Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-06-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Yesterday, I coached the lowest scoring member on our trap team - he was scoring 12 -15 (out of 25).

This morning he shot a 21 and a 23. Thumbsup

Oh, and I shot another 25. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
19-06-2016, 03:42 PM
(19-06-2016 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yesterday, I coached the lowest scoring member on our trap team - he was scoring 12 -15 (out of 25).

Is this team adults or junior team? You seem to be really good at this, have you thought about starting a junior team? I think that would be something very cool for kids to learn and be accomplished at.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
19-06-2016, 03:44 PM
(18-06-2016 09:25 PM)Captain Congo Wrote:  Because I got to meet this guy, hear his speech, and get his autograph. Thanks for coming to Mobile Seth

Very cool. He's a really nice guy, isn't he? Great pic!

[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
19-06-2016, 03:54 PM
we cut down a couple of nuisance trees, trimmed back some hazelnut, vine maple, and hawthorn that threatened to take us off the riding mower, and hauled a load of the brush to recycle.
Now going to pull down some 6~8" hemlocks that are sick or dying.
19-06-2016, 03:56 PM
(19-06-2016 03:54 PM)skyking Wrote:  we cut down a couple of nuisance trees, trimmed back some hazelnut, vine maple, and hawthorn that threatened to take us off the riding mower, and hauled a load of the brush to recycle.
Now going to pull down some 6~8" hemlocks that are sick or dying.

If they're only 6-8 inches wouldn't you pull them up instead of pull them down? Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
19-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Indeed. I can estimate the diameter with some confidence but the height turns into a fishing story every time Wink
I do know there are 120' trees on the property that we cherish, and will be paying some big bucks to have a professional climb and thin the limbs. The neighborhood upwind is getting more bare all the time and we are losing the protection a mass of trees has. Next door he has a large tree fall every year in the storms.
I'm hoping a pro can take enough out to lessen the wind load and still keep a nice tree.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
19-06-2016, 04:28 PM
Finally woke up this morning feeling halfway human again.

Watched a couple episodes the new season of Orange is the New Black. Ran a quick errand and came home to get ready to get in the pool the first time this year. Inflated the floats and pulled out the beach towels.

Son's girlfriend and my bonus granddaughter came over to swim and a while later so did my older daughter and my oldest granddaughter. Spent most of the afternoon outside enjoying the pool and watching how much more comfortable bonus granddaughter is in the water.

Not a typical Father's Day but my husband and son both worked today. I made an early dinner of country fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn.

Going to take a shower and relax till GoT comes on. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-06-2016, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 06:49 AM by Chas.)
(19-06-2016 03:42 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(19-06-2016 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yesterday, I coached the lowest scoring member on our trap team - he was scoring 12 -15 (out of 25).

Is this team adults or junior team? You seem to be really good at this, have you thought about starting a junior team? I think that would be something very cool for kids to learn and be accomplished at.

It is open to all. There are high school kids on some teams but it is predominantly adults.

I'm not "really good", my average is 20.7; last year it was 19.5 - so I'm improving.
Someone who is really good averages 24+ and regularly shoots 25, even multiple 25s in a row.

Adding a junior division to the league is a really good idea. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
19-06-2016, 05:12 PM
My son emailed me from Japan to wish me a Happy Father's Day. I haven't seen him since he graduated basic training (except for via Skype) in 2012. He's the expert shot gunner- 24+ out of 25 most every time. He went to Boy Scout Camp for a week when he was 13, and wasn't really into shooting atm. But their team needed one more guy for the competition. He out shot the bloviating range officer. Man, that guy was pissed. Funny, because I knew him from where I used to work. A really big ego, easily bruised. 13 YO shoots better. Laugh out load Happy memory!
[+] 5 users Like Fireball's post
19-06-2016, 07:42 PM
trees, truck, dump trailer.
My wife was driving in 2WD low, dragging the trees up from the road. She did some trailer backing today too. Low range helps!

[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post