Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-08-2013, 03:21 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Because I paid off my library fine, the new guy behind the counter sounds really cute. And dear old Mr. Dave is back yay! I love the library.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
31-08-2013, 05:46 PM
It was a good day today. There had been a breakthrough in my meditation, a bit too literal for my taste. I have mastered something, but overdone it and got a little hurt as a result. Fortunately, this seems to heal now and I feel rather different. Weirder than usual, but having more energy. Books warn of this phase. Year or so before, there was a proverbial phase of water, me being all emo, soppy and depressed. Now there's the phase of fire and it's a bit too literal for comfort, no metaphor for emotions. It fuckin' burns. I always liked to play with fire, but not like this.

This meditation practice can be dangerous and the only thing that protects you is your own ineptness. Few people are good enough at it to destroy themselves and I reached that level.
I know what you guys think - find a goddamn doctor and take a handful of head pills to calm down - or you're making this shit up, meditation is just sitting and navel gazing.
I love you too, guys.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Luminon's post
01-09-2013, 07:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2013 07:47 AM by GirlyMan.)
(31-08-2013 05:46 PM)Luminon Wrote:  ... meditation is just sitting and navel gazing.

The power of omphaloskepsis should never be underestimated. Big Grin

Many yogis have demonstrated in controlled environments conscious control over aspects of the autonomic nervous system which weren't previously thought possible.

#sigh
01-09-2013, 07:46 AM
..... hit reply instead of edit.

#sigh
01-09-2013, 07:56 AM
(31-08-2013 05:46 PM)Luminon Wrote:  ...
I know what you guys think - find a goddamn doctor and take a handful of head pills to calm down - or you're making this shit up, meditation is just sitting and navel gazing.
I love you too, guys.

Hehehe. Each to their own, dude.

In a theatre near you...

Luminon stars in...

Navel of Fire

01-09-2013, 08:03 AM
Today I will feast on fresh corn and BBQ pig with my family. I will make pasta sauce with the bags and bags of tomatoes I have from all my neighbors (a few tasted my sauce last year, so now they are bringing me their spare tomatoes in the hope that they get a jar of sauce.....which they will of course!). I will have a bonfire when the sun starts to set. I will make a conscious effort to enjoy the beautiful weather (heat wave finally broke. Looks like a nice cool day for a change)

Today will be a great day.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
The girl next doors works in a bar. She posted on the dormitory Facebook profile, that she cleared some old stuff and put it into the club room for people to take.
Much of it was actually in good state and useful, so I stocked up on mustard, pickled vegetables, knackebrott, sauces, teas and jams. This was the second time there was a giveaway of stuff on this dormitory and I rather like it. Want not, waste not Big Grin I left all the wine there for social people to drink.

(01-09-2013 07:41 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The power of omphaloskepsis should never be underestimated. Big Grin

Many yogis have demonstrated in controlled environments conscious control over aspects of the autonomic nervous system which weren't previously thought possible.
Well, are people supposed to feel their pineal gland subtly vibrating all day long? It feels like I am wearing a halo, and got slightly drunk. Most of the stuff that worked with me was not even a nervous system, there are conduits that only loosely follow some of the nerves or spine. There is another network in the body and it's not nerves nor blood vessels. My respect to scientists will proportionally increase as they discover it.

Now I realize I should have stopped working on it a week or two earlier, this is too much. I am not a good nice aspirant, I am a naughty, greedy, obsessive one. Must let go.
01-09-2013, 06:20 PM
(01-09-2013 01:12 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Most of the stuff that worked with me was not even a nervous system, there are conduits that only loosely follow some of the nerves or spine. There is another network in the body and it's not nerves nor blood vessels. My respect to scientists will proportionally increase as they discover it.

Since there is absolutely no evidence of that, I doubt anything will ever be found.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-09-2013, 12:30 AM
(01-09-2013 06:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2013 01:12 PM)Luminon Wrote:  Most of the stuff that worked with me was not even a nervous system, there are conduits that only loosely follow some of the nerves or spine. There is another network in the body and it's not nerves nor blood vessels. My respect to scientists will proportionally increase as they discover it.

Since there is absolutely no evidence of that, I doubt anything will ever be found.

Oh dear, Lumi will never respect scientists then Tongue

Lumi, go look at a dead human sometime. I had the opportunity a few months ago at an exhibition called BodyWorlds. Humans are packed full of amazing. So much amazing that you almost wonder how the hell it all fits in there. No need to have extra invisible boring stuff tacked on.
02-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Didn't die.
[Image: borat1.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post