Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-11-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Drove my Beetle up to a friend's place about 90 miles away, put it on the lift, changed the clutch out, got it back together and got back home by 8 this evening. Now I can wood it and not spin the clutch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Went to the dentist for my in-depth cleaning today. They did some kind of laser-thingy that I've never had done before so yeah, that was new. Smile Anyway, had the same hygienist as last time and I really liked her, so hopefully when I get my next cleaning in March, she'll still be there. Big Grin She said my gums have healed up most of the way since the last visit.

Now that that's done, my next visit is December 10th where they'll do the left side of my mouth. The molar that needs a root canal the most will be tended to, as well as a cavity taken care of. Until then I just gotta keep up with the gums and mouthwashes and mints and everything they gave me that's supposed to help keep bacteria down. The final visit will be sometime early next year, I believe. They scheduled it while I was in the office today but I forgot to ask when exactly it is, so I'll ask next time.

Rev will be with me for moral support on the 10th appointment, and the next one after that. Smile

They went ahead and fully charged on the CareCredit card I got so that's done and taken care of. Charging the entire treatment at once means I have longer to pay it off which is great. Still not thrilled that I had to get it financed, but this needs to be done, and soon. The hygienist was asking me if my left problem-molar was hurting me at all and I said no, but she wanted to be sure I was getting it taken care of soon because sooner rather than later, that tooth will undoubtedly give me pain. Told her I'm getting it done on the 10th. Smile So she was happy to hear that.

[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
28-11-2016, 08:04 PM
My relief showed up a full hour early this morning, the kids were already at daycare when I got home, the cats were both waiting patiently on the bed for my arrival, and I got like 9 hours of sleep today. I had almost forgot what it's like to be well rested Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-11-2016, 10:29 PM
I visited my doctor today, and we were talking about sleep (among other things). Since I retired, I get at least 1 more hour of sleep a day. The change has been quite positive. I am a lot sharper, and don't literally bounce off the walls, any more. Meaning that when I threaded through a small space, I would literally bump into the walls or cupboard doors. That, and I can solve the Sudoku puzzle in the paper now in less than half the time that I used to take. Now, if I could just get my feet fixed...that's next.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
10-12-2016, 02:10 AM
Returned home from work 10 days earlier.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
22-12-2016, 07:55 PM
Today was my last day of work before Christmas vacation and we ended up getting to leave early, which was a very pleasant surprise! Got to leave at 2:30. Big Grin

Oh, and while I was at work, we did our Christmas gift exchange. I ended up with a couple of candles (I'd been out of candles at home), an owl scarf, and a bottle of wine. Wink

So after work, went home and me and Rev decided to go out and do some shopping. Got a new set of earbuds because mine were crapping out on me, and also a headset for the next time we play D&D so I can actually chat. ^__^ Then we went to the mall and got a video game and I got some clothes - found all my clothes in one store when that's normally next to impossible.

From there, we went and mucked about in Wal-Mart and Rev got some clothes too - and also a Transformer for his collection that we'd had no luck in finding previously.

Lastly, we went to Five Guys for supper - Drooling nommy nommy burgers and fries Hobo Hobo Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-12-2016, 08:16 PM
All the parts I ordered for the truck came in today, in the midst of all the holiday shipping frenzy.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
22-12-2016, 08:37 PM
(22-12-2016 08:16 PM)skyking Wrote:  All the parts I ordered for the truck came in today, in the midst of all the holiday shipping frenzy.

<heads out to shop with die grinder and tube of Dye-Chem> Big Grin Grind it! More HP is at stake!
22-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Truck and all the parts are about 90 miles away, and the engine itself ( and the head to match it to) is in Canada. I will go retrieve it tomorrow.
23-12-2016, 09:35 PM
IMO, today was a good day. We were very steady in our store today, and at times, we got very busy with long lines: IMO, long lines are excellent opportunities to enhance one's ability to stay cool under pressure, and given the fact that I'm not a peacemaking master, I enjoy making the most of these opportunities and honing whatever conflict resolution skills that I can. In addition, a kind gentleman said that I was very polite; he asked me if I had been in the military and was shocked when I responded in the negative. Furthermore, some very kind lady told me that I had a great voice. Finally, when I got home, I engaged in an excellent 20 minute high intensity pt session, which IMO, felt great and rejuvenating.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 2 users Like Kernel Sohcahtoa's post