Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
25-07-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
You guuuyyyysssss, they put me with the coolest people in my new department! I was over there training with one of the girls I'll be sharing a cubicle with, and she and the other girl who'll be in the cubicle with me asked if I'm a morning person. I was like nooooo. And they said good, they aren't either! Heart

They were saying how "Good Morning" is the most irritating thing ever because no morning is good, and y'all, my little Grinch heart grew three sizes! Hobo Laugh out load I'm so glad to be with some wonderful ladies who apparently hate mornings and all its associated greetings as much as I do. Weeping The emotions!

They were glad I'm not a morning person either because that way I won't get my feelings hurt or be offended if they don't say anything to me in the morning. Tongue I told them I don't talk much anyway and they said they don't either. Shy Mostly just to each other.

I can't remember if I mentioned my weird eating anxiety problem yesterday, but I ate in the breakroom again today and it was great. Apparently I have no real problems so long as I eat in an area that is designated as such.

Anyway, today flew again as well. Still not quite at my new desk but I have my old one squared away and all my belongings are ready for their new home.

Today rated 4 hobos out of 5! Hobo Hobo Hobo Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Escape Artist's post
26-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Another good day. Big Grin I got a gold star at work! Well, sort of. Wink

I helped out with a big payment that needed fixing because it'd been paid twice by accident. They said it was kind of boring, rote work, but that's no big deal, honestly. I'm just thrilled to have stuff to do. Plus I figured it'd be good practice for something that I might have to do in the future. So I got it done, then went to check e-mails at my old desk (still slow-going on moving me over to the new spot) and when I got back I had a little coupon on my new desk saying I was awesome and for my great teamwork, I get 30 minutes paid time off! It made me happy. Heart

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
28-07-2017, 08:18 PM
The new treadmill is here!

Tonight we played a concert by the sea. Waves on one side of the pavilion, gorgeous scarlet sunset on the other, and then the lights come on for the ferris wheel and the merry-go-round and the crescent moon glimmers above it all.

My son killing it on the bassoon, me hitting almost all my high Cs on the flute tonight. Most of the clarinets on pitch. A couple of old acquaintances sitting in tonight who knew me way back when I was pregnant--so funny to see their expressions when I point him out (he's four feet taller and way more bearded than he was the last time they saw him).

There's a food place at the end of the pavilion where my son had his first taste of strawberry ice cream, back when he was a year and a half old. I'll never forget that smile! Really fun to buy him a cup of strawberry ice cream tonight before the show.

Plus green traffic lights almost the whole drive home and my husband waiting with a bottle of wine...
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
28-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Back home late tonight after working out of town all week, outside in the southern heat. No place like home. Missed this forum more than any of you can imagine! Haven't even checked my email yet. Just loved on the dogs and came straight here.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
09-08-2017, 01:40 PM
FUCKEN YES!!! I've been wanting to get a cello for so looooooong. Today I finally ordered one online. It's just a basic instrument. Ships from Cape Town. I'm so excited Blush I played my cousin's cello last time I was in England and it was magic, but I couldn't afford one when I got back here. But I saved up. Fuck I hope it has a nice tone. If it's a horrible piece of shit after I've anticipated it for this long I'll die. There is a returns policy but I know those fucks will screw me over. Fuck I hope it's a decent instrument. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

It's gonna arrive on 29 August. That's like... practically next year Sadcryface God fucking dammit. Why couldn't they have their depot in Joburg? Fucking fuckers.

Yayayayayayayayayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BlushBlushBlush

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
09-08-2017, 01:42 PM
(09-08-2017 01:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  FUCKEN YES!!! I've been wanting to get a cello for so looooooong. Today I finally ordered one online. It's just a basic instrument. Ships from Cape Town. I'm so excited Blush I played my cousin's cello last time I was in England and it was magic, but I couldn't afford one when I got back here. But I saved up. Fuck I hope it has a nice tone. If it's a horrible piece of shit after I've anticipated it for this long I'll die. There is a returns policy but I know those fucks will screw me over. Fuck I hope it's a decent instrument. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

It's gonna arrive on 29 August. That's like... practically next year Sadcryface God fucking dammit. Why couldn't they have their depot in Joburg? Fucking fuckers.

Yayayayayayayayayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BlushBlushBlush

Yay MD, CONGRATS!!!!! Heart Awwwwwww, I'm so happy for you!!! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
09-08-2017, 03:59 PM
I'm kind of excited for morondog getting that cello so I forgot what I was going to say. Oh yeah. Jury duty. They settled the case I was assigned to so I got to turn around and go home. It was cool because each of us got a free cello just for attending.Yes
[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
09-08-2017, 04:16 PM
[Image: chuckling-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
09-08-2017, 05:59 PM
I woke up.

I put $500 into a $550 computer.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2017, 03:37 PM
I actually heard this, today, on 103 Jams. Laugh out load

Oowah Cool