Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
11-08-2017, 03:59 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(13-12-2012 12:02 AM)Hughsie Wrote:  This is a bit like the ranting corner but for more positive things. This is where people can post about why they've had a good day, or just about any events that have made them a little happier with life recently.

My day was good because I had an observation from college at work (my job in the school). My assessor wanted to observe me having an appraisal with my boss and it went really well. My boss spoke to me at length about what a great job I do, how I've grown since starting there, and just generally about how pleased she is with me. It felt really good to receive the compliments and just as good to know that they were all being heard and written down by my assessor to go into my college file. I know it's a rather self-centred thing to be happy about but it really did put a shine on my day.

Anyone else got anything?

My day was good because a certain orange asshat hasn't started WW3 YET!

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2017, 08:51 PM
My book arrived. More than 1200 pages of culinary information, techniques, and recipes. I know the majority of the techniques and such, but it's a damn fine collection of info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
17-09-2017, 04:46 PM
My group just won free time at a recording studio!
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
17-09-2017, 05:15 PM
(12-08-2017 08:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My book arrived. More than 1200 pages of culinary information, techniques, and recipes. I know the majority of the techniques and such, but it's a damn fine collection of info.

What's the title of the book?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
17-09-2017, 05:51 PM
(17-09-2017 05:15 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-08-2017 08:51 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  My book arrived. More than 1200 pages of culinary information, techniques, and recipes. I know the majority of the techniques and such, but it's a damn fine collection of info.

What's the title of the book?

How to cook people

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
17-09-2017, 07:25 PM
I woke up at 4 AM ugly and tired for my early morning shift. Overnight guy didn't get shit done, store was a mess, and a customer decided to use and flush the plugged men's room anyway, signs and cones notwithstanding. Software crashed so I couldn't do the store's numbers, and that took five hours to get running again -- and when we got it back up, the store was $20 short.

The good? I got my legs under me getting out of bed, and managed to stay happy despite the bullshit. Come home to play a little guitar, make a good dinner, and tell the world to fuck off 'cause I'm going to be happy anyway.

Plus, I've got my Sweetness in my back pocket ... with her "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day". As good as I dare ask for.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
18-09-2017, 07:30 AM
I worked in the garden/yard for 5 hours yesterday and it felt wonderful!! I have been working 50 hour weeks, volunteering and also dealing with general back to school mayhem. I told everyone I was taking a day OFF yesterday. Nature always brings me back to center Smile

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
18-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Feet are killing me, had a real jerk of a student last class...but today has been great. Students have been engaged, they've talked more with me than the rest of the semester so far, they've asked great questions, and made funny jokes. One sent me a link to a video he thinks I should use for class next semester (and I will, after having viewed it and thought it spot on).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
19-10-2017, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2017 08:04 PM by CleverUsername.)
Tonight school had "Bear-To-Build" (a watered down Build-A-Bear).

That one magical night of the year where over a hundred college students can be seen wandering around campus with stuffed animals.

I made a lion. Big Grin

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
19-10-2017, 10:48 PM
I made it through eight straight at work, and I'm still standing. The world can blow me.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post