Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
15-09-2016, 08:29 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Almost 3 months to the day after doing the sleep study, finally got the bipap machine. But I'll not try it until tomorrow night, in case I'd sleep through an alarm. I think my Chair would be most upset if I got a great night's sleep but missed my morning classes.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
15-09-2016, 09:28 PM
(15-09-2016 08:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Almost 3 months to the day after doing the sleep study, finally got the bipap machine. But I'll not try it until tomorrow night, in case I'd sleep through an alarm. I think my Chair would be most upset if I got a great night's sleep but missed my morning classes.

Loud alarm clock, bud. Sleep is one demon I tried to avoid for my entire working career. That has probably cost me years off my life. If you spend a lot of time on the computer (like the rest of us) you might consider installing this software on your computer. I use it, and it really does work.

https://justgetflux.com/

I don't agree that it makes my computer "look better", but I do get better sleep.
Find all posts by this user
15-09-2016, 10:47 PM
I went swing dancing tonight!!!

It was so. Much. Fun!!!!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
15-09-2016, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2016 11:16 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(15-09-2016 10:47 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I went swing dancing tonight!!!

It was so. Much. Fun!!!!

Swing dancing? Fuck, that takes me back.

Pleas tell me you dressed the part as well?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-09-2016, 05:34 AM
(15-09-2016 11:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 10:47 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I went swing dancing tonight!!!

It was so. Much. Fun!!!!

Swing dancing? Fuck, that takes me back.

Well, along with this dress I wore my heirloom cameo in rose gold, barely showing navy/cream/rose/and rose print crew socks, curled my hair and put the left half back with a Bobby pin, and applied winged eye liner and dark red lipstick. So modern hipster meets swing? Most girls wore low heels or vans. I need ankle support and didn't want my toes crushed by anyone learning how to dance.

[Image: Steve-Madden-Troopa-Boot-For-Women-in-Wine-65-1.jpg]

I rocked this dress better than this model:

[Image: Maeve-Emma-Dress-Red-Motif-Anthropologie...=425%2C638]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
16-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Making considerable progress comissioning the latest ECU (electronic control unit) i am project manager of. Kickass feeling to work with competent people and watching how everything (slowly) comes together.

Going on now to find and remove more bugs now....

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
16-09-2016, 06:20 AM
(16-09-2016 05:34 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 11:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Swing dancing? Fuck, that takes me back.

Well, along with this dress I wore my heirloom cameo in rose gold, barely showing navy/cream/rose/and rose print crew socks, curled my hair and put the left half back with a Bobby pin, and applied winged eye liner and dark red lipstick. So modern hipster meets swing? Most girls wore low heels or vans. I need ankle support and didn't want my toes crushed by anyone learning how to dance.

[Image: Steve-Madden-Troopa-Boot-For-Women-in-Wine-65-1.jpg]

I rocked this dress better than this model:

[Image: Maeve-Emma-Dress-Red-Motif-Anthropologie...=425%2C638]

[Image: 59857122.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
16-09-2016, 01:51 PM
(15-09-2016 09:28 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(15-09-2016 08:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Almost 3 months to the day after doing the sleep study, finally got the bipap machine. But I'll not try it until tomorrow night, in case I'd sleep through an alarm. I think my Chair would be most upset if I got a great night's sleep but missed my morning classes.

Loud alarm clock, bud. Sleep is one demon I tried to avoid for my entire working career. That has probably cost me years off my life. If you spend a lot of time on the computer (like the rest of us) you might consider installing this software on your computer. I use it, and it really does work.

https://justgetflux.com/

I don't agree that it makes my computer "look better", but I do get better sleep.
May install that when I get home, thanks Fireball! And my alarm is reasonably loud, just not sure how loud. (Actually have 3, but one is soft, the other two should do it.) And sorry on the lack of sleep thing in your career, right now our new guy in the office wakes up at 4am to commute here and gets home around 10pm.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
16-09-2016, 02:00 PM
(16-09-2016 05:34 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I rocked this dress better than this model:

Godd God! That woman looks like she weighs 85 lbs. She's gonna go Karen Carpenter if she ain't careful.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Had my follow-up visit to the gynecologist after my tubal sterilization. He had to take the sutures out - yowch, though it really just kind of stung a bit - but it was well worth it 'cause he gave me clearance for the sexy-times. Cool

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post