Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
27-05-2016, 02:25 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Going to do an all night game-a-thon with my best friend that I only get to see twice a year.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-05-2016, 02:37 PM
'cause its school holidays next week and as I work term time today is my last day for a week and a bit

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ukatheist's post
27-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Memorial day weekend. Three days off, it's almost like a vacation... Smile

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
27-05-2016, 09:12 PM
This afternoon. after a grueling spur ride which concluded Wednesday, a number of people in my unit, including our first female cavalry scout, were presented with their silver spurs.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Got done this 2,000 word article on something I don't give a fuck just in the nick of time.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
28-05-2016, 05:34 PM
Close enough to done with my mother-in-law's house that I can go get the carpet guy to come out. From there, it's just line up a renter. This should have been done a year ago. Can't believe the roadblocks we've had. I sure will be happy not to have to drive over there and work on the place all the time. It sure got run down!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
28-05-2016, 08:37 PM
I scored a job interview for a job that is probably the highest-paying job that I am semi-qualified for with my current employer. I've applied for similar positions several times and got nothing but crickets. I even offered to come on and work for free as an intern until a position became available, but was turned down for security policy reasons. I took a big gamble and randomly e-mailed the hiring manager who has no idea who I am. It may have paid off because he said he wanted to interview me. At 6 AM. I think this might be his way of seeing how badly I want the job. Either way, I will be up and at 'em. Been studying for the past 30 something hours now (not straight, of course), hoping to do well. Bad news is - if I don't get it, I probably have screwed any future chance at the position as well, which is the only "upward mobility" job with my current company at my location which I really want - so if I fuck up, I'm probably going to have to score a better gig elsewhere. If I do get it - it's a life-changer for me. Wish me luck.

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
28-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Luck! But study your ass off for that position. We'll all be able to say that "We remember him when...". Knock 'em dead!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
29-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Yesterday was a good day because we had a family get together for my cousin's oldest daughter's birthday. Got to do some ladder toss and such, and while big drama was had at her ear piercing, I got left at home with the dogs. Kooper the mutt and Duke the German Shepherd decided the three of us should take a nap while everyone was gone. With a 30 pound dog on my lap and a 100+ pound dog on my feet, I decided they were right.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Yesterday we were at my sister's visiting and playing cards with the UK friends, enjoying some fabulous weather. She had planned a dinner with two of her old work friends, and had some racks of ribs and a NY strip she sliced into thick steaks. One of her friends was the grillmaster, and sister made some potato salad, we had brought strawberries from the Puyallup valley and she had made fresh shortcakes that morning.
Years ago a neighbor of my other sister, a young man came knocking looking for work. He was now the hired lawnmower and handyman for both my sisters and was just a charming young fellow. He was there mowing and driving the Kubota tractor, and my sister told a story of him coming over in desperation, needing her car. He had scheduled his driving test and my other sister's car was not available as planned. My sis dropped everything and went with him to get his license.
I figured since he had driven the Kubota he was due for a clutch driving lesson, so I asked him about driving manual transmissions. he said he had tried his sister's car and killed it a few times and was embarrassed about it and quit.
I ask if he wants a clutch lesson in my 4x4 3500 Ram diesel truck with the 6 speed. His eyes lit up. He had driven so far a Camry and an Accord, this truck was huge in his eyes Big Grin
I got him sat down and the seat ran WAY forward so he could operate the clutch, adjusted the mirrors and such. I told him to put it in low range (what's that?) and we drove around in the dirt a while. My clutch is getting worn and the dirt did indeed protect it. It would spin a tire before hurting anything.
After a few shifts up and down we drove back up and got his license, and went for the road. Apparently he was practically bursting at the seams when he was getting his wallet Tongue
He had some throttle issues but we got around a big loop in the country. He marveled at how he could keep it between the lines, since it was so big. LOL. It was fun.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post