Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
05-06-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
New chew toy in the Skepticism, Pseudoscience, and Conspiracy Theories forum, about conversion to jizzlam. Appropriate, forum, methinks. Even if it is a zombie thread.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Sitting on the beach listening to the Pacific. Sunny and 65 @ 10 am.
When we first got here, there was a family out with a 2wd denali, stuck in the dry sand. Facepalm
A retired local with a CJ had a strap and gave it a try, but lacked sufficient junk in the trunk.
I hooked up and pulled it out with little fanfare.
They had come out because the 4 year old asked to go to the beach for his birthday. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
05-06-2016, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2016 11:41 AM by Shai Hulud.)
I was born. Also it's been a good day in a "oh look my old church sucks" way. I mentioned previously in ranting that the minister who ruined the place got promoted to an Area Minister position in the denomination. Found out today he drove out so many people, even after my family left, that they now have decided to go to one service, because there's not enough people left to have two. This used to be a church with like almost 800 people, one main building, one "Life Center" building for Sunday School that was 3 stories tall, and a third building for offices. They've yet to establish a committee to replace him, though they're so far in debt after him, dunno if they can. Person who was telling me all of this was saying "oh we've got enough people who are good speakers, we don't really need to replace him quickly."

My ability to hold a grudge is one of my worst qualities as a human being, let alone as a Christian.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2016, 01:57 PM
(05-06-2016 09:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I hate you all. Angry

Just take a cold shower and relax, might I suggest the dining room?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-06-2016, 02:15 PM
(05-06-2016 01:57 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

Just take a cold shower and relax, might I suggest the dining room?

Dodgy That's it, we can't be friends any more. Angry

*It actually hasn't rained in the kitchen (we don't have a separate dining room) in almost two months. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-06-2016, 03:10 PM
(05-06-2016 02:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 01:57 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Just take a cold shower and relax, might I suggest the dining room?

Dodgy That's it, we can't be friends any more. Angry

*It actually hasn't rained in the kitchen (we don't have a separate dining room) in almost two months. Thumbsup

Ok, I'll close the floodgates.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
05-06-2016, 03:14 PM

They're a bunch of wet blankets.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2016, 03:16 PM
(05-06-2016 03:10 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 02:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dodgy That's it, we can't be friends any more. Angry

Ok, I'll close the floodgates.

You can be such a drip sometimes.

Big Grin

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-06-2016, 08:16 PM
(05-06-2016 03:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 03:10 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Ok, I'll close the floodgates.

You can be such a drip sometimes.

Big Grin

Oh cry me a river.

- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-06-2016, 11:40 PM
Had to get up and be motivated early to help a friend move a tub into a basement. Not just any tub, a metal bathtub from the yesteryears that weighed five tons.

That was fine. Had to mow the lawn after that, decided that the little garden plot that is embedded in our backyard should have the weeds knocked down.

I'm guilty of making a simple job complicated. I got carried away and now my arms and the back of my neck are bright red and my whole body hurts from prolonged and excessive action under the sun by a red headed fatbody.

I think I almost died at least twice, but I'm the proud owner of a small pepper garden and I'm godamn proud of it.

Successful day indeed. Cool

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post