Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
03-06-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(02-06-2016 11:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 11:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm not going to lie, I'd love a dog that shat money.

Basic economic theory says it'll shit out less than it takes in...

Um, I think you're getting into 2LOT territory, actually.

Basic economic theory says that if I, a rich man, have a dog that shits money, the the wealth will (ahem!) trickle down upon, er, to the poor folk.

Because let's face it, if my damned dog even shits money, I'm rich.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Yeah, it probably went in as a ten spot, and came out a one. Dodgy
03-06-2016, 09:41 AM
(03-06-2016 09:01 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeah, it probably went in as a ten spot, and came out a one. Dodgy

No, it came out as a #2

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
03-06-2016, 01:44 PM
(03-06-2016 09:41 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 09:01 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeah, it probably went in as a ten spot, and came out a one. Dodgy

No, it came out as a #2

Laugh out load Bowing A one in 2, and a....
03-06-2016, 03:46 PM
I broke up this week with my now ex-fiance. It's been an up and down week, emotionally, but the good thing is...I'm happy overall. I made the right decision, and happiness is a state of mind.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 5 users Like Deidre32's post
04-06-2016, 03:41 AM
(03-06-2016 03:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I broke up this week with my now ex-fiance. It's been an up and down week, emotionally, but the good thing is...I'm happy overall. I made the right decision, and happiness is a state of mind.

Undecided Sorry Deidre. On the plus side, maybe you'll be hanging out at the forum more Smile One can but hope...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-06-2016, 11:28 AM
(04-06-2016 03:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-06-2016 03:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I broke up this week with my now ex-fiance. It's been an up and down week, emotionally, but the good thing is...I'm happy overall. I made the right decision, and happiness is a state of mind.

Undecided Sorry Deidre. On the plus side, maybe you'll be hanging out at the forum more Smile One can but hope...

You're so sweet, thank you Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-06-2016, 03:37 PM
(02-06-2016 10:43 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 07:03 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Fucking nailed the interview - answered every tech question correctly, and have been the only person to do so according to the manager. I may have also been underestimating my value as I apparently am more certified than some of his team. He introduced me to his team, and said he was going to talk to my current manager. Looking good! I'm over the moon excited.

When they ask you how much money you expect (if they haven't already), ask for 20% more than you think that the position pays. Easier to chisel you down than for you to bump it up. My first job out of uni, I didn't do my homework on that question, and asked for about $2k below that company's minimum. That mistake hurt me, my whole "career". I figure that mistake cost me close to $.5M over the 25 years I was there.

Ouch!

04-06-2016, 05:11 PM
First Saturday in a while where we've been able to go somewhere as a family and just hang out. Yesterday was a concert and tomorrow is graduation, but today was just relaxing at a street fair and then having a fun dinner. Pretty soon son will be off at college, so not much more of these days in store for us...happy-sad.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
05-06-2016, 08:26 AM
I am at my very religious inlaws and my wife left my kids with me instead of taking them to church.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post