Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2018, 12:40 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Well, it's preemptive but I'm going to be positive.

Today we're going to see The Infinity War and getting burritos for dinner tonight. It will be a good day!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-05-2018, 12:48 PM
(05-05-2018 12:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, it's preemptive but I'm going to be positive.

Today we're going to see The Infinity War and getting burritos for dinner tonight. It will be a good day!

Have fun!

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-05-2018, 05:11 PM
I was back to work at the local Transfer Station after a month's absence due to a shoulder injury. The weather was sunny, cool and breezy. I filled two 24-gal. tubs and six 18-gal. tubs with deposit beverage containers. Thumbsup
05-05-2018, 05:42 PM
Finally completed installing some insulation batts in an oddly-shaped part of the attic where a lot of ladder-balancing, Twister, and sinister stapling was required (but fortunately I'm ambidextrous and my left-hand grip is stronger than the right).

Also survived an 8 a.m. jazz band practice -- we normally practise at 11:00 but that time slot was preempted for a band meeting and potluck lunch. It's... interesting trying to solo on alto sax while you're still waking up and your morning tea hasn't kicked in yet. Laugh out load

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2018, 06:54 PM
(05-05-2018 12:48 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-05-2018 12:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, it's preemptive but I'm going to be positive.

Have fun!

It was an awesome day. I should be doing laundry so that I can skip doing that tomorrow and have another fun day.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-05-2018, 08:09 PM
I mowed the yard.
I swept out the garage.
I vacuumed the basement and first floor.
I mopped the kitchen floor.
I cooked supper.

So I feel like I earned my keep today.
10-05-2018, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2018 11:52 AM by Revenant77x.)
Had my 1 week follow up with the oral surgeon today. Everything is healing nicely and my pain level has been less after the surgery than it was before (the broken tooth was a bitch). The follow up exam lasted maybe 4 minutes total, nurse checked my scars then the Doctor came in and checked them asked me how I was doing and gave me a syringe to clean out the cavities where my lower wisdom teeth had been (due to the way they had erupted they left a sizable gap but that is filling in nicely). Getting bits of food particles stuck in those gaps has been the only real issue I have had and swishing with salt water has fixed that easily enough.

So TL/DR If you are in the Waco area and need an oral surgeon Dr Colins is amazing. Not only is he very skilled, his rates are low and he personally called the night of the procedure to check on how I was coming along.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
21-05-2018, 08:44 PM
I am back in Rio Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2018, 03:09 AM
Murmph! Too soon to tell. It's only 5:00 a.m. here. I'm going back to bed. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
28-05-2018, 05:32 PM
This was my weekend project. I still have one railing to set up, because my wife wanted to see both styles, but it won’t take long to pull that one piece down, put up the other style, and add eight spindles.

[Image: 205qbg2.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post