yeh. It's a good day to be alive.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
13-05-2016, 04:01 PM
(13-05-2016 03:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, it's Friday. So there's that. I've gained back ten pounds so I no longer look like a starving African child.

The guy I went out with weekend before last hasn't messaged me since last Tuesday. I'm proud of myself for not messaging him asking what's up. If he were interested he would call. So I've grown. After the emotionally abusive relationship I was in this winter, I'll be damned if I'm getting involved with someone that doesn't pursue me whole heartedly. I'd rather be alone.

My friend texted me and declared she and I are going camping next weekend. We are going to have a wedding dress bonfire - we both had poofy dresses, so it's gonna be impressive.

My exboyfriend unfollowed me on Instagram last night. So I made my account private so he couldn't see any of my pics. And then today, I decided to block him, and all four of his best friend's accounts. He was so fucking paranoid about his ex girlfriend might find out about me, and I just realized how much he was watching my account. (Fucking social media drama...) He lied to his sister about me for months. Now I'm going to post what the fuck ever I want without worrying if I'm being judged for having emotions and still have my account public.

One thing I learned through all of this is that I'm not a selfish person after all. I learned I am capable letting down my walls and loving someone. I also learned I DO make a lot of decisions based off of emotions instead of thinking. And I'm ok with that, I never want to be a callous dick like my ex.

Now that I'm on medication and no longer depressed, I *feel* again. I see the world in color instead of shades of gray.

My son and I are gonna go grill hotdogs and roast marshmallows at the farm. So yeh. It's a good day to be alive.
Thumbsup
13-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Today was a good day.

Costco was crowded but we found a good parking space. Playing Tetris with the groceries was a little fun.

After getting my kiddo at school, I took him to the barber and he got a haircut, whiie I picked up a few things at the drug store.

I got him a mocha frap at Starbucks for half price (he's fond of Starbucks but I won't drink that crap).

Then I came home and found my older son loading the dishwasher!

Dinner is the oven (braised country pork ribs).

I hope I'm not jinxing myself.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces