Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-09-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Got me a 2560x1600 30" monitor. My old man eyes can actually read stuff w/o sticking my nose up next to the screen. woo hoo.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-09-2016, 06:20 PM
(29-09-2016 04:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Got me a 2560x1600 30" monitor. My old man eyes can actually read stuff w/o sticking my nose up next to the screen. woo hoo.

I have specs set just for the distance my eyes are from the computer screen. These don't work for reading, so I use my bifocal lowers for reading. I still have to take my specs off and read things from a few inches away, because sometimes the print is in some shit font at about 5 points. On my laptop, I have all fonts set to 11 point and in a clear text font called Verdana. Just wait 'til you get old, brudda. Big Grin
30-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Okay so I bit the bullet and got my own Imgur account so I can put photos here on the forum. Tried Photo-fuckit - oops, I mean Photobucket ( srsly, fuck Photobucket - fucker wouldn't let me log in at all! Dodgy ) - and that was a waste.

But here they are, as promised. Big Grin Photos of the cool stuff I got from Brian K. Vaughan and also pictures of new haircolor I got tonight. Hobo

[Image: tnSj7CG.jpg]

[Image: MeSPYlO.jpg]

[Image: UNbJwJE.jpg]

[Image: SWAeLr2.jpg]

[Image: OZ8qdz5.jpg]

[Image: BQ3FQne.jpg]

[Image: mRAKlQI.jpg]

[Image: Md5OYVV.jpg]

Yup, yup, yup definitely loving the Imgur. Suck my clit, Photobucket! Tongue

Oh, and the "new" part of my hair is basically just the highlights I got in it though they're not terribly visible 'cause my laptop's camera sucks. Hobo

[+] 7 users Like Escape Artist's post
01-10-2016, 07:41 AM
(30-09-2016 09:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Okay so I bit the bullet and got my own Imgur account so I can put photos here on the forum. Tried Photo-fuckit - oops, I mean Photobucket ( srsly, fuck Photobucket - fucker wouldn't let me log in at all! Dodgy ) - and that was a waste.

But here they are, as promised. Big Grin Photos of the cool stuff I got from Brian K. Vaughan and also pictures of new haircolor I got tonight. Hobo

Oh, and the "new" part of my hair is basically just the highlights I got in it though they're not terribly visible 'cause my laptop's camera sucks. Hobo

Hey! You got your saga stuff! Yay Smile

Oh, and the hair color looks great.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
01-10-2016, 10:11 AM
(01-10-2016 07:41 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(30-09-2016 09:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Okay so I bit the bullet and got my own Imgur account so I can put photos here on the forum. Tried Photo-fuckit - oops, I mean Photobucket ( srsly, fuck Photobucket - fucker wouldn't let me log in at all! Dodgy ) - and that was a waste.

Hey! You got your saga stuff! Yay Smile

Oh, and the hair color looks great.

Thanks, Aliza. Big Grin

01-10-2016, 10:19 AM

Nice T-shirt! Angel

Hair looks nice, too. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-10-2016, 05:03 PM
No Ravel or Sibelius excerpts asked for on my audition today! Fucking Ravel has raised a blister on my thumb (and I still can't play it at tempo). The audition went okay; I played as well as I practiced. Makes me happy because I have been worried about and practicing for this audition for the past month.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
02-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Talked with my best friend, who lives in Wisconsin, for about two hours this morning and got caught up on each others lives.

Sat on the patio for a couple hours and read the new Bloom County book that came out last week. The weather is great. The dogs romped around the yard and finally came up under the shade and took naps.

They inspired me...I think it's time for a nap now. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Labor day weekend, Mary and I were coming across Chinook Pass to avoid the typical I90 mess. We witnessed the aftermath of an injury accident at the rough patch just west of the Cayuse summit.

The couple were on a trike motorcycle, and clearly did not know how bad that road is there. Luckily they wrecked to the right into the hillside and not off the cliff, but both were hurt bad. We met two ambulances coming up to transport them.

I have seen several accidents and damaged trailers there over the last 35 years, and there is nothing that can be done to fix the road. The mountain does not want a road and is actively sliding and unstable there.

The only signs are "rough road". I know to drop right down to 20 or less with the trailer, but this is due to my experience and knowledge. Coming downhill it really sneaks up on you and if you hit it near the 35 MPH limit, it will get exciting in a car with good suspension. In a truck or in the case of that trike it can be a disaster.

I got home and emailed WSDOT. I got a response back from the first guy that it was not his district but he would forward it on. The next guy replied they would look into it but had a full plate in front of them.

Today I get this email:
"We have completed the review for the area of concern. We have decided we will add more warning signs and speed advisories. This work should be completed within the next few weeks.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

I am impressed with the DOT and happy that I may have helped others travel more safely.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
03-10-2016, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2016 10:38 AM by Gloucester.)
The Sun does shine and the day is not for remaining in house.

Gathered my accutrements and ventured into town on the omnibus. I did visit Geoff's pre-owned book establishment and purchased me a book on art deco graphics for the sum of £3.

Thence to the Cafe of Rene for to partake of a light luncheon, this consisting of a type of unleaven bread wrapped round a meddley of pork, onion, mushroom and a fine Stilton. This accompanied by crisply fried slices of potato and a mixture of salad leaves. A small mug of an ale called "Hobgoblin" washed down my meal; a fine brew.

My first perusal of my literary purchase did please me, as did my luncheon.

Thence to the emporium called "Poundland" to purchase a set of folders in which to place my correspondence in fine order of subject.

Having no further business in the town thence to the omnibus terminus and so to home.

A pleasant day and adequate exercise.

(The style is after that of Samuel Pepys' famous diaries. He did an awful lot of thencing!)

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 3 users Like Gloucester's post