Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
24-12-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
I woke up to see one of my chrysalis babies hatched into a butterfly, so hey, the day is starting off pretty well!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Diddlyboop's post
24-12-2016, 12:37 PM
The wife bought a ham for xmas dinner. I 'splained that one son and I weren't going to be eating it. So, I went up to the store and picked up a chicken to roast. Spotted a 5 pound sack of spuds for $.89 and got a couple of yams. Out the door for less than $7!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
24-12-2016, 01:01 PM
We slept in a good while today for a change. Since we put off traveling for a day, we are recovering properly from yesterday's epic 13 hour road and shop trip to get the truck engine.
30-12-2016, 02:47 PM
I got my new vintage preamp, for my great vintage amp... Cool

[Image: P-303+Front+2.jpg]

[Image: P-303+Rear+B2.jpg]

[Image: hitachihma6500.preview.jpg]

[Image: hitachihma6500-03-1024vgel.jpg]

Hitachi HMA-6500 is a 2x50W stereo MOSFET amplifier from 1983 and Onkyo P 303 is from 1978, but has been refreshed 5 years ago. This is one of the best things Onkyo has ever produced, with its unique dual-mono design and materials used. It has one of the best phono sections ever made (both MC and MM).

Soon I will change this Hitachi HMA-6500 for a Hitachi HMA-8500, a 100W+100W dual-mono MOSFET amp.

[Image: D3S_1210-2000.jpg]

[Image: pojacalo-hitachi-hma-8500-mk2-kao-moze-z...563031.jpg]

[Image: hitaci_hma_mk_ii_260558.jpg]

Only thing I need now is Thorens TD-318 MkIII and someone who can refresh all the electronics in my Hitachi 8500. It's like brand new, but it's still over 30 years old electronics that need to be changed (with new original parts, of course). Wish me luck.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
30-12-2016, 07:15 PM
After spending time over the last three weeks rebuilding my truck, I got it going today and towed our travel trailer home. I have been working 90 miles away across some of the worst commutes in the nation. I am so glad to be home.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
07-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Friday morning I finally broke down and ordered Beatles Anthology from Amazon. They said it would arrive on Sunday. I was like our weather is going to be dodgy, so I wasn't hopeful.

This morning (saturday) I woke up late, and it was already snowing, so I opened the front door, to look and saw in the corner a box from Amazon.

I wasn't expecting anything (thought my older son ordered something for school) so you can imagine my surprise when I saw it was Anthology!!!! It's a Beatles Weekend!!!!]

YAY!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-01-2017, 03:51 PM
I feel good today. Well. It's evening now. But that's a very good thing. This will affect pretty much everything else in my life. It's just how I function. My state of being has universal significance within me. And I just cracked the code, so to speak. This is going to last. This is here to stay. And that means the world is mine.

Smile
14-01-2017, 10:37 PM
I worked out a plan to use up an entire year's worth of unused paid time off, and finally got to talk to my manager about it. The updated schedule for next week has me only working one day, and it'll probably be like that for another month. I'm cashing in 140 hours of unused PTO.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2017, 10:43 PM
(30-12-2016 02:47 PM)Filox Wrote:  I got my new vintage preamp, for my great vintage amp... Cool

[Image: P-303+Front+2.jpg]

[Image: P-303+Rear+B2.jpg]

[Image: hitachihma6500.preview.jpg]

[Image: hitachihma6500-03-1024vgel.jpg]

Hitachi HMA-6500 is a 2x50W stereo MOSFET amplifier from 1983 and Onkyo P 303 is from 1978, but has been refreshed 5 years ago. This is one of the best things Onkyo has ever produced, with its unique dual-mono design and materials used. It has one of the best phono sections ever made (both MC and MM).

Soon I will change this Hitachi HMA-6500 for a Hitachi HMA-8500, a 100W+100W dual-mono MOSFET amp.

[Image: D3S_1210-2000.jpg]

[Image: pojacalo-hitachi-hma-8500-mk2-kao-moze-z...563031.jpg]

[Image: hitaci_hma_mk_ii_260558.jpg]

Only thing I need now is Thorens TD-318 MkIII and someone who can refresh all the electronics in my Hitachi 8500. It's like brand new, but it's still over 30 years old electronics that need to be changed (with new original parts, of course). Wish me luck.

Drinking Beverage

Dude, do I have the YouTube channel for you!

A retrotech-audiophile, the channel is called Techmoan.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan/videos

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Messin with muh new Playstation Big Grin