Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
21-03-2014, 11:20 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Work didn't totally suck. The weather has been gorgeous the last couple days, and I think I am winning against this damn sinus infection.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Beautiful weather. I'm sick today, and ended up falling asleep on a bale of hay. The horses seemed puzzled.
[+] 2 users Like Charis's post
22-03-2014, 12:04 AM
I had a overpiled plate of work today at school.
And then another one for saturnday and Sunday. On moonday and thorsday I will be able to get out of school. (Legally.)
If you noticed I'm spelling days wrong, It's because I am using the original english translation of the latin names for the seven days.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 3 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
24-03-2014, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2014 08:08 AM by Free Thought.)
Why today was a good day:

Today has been mostly tests, both performing and receiving marked.

On my Modern History test I got a 82 1/5 out of 84 marks; I would have had a perfect score if I hadn't misread two questions.
Though one of the questions (for which I got the half-mark on), only one person between the two M. History classed got it right, so I take some solace in that knowledge knowing I'm not a complete idiot.

And the class got a nice laugh too. Apparently somebody went full retard while doing the test:

43. The Ural Mountains divide the country into European and Asiatic Russia. To the east of the Urals was _______ Russia.
The student answered: Western.

In addition to this, I got my biology test back and had a B-. Fuck it! I'll take what I can get! It shows that I am improving on last year already! I will hold my B- with pride, damnit!

Now Scientific Studies:
My friend has been more than a little worried about our SS test, given that she asked me several times over the past week and today how to do certain equations (when you come to me for help with maths, you know you've got major problems). Now, I was strolling around during lunch as I generally do and happened upon my teacher on lunch duty. We frequently get into discussions about class at that spot and my teacher and I get along quite well. Today we have the following exchange:
(Note: the test had been slated for today for about two weeks)
"Matthew!"
"huh?!"
"You said you had all the practical write-ups done?"
"Yeah...?"
"Today I was planning on getting the class to do the practical write-up for the experiment about the rate of gas and how much it energy 1 litre gave water. You ought to had a good head-start on that."
"... I thought today was the day for the test."
"... I had completely forgotten about that! I haven't even written one up yet. Don't worry, I'll keep your secret, after all, I did forget all about it!"
(cue me walking up to my friend, who was sitting on a bench on the other side of the courtyard)
"Hey, turns out [Teacher] had completely forgotten about the test!"
"Seriously?!" She practically 'squee's' out of excitement and happiness.
"Yeah, he hadn't even written it up apparently." After a few seconds of joyful bouncing and childish happy-noises my wording hits her like a tone of bricks.
"Wait, you didn't tell him."
"How else would I know all of this!" I couldn't help myself laughing.
"You did tell him!!!" She promptly starts making crying noises and buries herself in her boyfriend's side. "He told him! He told him!"
Her boyfriend chips in: "Careful; she'll hit you."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-03-2014, 08:15 AM
I came in to work at midnight, and I'm still here--overtime! Yeah, more money for me.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
24-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Because of this picture:
[Image: 58b33c7d56dbbfbb3baa43c390651046.png]

Seems like a fitting enough reason to win a ticket to a Limp Bizkit concert though.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
27-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Today I got to see one of my old best friends for the first time in over a year. He moved to Atlanta to attend a music college, and since he's become a great musician.
01-04-2014, 02:46 PM
I open up my e-mail and I get this message:

Dear student-

We have awarded you the X scholarship for $2500 for next year. Please log onto your student acct and accept it.

Well, ok. It's better than nothing I suppose. I log on and BOOM! All my awards and scholarships are there. And there are a BUNCH they didn't tell me about. Which is great because I had been worried about it. For those who don't know, it takes A LOT of money to go to college. A LOT. They ask people, with no or with very bad jobs, to shell out 20-35k EACH YEAR. And I just lost my job, I quit after it became too much. I don't mean "my manager didn't understand me" I mean that we opened and found the restroom covered in blood with a 9mm in the garbage. That kind of too much. Like needles in the parking lot and my relief not showing up until four hours after she was supposed to. That kind of too much. So I was really worried about funding.

Now I can relax. Because EVERYTHING is paid for! They're even giving me a small amount for living expenses, like rent and food! I like food. I don't like ramen. I also MIGHT be getting a new job! At the university! The professor needed assistants and I'm of the correct major and I have work-study. He's asked me to come in for an interview so YAY!
[+] 4 users Like natachan's post
08-04-2014, 03:18 PM
1.) Though it may not be for good reason, my recently military discharged friend has come home. Times are rough with everything that has happened, but I'll be happy to see them again.

2.) Hugged a cute nerdy boy at school today.
08-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Seeing ferdy = good day?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.