Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-11-2016, 12:40 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Multiple reasons: Panel restored my faith in this conference. Walked a half mile each way and picked up a copy of Pokemon Moon from a Gamestop. Going to walk over to the French Quarter and to the cathedral of St. Louis for Confession and Mass later tonight. Heading out to a small cafe on a side street that a friend showed me last night, and going to have a relatively cheap but great tasting meal in a few minutes, once my internet expires. Smile Edit: Also it's like 40 degrees warmer here than back in Cheeseland, so you know, walking out in the warm sun under palm trees and watching the traffic drift by on the river is a great experience.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2016, 01:14 PM
I managed to drain almost all of the stale gas out of my truck's saddle tanks and take it to a hazardous waste collection point. 27 gallons that have been in there since we inherited it from my father in law, 7 years ago. Haven't used the truck, much, obviously. Just used the main tank. The saddle tanks aren't even hooked to the fuel system. Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Home to grab something to eat and a warmer jacket. Spent the afternoon at the TTA 300th podcast party. The podcasting starts in a couple hours so I will head back that way.

David Smalley was funny and I enjoyed Aron Ra's talk. Will see how the podcast part of it goes.

Damn, that room at the venue is cold! BRRRRRRRR!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-11-2016, 06:59 PM
We found a new species in the area! Woohoo!

http://biogeodb.stri.si.edu/caribbean/en.../random/62

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
19-11-2016, 07:20 PM
So ... I'm thinking of going to "conversion camp" ... and see if they can make me "un-gay". (Of course they can't, but I can write about it. Laugh out load )
Might be a fun time. I suppose I'll get kicked out.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
19-11-2016, 08:33 PM
(19-11-2016 07:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So ... I'm thinking of going to "conversion camp" ... and see if they can make me "un-gay". (Of course they can't, but I can write about it. Laugh out load )
Might be a fun time. I suppose I'll get kicked out.

I hope you’re kidding Bucky. Unless of course you just going looking for hook-ups. Consider

Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
19-11-2016, 10:49 PM
A good morning all around at band practice:

The flute information I got last week at a clinic seems to have sunk in, and with the position changes suggested by the clinician I'm starting to get a much nicer tone. (I've only really been studying flute since September, although I tried to learn it as a teenager.)

Jazz band (wherein I'm playing alto sax for the second year) is working on some great standards this season including one of My favourites, "Sing, Sing, Sing." Thumbsup
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
19-11-2016, 11:46 PM
I had a great time with a wonderful woman. Balances out and surpasses bullshit I had to trudge through. Smile
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
27-11-2016, 08:42 AM
I joined FFRF

Fuck Pence.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-11-2016, 12:42 AM
(19-11-2016 10:49 PM)Astreja Wrote:  including one of My favourites, "Sing, Sing, Sing." Thumbsup

A song about life in jail...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.