Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
16-09-2016, 03:57 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Took one of my coworkers[/b] from my last job out to lunch. If anyone helped me cling to some sanity there she is the one. It was really nice.

I then found out that my on site manager had not been told I was being let go and she wasn't happy about it one bit. I did talk to her for a while after lunch, she gave me a big hug.

Visited with about a half dozen people from there who I liked and got lots of hugs and well wishes on the new job.

It was a good day. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
16-09-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm still above ground, ergo it was a good day. In a few months I may be about 5,000 feet underground. Still a good day, but not quite as good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2016, 10:02 PM
It's the day before Friday... Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
26-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Brian K. Vaughan did not fail me!!! Big Grin

I got a big, plush Lying Cat (she purrs and hisses!!), a couple of Saga pins, and the hardbound Book 1 of Saga which BKV signed himself AND he included a handwritten note apologizing for such a delay in sending my prizes!

I take back everything mean I ever said about BKV. BKV you are awesome!

Pictures to follow soon. Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
26-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Ugh. I love, love, love TTA but it is such the pain in the ass just to put photos in a post. Sad

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
26-09-2016, 08:10 PM
(26-09-2016 06:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Ugh. I love, love, love TTA but it is such the pain in the ass just to put photos in a post. Sad

Yes I would be pleased if I could load pictures directly from my hard drive. Many sites I frequent have this feature. Maybe it's just too much data for the servers?
26-09-2016, 10:44 PM
(26-09-2016 08:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(26-09-2016 06:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Ugh. I love, love, love TTA but it is such the pain in the ass just to put photos in a post. Sad

Yes I would be pleased if I could load pictures directly from my hard drive. Many sites I frequent have this feature. Maybe it's just too much data for the servers?

Don't hold your breath waiting for it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-09-2016, 07:24 PM
I journaled about my religious upbringing and also journaled a "letter" to my dad to help with the grieving process. Shy

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
29-09-2016, 02:37 PM
Today has been for several reasons:
1) I registered to vote in person, despite the Wisconsin Election Commission never returning my email or calls from over a week ago.

2) Went and joined Planet Fitness, now that I've gotten the okay after the Stress Test; walked for a mile on a slight incline on the treadmill. Not the best, but not bad since I've been walking only a bit of late.

3) Got my updated passport photo at the post office.

4) Went to Urgent Care about the pain in my side from the past week and a half. The cartilage connected to my rib cage is inflamed, now on something for it.

5) Cleaning the apartment because I've got the energy to do so.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-09-2016, 02:57 PM
So I pissed and moaned about why such a huge profitable place as the major LA hospital where I work didn't use a state-of-the-art vendor to use and collect and analyze certain data, (which I collect and do the preliminary presentation of ... cardiology stuff). They finally gave in, late last year, and begrudgingly paid for it. So I went to an academic conference this week on things to do with it, (or how to create good reports). First I noticed the MD presenting had weird "p" values in some of the studies he was presenting, (ie if the "P" values in the studies were really the way the screen said, they were bogus studies ... but I figured they were typos). So I asked him. He was not happy that I was questioning him. I let it go. During the conference it became evident we were eligible for a number of awards, based on our data, that the vendor had not reported. So I emailed them, and said "Where are our awards ... has anyone looked at our data ?" Then I forgot about it. Kaboom !!! Today here comes the Chairman of Cardiology, and the hospital Admins to my office. I heard them in the hall, thinking they were here to see the Chief Resident about something. So I said "He's at lunch I think, or in the Cath Lab ... doing a case". They said, "Oh no. We're here to see you". Bla bla bla ... they were tripping over themselves thanking me for the publicity they're about to get from the data ... which I had to practically force them to keep and report. Dumb asses. But it's a very good day. One of them knows my dad, and he called him too. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post