Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-06-2016, 05:47 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(05-06-2016 08:16 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 03:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  You can be such a drip sometimes.

Big Grin

Oh cry me a river.

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 07:43 AM
(06-06-2016 05:47 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-06-2016 08:16 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Oh cry me a river.

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade.

Well times like these all you can do is

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
06-06-2016, 07:54 AM
(05-06-2016 11:40 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Had to get up and be motivated early to help a friend move a tub into a basement. Not just any tub, a metal bathtub from the yesteryears that weighed five tons.

That was fine. Had to mow the lawn after that, decided that the little garden plot that is embedded in our backyard should have the weeds knocked down.

I'm guilty of making a simple job complicated. I got carried away and now my arms and the back of my neck are bright red and my whole body hurts from prolonged and excessive action under the sun by a red headed fatbody.

I think I almost died at least twice, but I'm the proud owner of a small pepper garden and I'm godamn proud of it.

Successful day indeed. Cool
I feel your pain ginger brother-from-another-mother. Ixnay on the unbathingsay.
06-06-2016, 07:55 AM
Water, water everywhere ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2016, 08:11 AM

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-06-2016, 08:40 AM

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-06-2016, 08:54 PM
My girlfriend finally asked me to show her the pictures I took of the new house from our recent visit.

If you don't hear from me again, it means she flipped out at my bad sense of humour and murdered me or something. Allow me to explain Evil_monster

I've mentioned that we got a new house. We just officially took possession of it and spent our first night there, though we're back at our old home now for two weeks until our actual move date. This was a preemptive visit to take a very thorough look at the house and get our remodeling plan set and figure out what we can get done in the next two weeks before we bring the pets and the kids and the furniture and everything.

Anyway... Despite being an atheist, my girlfriend kind of sort of believes in ghosts. She won't admit it, saying only that she merely keeps an open mind about the possibility. But during our night in the house, which apparently holds an echo very well, she heard a few random noises and, though we joked about them being a ghost, I could tell there was a hint of actual nervousness.

I haven't brought it up again, because I want it to not be fresh on her mind when she comes across my attic picture. It's a small attic, not big enough for a room, but big enough for a child to stand in, and hard enough to get into that I can justify not yet having looked at the pictures I took by saying I just stuck my camera into the attic access and got a few pictures so I could see how much storage space is up there, but haven't actually looked at those pictures yet. I then added the faint image of a young boy in one of those pictures, and I think I did a decent enough job to convince someone who already has a hint of suspicion.

Since then, I've said nothing regarding either the ghosts or the pictures because I don't want to seem the slightest bit too eager. But as she was going to bed tonight, and I was up doing some stuff on my computer, she casually asked me to forward the pictures I took so she can look at them tomorrow morning.

Now... The game begins Drinking Beverage

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
06-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Oh you ass. Big Grin
06-06-2016, 11:06 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Today was a good day because I paid off My mortgage.
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post