Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-05-2017, 03:59 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
I'm gonna choose my words carefully here. Filox, playing doctor is exactly that. I'm always amazed by how willing people are to do this, and how willing their "patients" are to go along with it. If you're going to treat someone for a medical condition, have medical training. It's that simple. Anything else, you're playing with people's lives. It might seem harmless, but what if your old man *does* stop his medication on account of you? Will you be willing to accept responsibility if he has a problem? Will you feel like you misled him? Documentaries on the web and what not aren't exactly reliable sources for medical information.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
29-05-2017, 02:17 AM
Morondog, it's thc oil. To help the guy relax, sleep and have a better life quality. I'm sure you know all about thc oil, so now we can stop with this pseudo-doctor jokes. Nobody is going to stop listening to real doctors. Have a little faith in me, will ya.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
29-05-2017, 04:53 AM
(29-05-2017 02:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  Have a little faith in me, will ya.

No. Tongue

I've seen too many people whom I otherwise respect go off the deepend with medical stuff.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
29-05-2017, 05:46 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2017 05:50 AM by adey67.)
(29-05-2017 02:17 AM)Filox Wrote:  Morondog, it's thc oil. To help the guy relax, sleep and have a better life quality. I'm sure you know all about thc oil, so now we can stop with this pseudo-doctor jokes. Nobody is going to stop listening to real doctors. Have a little faith in me, will ya.
So you gave an elderly man a highly psychoactive compound, did you know all potential interactions with his other medications and medical conditions? Did you titrate an appropriate dose for age weight etc ? How many milligrammes did you prescribe/ dispense and are you a licenced pharmacist or authorized dispenser of medical marijuana ?

How well your "patient" is responding is irrelevant can you at least see why what you are doing gives me and others here pause ?

Medical marijuana does work when properly administered but that's not the issue, the issue is your role, now if you are trained and officially recognized this rant ends here with an unreserved apology from myself, if not then I do not see how you can claim others concerns are baseless.

I'm an ex RN with 29 years of experience in many fields my practical knowledge of pharmacology is very good but I would not do what your doing without extensive training.
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
29-05-2017, 06:05 AM
Apologies for derailing this thread but important points needed to be made Imo.
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post
29-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Back to the topic, today was also a good day... I revisited my older friend and we had a little talk. I told him to talk to his doctor and tell him everything. He is great, he feels a lot of benefits from very low doses, 3 times a day and he has zero ill effects. He does not take this for treating his condition, as it cannot be reversed, he takes it to better his life quality a bit and it is doing a great job. He is feeling better, happier and clearer, he takes a lot less sleeping pills and benzodiazepine now and that is the only thing he wanted to achieve. I had a good day today seeing him like that. He had a good day because he feels better. A good day for everybody.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-05-2017, 03:25 PM
(29-05-2017 03:18 PM)Filox Wrote:  I told him to talk to his doctor and tell him everything.

Thumbsup

29-05-2017, 03:42 PM
(29-05-2017 03:18 PM)Filox Wrote:  Back to the topic, today was also a good day... I revisited my older friend and we had a little talk. I told him to talk to his doctor and tell him everything. He is great, he feels a lot of benefits from very low doses, 3 times a day and he has zero ill effects. He does not take this for treating his condition, as it cannot be reversed, he takes it to better his life quality a bit and it is doing a great job. He is feeling better, happier and clearer, he takes a lot less sleeping pills and benzodiazepine now and that is the only thing he wanted to achieve. I had a good day today seeing him like that. He had a good day because he feels better. A good day for everybody.

Big Grin

Thumbsup
29-05-2017, 05:03 PM
I won at Mahjong this afternoon. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
30-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Made it home with time to have a little nap before I have to go to work. I'm going to need it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post