Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
06-05-2017, 08:29 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(05-05-2017 12:34 PM)Vera Wrote:  Because the universe finally decided to give me a break. Granted the minusculest of breaks and quite possibly with the sole intention of distracting me while it figures yet another way of fucking me over, but still...

My publishing house just asked me to leave my current bilge aside and start working on *the* one author that doesn't really drive me to suicide or at the very least, a sex (or even better - species) change operation. [Image: dashline.gif]

And not a moment too soon, either. Seriously, since I, apparently, barely qualify as woman, can someone enlighten me - besides the obsession with shoes, shopping and gossiping about men, is it typical for "real" women to get their pathetic kicks of imagining how everybody else is jealous of *their* guy, because he's so huge and rugged and hunky? Does your love grow in proportion to the number of women drooling over *your* man? Because this is like *the* one poisonous cliche that I find in every freaking one of my crappy romance books and it drives me even insaner than the rest of the neanderthal crap they peddle. Have I mentioned I'm often ashamed to call myself a woman Dodgy

(Also, I did NOT get shot in the supermarket, even though there was a guy waiving a freaking shotgun around. Okay, I exaggerate, as per usual. But there *was* a guy with a drawn shotgun - a police officer, granted, and only because they were doing something to the ATM machine but still... I'm a bloody European, for chrissake, I'm not used to seeing shotguns being carried around like freaking baguettes Dodgy )

PS. And spare me the corrections pointing how it couldn't have been a shotgun or whatever. Have zero interest in the real word. Was a firearm and was big. That's all I need to know.

[pulls knuckles off floor] Tongue I bet it was a a shotgun. A rifle would be no good at close range.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2017, 08:45 AM
I woke up with an erection just like every other day so I know it's still working.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
(06-05-2017 08:29 AM)Fireball Wrote:  [pulls knuckles off floor] Tongue I bet it was a a shotgun. A rifle would be no good at close range.

Looked something like this, I think.

[Image: sg-a102015.jpg]

Can't say I know (or much care) what the difference between a shotgun and a rifle is, but I'm pretty sure the first time I saw the latter in real life was in Brazil, too, when I was volunteering in a "pacified" favela. There were police officers just standing at the entrance, brandishing those
[Image: BOPE-05.jpg]

(Surprisingly enough, I also saw one in Montevideo - surprisingly, because Uruguay is a very civilised European-like country. I think there was a dead body in the street... can't say I stopped to look, really)

Like I said, I'm European, I'm not used to feeling like I'm in an freaking action movie. Instead, I'm used to being able to walk back home at midnight without worrying how many people are going to assault me on the way home.

Okay, I lied. I had seen bigger guns before - we have this, but frankly, those are just for show (that's the Presidency Building and those guys serve a decorative purpose, really)

(You also get to see one of my favourite bars/cafes/restaurants in Sofia, btw Yes )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
16-05-2017, 06:23 AM
Told my manager today, that im ok with 4 days/week/30hr, as offered by my employer in order to become more popular to its employees. I have calculated back and forth, and am confident that i am neither gonna become the richest guy on the graveyard nor a beggar around the corner when i do this.

Got accepted right off the bat with a hint that home office is additionally possible too. Laugh out load

German employers ftw!
[Image: nemacka.gif]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
16-05-2017, 05:05 PM
Today was a good day because I pulled in 3 accounts and one of them was a Fortune 500 account. Selling was good today.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
16-05-2017, 06:43 PM
The automatic Mahjong table I'm donating to the local Senior Center was delivered to my brother's house this afternoon. We'll be assembling at the Senior Center next week. Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
17-05-2017, 12:28 PM
Went grocery shopping and then in a rare burst of energy, I've cleaned more today than I have in the last two months. I refuse to go to school today on a day off (making this, aside from while I was gone for an interview, the second day I've not gone in since the beginning of this past semester, including Saturdays and Sundays) for once.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-05-2017, 10:56 AM
I just got a confirmation that the oil I made really helped one older male for his high blood pressure issues, spasms in muscles and sleep. Person used to take about 20 pills for pain and sleep a day, which caused his liver, kidneys and heart to need some pills of their own... So more pills, every day. First indications are positive, we shall continue to observe.

Call me doctor Filox from now on, ok? Thanks...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-05-2017, 12:06 PM
(23-05-2017 10:56 AM)Filox Wrote:  Call me doctor Filox from now on, ok? Thanks...

Are you a medical professional? Or are we talking homeopathic oils or something similarly crazy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-05-2017, 01:30 PM
Something similarly crazy...

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson