Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
23-03-2017, 10:30 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Date night with Rev. Big Grin

Went to Five Guys for supper. Was nommy as usual. Heart Planned to go bowling afterward but it was a league night (we'd checked their website prior and it only mentioned Monday being a league night so had thought tonight would be okay) so was kind of disappointed, there. Undecided

But Rev remembered this miniature golf thing over in the mall and suggested we check it out so we did. It was pretty fun. Smile I got a hole-in-one on one of them!!

Cruised around the mall for a bit after that and picked up a Pop vinyl Poison Ivy figurine. Smile We had a Harley Quinn one already at home and it seemed like she needed her best gal-pal around. Big Grin

Also picked up a couple of Studio Ghibli t-shirts! I got a Calcifer one from Howl's Moving Castle and then a Spirited Away one as well. Hobo

And Rev did the dishes tonight for me, so I got a break from those. Heart

Awesome boyfriend is awesome. Shy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
24-03-2017, 04:43 AM
(23-03-2017 10:30 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Date night with Rev. Big Grin

Went to Five Guys for supper. Was nommy as usual. Heart Planned to go bowling afterward but it was a league night (we'd checked their website prior and it only mentioned Monday being a league night so had thought tonight would be okay) so was kind of disappointed, there. Undecided

But Rev remembered this miniature golf thing over in the mall and suggested we check it out so we did. It was pretty fun. Smile I got a hole-in-one on one of them!!

Cruised around the mall for a bit after that and picked up a Pop vinyl Poison Ivy figurine. Smile We had a Harley Quinn one already at home and it seemed like she needed her best gal-pal around. Big Grin

Also picked up a couple of Studio Ghibli t-shirts! I got a Calcifer one from Howl's Moving Castle and then a Spirited Away one as well. Hobo

And Rev did the dishes tonight for me, so I got a break from those. Heart

Awesome boyfriend is awesome. Shy

Breaking news; on date, girl eats product from 5 guys in front of boyfriend.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-03-2017, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2017 03:26 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Lectures went well, students were receptive and into discussion, and I had enough done by 7:30am this morning that I can not come in tomorrow on my day off. Smile

Edit: For a second semester in a row I was just nominated for my university's top teaching award...which I'm ineligible to receive since I've not been here five years. Still an honor though, and great to know a student thought my teaching was worth a nomination.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-03-2017, 02:46 AM
My employer is rolling out a new policy of "future work, mobile work" along with offering sabatticals worldwide. They discovered that they want to the most popular/sought after employer worldwide, looking at the demographics of aging workforce populations and the demands of gen-x and millenials (thanks a lot, kids! Laugh out load ) . Thumbsup

Now i am able to look for 3-4 day/week contracts combined with home-office. Drooling Due to having worked hard for the past 20y and some recent inheritals i am financially able to do this (after calculating and re-calculating). Lets hope i can tip the balance of work-life-balance a bit soon, in favour of the latter. Cool

Reminds me that i have to show u guys pis of how i stacked (this week) my balcony, with Tomatos, strawberry, paprika and raspberry. Big Grin

Who knows, maybe next year, those pics will be from my own little garden of my own little property. Angel

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
29-03-2017, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 29-03-2017 08:27 PM by M. Linoge.)
Finished all the work for this month, meaning I now have a four day weekend.

"Throughout history, every mystery, ever solved, has turned out to be; Not magic."
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
02-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Spent time with my fiance, and the weather was beautiful. Just relaxed, and didn't have any stress.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
04-04-2017, 08:20 PM
I only have two days left in my work week! ^__^

Yay for mini vacations. Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
04-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Nurse was here today.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 5 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
04-04-2017, 09:19 PM
The whole weekend for me was pretty great. Went to Yosemite for my birthday, hiked for maybe 7 miles or something like that, and someone I've been talking to for a long time apparently still likes me.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
05-04-2017, 05:06 PM
[Image: becausebooty.gif?cb=1490813295]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post