Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
05-04-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
I've had a silly school girl crush on a man at work since my first day on the job. He pulled my pony tail and introduced himself by his first name instead of his salutation. We finally swapped numbers today Blush

Also, I'm off the next four days so yay me!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
05-04-2017, 10:13 PM
(05-04-2017 10:04 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I've had a silly school girl crush on a man at work since my first day on the job. He pulled my pony tail and introduced himself by his first name instead of his salutation. We finally swapped numbers today Blush

Also, I'm off the next four days so yay me!

That sounds super excite. I was just going to stroll on in this thread and post my own BS, but this beats mine haha.

I connected with an old dear girl friend and got super pumped about meeting up and catching up, it made me feel wonderful. Warm fuzzes.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
15-04-2017, 09:15 AM
So this is more for yesterday, but Rev gets Boyfriend of the Decade award. We're doing up a pretty big party for my daughter's 16th (her birthday isn't actually 'til next month but the venue we wanted was totally booked for May) birthday and it's been a big to-do. I got off work half a day yesterday and figured it'd be me, my mom, and my daughter doing all the decorating, but Rev stepped up and said he'd lend his tallness to us and help out. Heart We got there at like 3:00 and were decorating more or less non-stop 'til 11:30 that night.

And also, wow - we have just a couple touches left on the place but it looks so good. This party's decor is my daughter's brainchild and she has an artistic eye for what goes well together. At first, way back when she picked colors, I thought they wouldn't work together, but they so do. It's absolutely beautiful. We'll have to get pictures and post them up on the site here.

Gonna be a long day but hopefully a good one.

Her good-for-nothing father better show up!!!! Hobo

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
15-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Hmm ... watching with the knowledge that things fall apart ... reminds me, always: change is good.

The feeling is something like exquisite torture ... recalling Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka: "The suspense is killing me. I hope it lasts."

It might be killing me now, but I know it's gonna be good. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-04-2017, 09:42 AM
(15-04-2017 09:15 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So this is more for yesterday, but Rev gets Boyfriend of the Decade award. We're doing up a pretty big party for my daughter's 16th (her birthday isn't actually 'til next month but the venue we wanted was totally booked for May) birthday and it's been a big to-do. I got off work half a day yesterday and figured it'd be me, my mom, and my daughter doing all the decorating, but Rev stepped up and said he'd lend his tallness to us and help out. Heart We got there at like 3:00 and were decorating more or less non-stop 'til 11:30 that night.

And also, wow - we have just a couple touches left on the place but it looks so good. This party's decor is my daughter's brainchild and she has an artistic eye for what goes well together. At first, way back when she picked colors, I thought they wouldn't work together, but they so do. It's absolutely beautiful. We'll have to get pictures and post them up on the site here.

Gonna be a long day but hopefully a good one.

Her good-for-nothing father better show up!!!! Hobo

Happy birthday wishes to Miss Sweet 16. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-04-2017, 12:41 PM
I collected about $40 worth of deposit beverage containers at the local Transfer Station. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
20-04-2017, 11:01 PM
Went stargazing outside the city, and also saw a presentation on the pros and cons of different types of telescopes.

Along with seeing a whole bunch of constellations that I could never see from inside city limits due to light pollution, I got to see Jupiter, Mars, and my personal favourite, the M42 nebula in Orion (but just barely -- Orion was setting and the nebula was fuzzed out by the haze near the horizon).

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
05-05-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 12:47 PM by Vera.)
Because the universe finally decided to give me a break. Granted the minusculest of breaks and quite possibly with the sole intention of distracting me while it figures yet another way of fucking me over, but still...

My publishing house just asked me to leave my current bilge aside and start working on *the* one author that doesn't really drive me to suicide or at the very least, a sex (or even better - species) change operation. [Image: dashline.gif]

And not a moment too soon, either. Seriously, since I, apparently, barely qualify as woman, can someone enlighten me - besides the obsession with shoes, shopping and gossiping about men, is it typical for "real" women to get their pathetic kicks of imagining how everybody else is jealous of *their* guy, because he's so huge and rugged and hunky? Does your love grow in proportion to the number of women drooling over *your* man? Because this is like *the* one poisonous cliche that I find in every freaking one of my crappy romance books and it drives me even insaner than the rest of the neanderthal crap they peddle. Have I mentioned I'm often ashamed to call myself a woman Dodgy

(Also, I did NOT get shot in the supermarket, even though there was a guy waiving a freaking shotgun around. Okay, I exaggerate, as per usual. But there *was* a guy with a drawn shotgun - a police officer, granted, and only because they were doing something to the ATM machine but still... I'm a bloody European, for chrissake, I'm not used to seeing shotguns being carried around like freaking baguettes Dodgy )

PS. And spare me the corrections pointing how it couldn't have been a shotgun or whatever. Have zero interest in the real word. Was a firearm and was big. That's all I need to know.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2017, 12:42 PM
Lucked into a guaranteed $500 college scholarship for my kid. Every little bit helps!
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
06-05-2017, 07:57 AM
just like yesterday and the day before, I got up and out of bed with good health and no heart muscle damage.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post