Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-09-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(05-09-2013 03:04 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Well, I didn't do my essays last night, but I did do them at school today. I had to write a compare/contrast essay, and the topics I chose were Skyrim and Oblivion. So I basically wrote about what I do on a daily basis, finished my essay in little than thirty minutes, and my teacher loved it.

And that, my little shits, is why today was a good day. Smile

Can't complain about a day where your homework on Elder Scrolls is loved by your teacher. I wish my teachers had made homework as easy as that when I was at school.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2013, 05:27 AM
The majority of the day was filled with Skype calls, with what felt like 4 hours of heavy philosobull, topped off by listening to Steven trying to wrap his head around several conflicting beliefs that he was trying to sustain all at the same time.
For me, hilarity ensued.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-09-2013, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 03:52 PM by Luminon.)
Today I passed the oral exam for my Bachelor degree. It was tough. Turns out my preparation materials were crap. A bad digest, didn't have lists of all the types of legal competence and public fees. Only municipal fees, not administrative, nor court fees. They asked me things I have never ever heard about.
Figuring this shit out on the go really sucks, and I was staring in face of a regional court judge and a former minister of fucking interior (now I looked him up again), and if you don't know what's a minister of interior, it mean's he's a goddamn master chief of public administration and delegated executive power, which happens to be my area of study.

But I'm not stupid, I remembered everything from the materials I had put together, I figured out something on the go and didn't deny too many constitution-guaranteed human rights by mistake. They gave me a C from the law (D is a bust) and B from public administration and another B from the taxes (was supposed to be an economy subject, but I got a... public economy question). Whew. Fortunately all three were pretty cool people, we even had a laugh together half the time.

My chance of adding a Bc. to my name dramatically increased. Now I just have to defend my thesis. I will have to explain why this thesis is so fucking verbose and philosophical, when I (I suppose I) should have been a good little clerk writing about an obscure aspect of administrative process sanctions during the pre-war era.
But the verdicts aren't bad so far, A and B from the leader and opponent, respectively, despite of all the crap I got from the opponent.

The good message is, I was a good little atheist writing about how public administration gets perverted in Texas by the Religious right. I mean, that's the topic I know. A topic that maybe 1-2 other people know in my country. So I guess they'll keep my thesis in the university curio museum, right next to a rare specimen of a politician's conscience brain cortex in alcohol (saturated pre-mortem).

You wonder, what does a dreamy, impractical philosophic guy like me studying a goddamn state law? Well, one lie I kept telling myself for 4 years, I wanted to be practical and understand The System. I was also in dire straits once and there was the only school still open (not this one). Studying is like heroin, once you start, you can't just stop, or all these years will be wasted. And I really like the soft, tasty subjects around the hard core of law, like sociology.

I just need the degree to go studying sociology. I think of the Bc. as a metaphorical social loincloth to cover me being an asshole disinterested in non-academic small talk. In about two years, I might get a Master's degree - as proverbial pants for being a smarty-pants. The goal is of course to get a Doctor's degree, put a white coat on top, or something. I feel kinda naked without it. We'll see about the Docent and Professor, I don't want to show off, really. The degrees are just a polite way to tell the normal population you're the guy really into his shit. Blind people have a white cane, socially blind people need academic degrees. So from now on I'll leave the state law behind and keep writing for at least as long as they keep giving me degrees for it Big Grin

So yeah, today was a good day, best in 4 years, I suppose.

[+] 3 users Like Luminon's post
14-09-2013, 08:27 PM
I actually went to a social gathering with actual teenage people today. Blush It was my old friend's birthday/pool party. I cut my toe open within 30 minutes of being there, but I ended up having a really great time.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
14-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Re: Why was today a good day thread
Went to ren faire with Near where i got a pet dragon. Then went to a book store where Near found a Mormon book called "the church and the negro" then watched some master chef! OH! And I bought the most BAD ASS Garden Gnome!

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
14-09-2013, 08:45 PM
(14-09-2013 08:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Went to ren faire with Near where i got a pet dragon. Then went to a book store where Near found a Mormon book called "the church and the negros" then watched some master chef!

It would be a good day if you and Jordan ever got on Skype again. Sad

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
14-09-2013, 08:51 PM
(14-09-2013 08:44 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Went to ren faire with Near where i got a pet dragon. Then went to a book store where Near found a Mormon book called "the church and the negro" then watched some master chef! OH! And I bought the most BAD ASS Garden Gnome!

[Image: IMAG1714.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1717.jpg]

[Image: IMAG1719.jpg]

This next one I brought home with me Tongue

[Image: IMAG1718.jpg]

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
18-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Today while I was sitting at work during a quiet spell I got to thinking and realised my life is pretty fantastic. I feel pretty great! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
18-09-2013, 04:48 PM
(18-09-2013 04:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Today while I was sitting at work during a quiet spell I got to thinking and realised my life is pretty fantastic. I feel pretty great! Big Grin

But your stars have yet to be replaced with Hobbit feet!!!
What's wrong with the world? Tongue

18-09-2013, 04:51 PM
(18-09-2013 04:48 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-09-2013 04:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Today while I was sitting at work during a quiet spell I got to thinking and realised my life is pretty fantastic. I feel pretty great! Big Grin

But your stars have yet to be replaced with Hobbit feet!!!
What's wrong with the world? Tongue

THE WORDS OF A VERY WISE PERSON!

Someone should fix this immediately!

I've tried. It will never happen *sigh*

[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Small Things That Make You Smile Thread Hughsie 1,773 48,233 Today 05:27 AM
Last Post: Anjele
  Funny/Random Picture and Video Thread! Im_Ryan 335 6,355 Yesterday 09:35 PM
Last Post: JDog554
  The Quotes Taken Out of Context Thread Tartarus Sauce 676 13,463 19-07-2014 05:53 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  A good christian mother..... Hobbitgirl 35 349 05-07-2014 09:20 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Another cat thread for Tartarus Ferdinand 124 3,097 30-06-2014 09:27 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  The moderator power abuse thread DeepThought 83 1,780 23-06-2014 09:38 AM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  Official Cannabis Thread Stark Raving 942 34,163 20-06-2014 12:17 PM
Last Post: Filox