Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-02-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(19-02-2017 07:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Brother came down to visit, nice to see him. Also he brought me a birthday gift he bought for me almost 2 years ago.

What was it?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2017, 08:49 PM
(19-02-2017 08:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 07:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Brother came down to visit, nice to see him. Also he brought me a birthday gift he bought for me almost 2 years ago.

What was it?

Set of Limited Edition Star Wars Pez Dispensers.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
01-03-2017, 05:04 PM
New flute arrived, safe and sound!
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
05-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Good Morning TTA

[Image: 17617-good-morning-wishes.jpg]

Busy day ahead for Moms, got to plan the meals for the week, make a shopping list, do some laundry, continue going through some posts here...

In the meantime, before becoming bogged down in the details of the day I want to sit for a moment and contemplate how incredibly cool this place is.

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-03-2017, 11:16 AM
I did my taxes, so no longer have to worry about that. Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Slept till noon and got wasted in the afternoon. Looking forward to receiving 2 grand tommorow.
05-03-2017, 11:38 AM
(19-02-2017 08:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 08:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  What was it?

Set of Limited Edition Star Wars Pez Dispensers.

My mother-in-law gave us a couple of Star Wars Pez dispensers one Christmas and I never got around to getting rid of them. They sat on the mantelpiece collecting dust. It's a Yoda and Darth Vader with the Pez sweets still in their packaging. We've since moved so I don't know what happened to them.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
05-03-2017, 03:44 PM
(05-03-2017 11:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-02-2017 08:49 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Set of Limited Edition Star Wars Pez Dispensers.

My mother-in-law gave us a couple of Star Wars Pez dispensers one Christmas and I never got around to getting rid of them. They sat on the mantelpiece collecting dust. It's a Yoda and Darth Vader with the Pez sweets still in their packaging. We've since moved so I don't know what happened to them.

Could be worth a lot of money one day. My set has Yoda, Vader, R2, and C3PO

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-03-2017, 04:03 PM
Yesterday I accomplished exactly what I wanted to. Nothing at all...nothing productive in any way. I am still fighting some sort of virus and knew I needed to just lay around and rest. I specifically did no work over this weekend to avoid burnout.

Today I have fed all the critters, made cornbread treats for the parrots, did three loads of laundry, have dinner cooking, cleaned the floors and the critter water fountain, ran a quick errand, washed my hair, and defurred my legs. I am feeling pretty good about the day.

Ready to get back to work tomorrow...and the commute should be a breeze as it's spring break for many of the school districts around here so traffic will be light. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
05-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Today was awesome! Completed my todo list and my man rearranged the guest room (he got a headboard from his mom's house and that meant the bed had to moved away from the window). Did extra wash, and now the guest room is a bit more ready for guests next week!

I'm not thrilled with the new arrangement but we don't want people unable to vacate the room in case of fire. Now, I'm off to watch a movie with my family! Goodnight TTA!
Heart

[Image: Sunset_2007-1.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post