Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-05-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(13-05-2016 09:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 04:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  One can have 20/10 vision as well, in the USA. Congratulations on graduating. What diploma/cert/subject, if I may ask?

The diploma comes in the form of a prescription for an expensive pair of glasses. ...I didn't earn one.

Plus there's an annoying responsibility factor that I'm not prepared to deal with. I'll forget the glasses, take them on and off because they bother my face, or lose them or step on them.

I have been wearing glasses since I was 13...so that's like a zillion years. I have never lost or broken a pair. In fact, I am pretty sure I still have my last four or five pair. I wear one pair in the pool since they turn into sunglasses and have another pair I wear when I color my hair so I don't mess up my current pair.

If I dig deep enough I could probably find about eight pair...I never remember to donate them. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-05-2016, 06:24 PM
I was able to clean different places in the house and I played guitar and I had a great day.
13-05-2016, 06:25 PM
My new(ish) boss was in town this week from Colorado. We talked about the next things she wants me learn and also about all the stuff everyone is dumping on me to do that I don't have the tools to accomplish.

She said I am in her budget and I do what she wants/needs me to do. She then sent out an email to the people who have been trying to get me to do other stuff and told them - no. If they want me to do something it has to be cleared through her first. Smile

And pregnant office mate has only about two weeks left and then I don't have to deal with her any more. They told her she needn't come back after she goes on maternity leave as they are getting rid of her position. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Got put on a project at work that makes me feel good about what I do! Also it was nice and sunny out. Also uploaded to my channel on schedule. Also talked to me mum.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
13-05-2016, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2016 07:41 PM by Heatheness.)
Kindergarten Graduation... Laugh out load

I don't do the elementary graduation thing, not sitting for hours to watch my grandsons spend 3 seconds on stage getting a certificate. I know, I know, terrible grandma but I did pick him up from getting his hair cut and took him to dinner at his favorite diner. It's a "fifties" themed place, because it's been in business since the fifties. He asked me, "Mimi, what are those discs on the wall?" I told him they were old timey CD's. Laugh out load

He is a real charmer, this one and he loves the ladies. Total flirt. Angel

When he got his glasses last month, I told him he should go as Drew Carey for Halloween. Yes

[Image: KN6MQDA.jpg]

[Image: gmnH5nV.jpg]

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 5 users Like Heatheness's post
14-05-2016, 02:35 AM
(13-05-2016 10:47 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 09:33 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Oh good to know.

Thanks! The faculty is languages and literatures, but I graduated under the department of linguistics. Big Grin

Cool. I've always liked comparing languages and their translations, but only as a low priority hobby. Now that I'm retired and have more time (haha) I'm going to study that a little. Any introductory literature you could recommend?

You want to compare languages? Under a particular aspect?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
14-05-2016, 02:43 AM
(13-05-2016 03:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Well, it's Friday. So there's that. I've gained back ten pounds so I no longer look like a starving African child.

The guy I went out with weekend before last hasn't messaged me since last Tuesday. I'm proud of myself for not messaging him asking what's up. If he were interested he would call. So I've grown. After the emotionally abusive relationship I was in this winter, I'll be damned if I'm getting involved with someone that doesn't pursue me whole heartedly. I'd rather be alone.

My friend texted me and declared she and I are going camping next weekend. We are going to have a wedding dress bonfire - we both had poofy dresses, so it's gonna be impressive.

My exboyfriend unfollowed me on Instagram last night. So I made my account private so he couldn't see any of my pics. And then today, I decided to block him, and all four of his best friend's accounts. He was so fucking paranoid about his ex girlfriend might find out about me, and I just realized how much he was watching my account. (Fucking social media drama...) He lied to his sister about me for months. Now I'm going to post what the fuck ever I want without worrying if I'm being judged for having emotions and still have my account public.

One thing I learned through all of this is that I'm not a selfish person after all. I learned I am capable letting down my walls and loving someone. I also learned I DO make a lot of decisions based off of emotions instead of thinking. And I'm ok with that, I never want to be a callous dick like my ex.

Now that I'm on medication and no longer depressed, I *feel* again. I see the world in color instead of shades of gray.

My son and I are gonna go grill hotdogs and roast marshmallows at the farm. So yeh. It's a good day to be alive.

Hug sorry you were depressed, and I'm glad you consider that gone. Hope life gets better and better for you!

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
14-05-2016, 09:17 AM
(14-05-2016 02:35 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(13-05-2016 10:47 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Cool. I've always liked comparing languages and their translations, but only as a low priority hobby. Now that I'm retired and have more time (haha) I'm going to study that a little. Any introductory literature you could recommend?

You want to compare languages? Under a particular aspect?

It's interesting to me how many words are similar across languages. When I studied Spanish in my teens, after a few years I could get the gist of the written word in French, Italian and Portuguese, for example. The spelling was different, the syntax was maybe a little bit different (it's been awhile).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
14-05-2016, 04:29 PM
It's Commencement, the best day of my academic year, where the students get to cross the stage with smiles on their faces to the cheers of family, friends, and faculty. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-05-2016, 04:31 PM
It wasn't. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]