Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-09-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Not dead yet.

"The reality of external objects does not admit of strict proof. On the contrary, however, the reality of the object of our internal sense (of myself and state) is clear immediately through consciousness." - Kant
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2013, 04:12 PM
(27-09-2013 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not dead yet.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
27-09-2013, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 04:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-09-2013 04:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(27-09-2013 04:05 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Not dead yet.

Hug

[Image: bearhugs.jpg]

Thanks Ferdie.

"The reality of external objects does not admit of strict proof. On the contrary, however, the reality of the object of our internal sense (of myself and state) is clear immediately through consciousness." - Kant
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-09-2013, 07:55 PM
As my laptop is broken (again), and thus I was unable to say why it was a good day on Friday I will say while Friday was a good day:

Friday was the last day of my school term, which automatically means it's a good day; in addition to that: somebody decided to bring a chocolate cheese cake to my Biology class, we all had a piece and there was about a 5th left over; my friend (and quite possibly the most intelligent student in the class) challenged himself to finish the rest, much to the apparent dismay of the students nearby, upon feeling full he put himself through a chicken dance under the duel justification that: A) Burn off the cake he just ate so that he may finish the rest and not 'be defeated by an inanimate object' and B) 'It's not a party until somebody is horribly and irreparably embarrassed'. Desipte chicken dancing and skipping around the class for what was probably a solid 2 minutes 30 seconds, he eventually gave up on the dance and later the cake with very little of the cake left.
The class was also given a small Milky Way bar by the teacher (before being given the Biology exams from 2008 though 10 to do over the holidays).
I was also given an extension on some vital work for my scientific studies class.
plus school ended an hour early.

Thus is why Friday was a good day.

Today, I have access to a laptop and the internet, which is why today is a good day thus far.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-09-2013, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 08:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Had a very scary moment this am when one of our famous elderly profs was looking "rather grey" as I walked/ran past him in the hall this morning, as class was starting, and I thought "ooooh he looks sick", and a few minutes later there was a commotion in the hall, and he was on the floor, and no one was doing anything. (Funny how that works...stuff you hear about in class and books all of a sudden....bam....there it is....really happening ...right in front of you...and you are thinking...."Oh, it really DOES happen, just like they said it would". So I said "you call 911, you call his wife, you call the dean, and I need help with CPR", (which fortunately is now just a reflex from my hospital days .. when pops MADE me work during the Summer). He was quite frightened, and I asked the paramedics if I could ride along, and they agreed. So I held his hand, and he went on to angioplasty, and is ok. I never will get why everyone doesn't take a CPR class. But it was a very good day. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
27-09-2013, 10:39 PM
Went to a friends wedding, met photobomb girl Kelsey Whyte... Contrary to what the horrific photos she bombs would suggest, shes actually really attractive.
27-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Made a trip to Austin today. Walked around the city and took some pictures. Went to a Blue October concert (love them) at Stubbs...while there had great brisket! Need to come here more often.

Saw a cat in the window of a semi at a rest stop, that made me laugh. I have seen dogs in big rigs before but not cats. Saw a little car dealership named "Cut The Crap" car sales, that brought a chuckle. Puzzled over random picnic areas along the way that didn't even have restrooms. A cemetary just out there next to the interstate, no headstones just markers and fake flowers...to which I said when I die, bury me next to the interstate. Also an RV park that was near nothing...no park, no lake, not a damn mountain, and few trees...how bad is home if that's your destination? On the way back home tomorrow I have to stop at Horned Toad Harley Davidson shop.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure I broke a bone in my right foot, again...this will make about three times it's happened. Good thing I already had a doctor appointment set up for Monday morning first thing.

Didn't save any lives though...good job Bucky!

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
27-09-2013, 10:55 PM
(27-09-2013 10:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Made a trip to Austin today. Walked around the city and took some pictures. Went to a Blue October concert (love them) at Stubbs...while there had great brisket! Need to come here more often.

Saw a cat in the window of a semi at a rest stop, that made me laugh. I have seen dogs in big rigs before but not cats. Saw a little car dealership named "Cut The Crap" car sales, that brought a chuckle. Puzzled over random picnic areas along the way that didn't even have restrooms. A cemetary just out there next to the interstate, no headstones just markers and fake flowers...to which I said when I die, bury me next to the interstate. Also an RV park that was near nothing...no park, no lake, not a damn mountain, and few trees...how bad is home if that's your destination? On the way back home tomorrow I have to stop at Horned Toad Harley Davidson shop.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure I broke a bone in my right foot, again...this will make about three times it's happened. Good thing I already had a doctor appointment set up for Monday morning first thing.

Didn't save any lives though...good job Bucky!

That's so bad, ...feet bones ..., they're such a pain. Hope it's not a heel bone. My dad fractured his calcaneous bone, and he was seriously miserable. He has to stand all day to operate, and he almost didn't work for a while. He toughed it out, but foot fractures (they say) are among the MOST painful things. Drugs. Take drugs. Tongue

Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
27-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Less cancer is a very good day. Most other news pales in comparison.

Stark's head is a lot less lumpy. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
28-09-2013, 12:09 PM
(27-09-2013 11:28 PM)kim Wrote:  Less cancer is a very good day. Most other news pales in comparison.

Stark's head is a lot less lumpy. Shy

All other posts pale in comparison...
as for "Stark's head is a lot less lumpy", I wouldn't go that far. Tongue