Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2014, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2014 04:50 AM by Free Thought.)
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Why today was a good day:

Over this weekend I am attending Avcon, the Anime and Video games Convention here in Adelaide. Reason enough for today to have been a good day right?

Well today was pretty fuckin' good; saw some decent and amusing cosplay, including 4 Deadpools, one of which was wearing a suit and was busying himself with being the most sophisticated Deadpool around, a metric ton of Kirito's , a Slenderman who walked around behind people with the iconic 'slenderman noise' playing progressively louder as he approached and an approximately 2.5 meter tall Jack Skellington (that's about 8 foot for you who refuse to join the rest of the world), among many, many other sights.

I'm attending to help my sister run her stall; she does art and wanted to give it a shot; got a decent profit today. Her first gain of the day came as an odd surprise. Just after the regular people were allowed in, a kindly looking Asian gentleman in a fancy suit and surgical gloves approached our table, looked sheepishly at us, dropped a five cent coin on the table and said 'oops' and walked off, leaving us questing what just happened.

Of course, the best part of the day was a couple hours in where I left the stall to watch a screening; the first two episodes of Attack on Titan were being shown in the a theatre at the venue. T'was the first public screening of the English dub down here if I understand right. The showing was great and so was the crowd who were clearly loving every second.

The second highlight came at the end of the day when I had an experience. an experience with the most holy of beings; who cannot be denied:
Doge.
[Image: biTQltM.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Today was a good day because I got to take pictures with the butts of boys in skinny jeans.

[Image: image-1.jpg]
24-07-2014, 02:25 PM
I took my college placement exam today. I scored the highest possible scores on reading and writing, so I don't even have to take reading and I'm in college English. But I scored five points below college level math and man did that make me butthurt.
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
24-07-2014, 02:37 PM
(24-07-2014 02:25 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I took my college placement exam today. I scored the highest possible scores on reading and writing, so I don't even have to take reading and I'm in college English. But I scored five points below college level math and man did that make me butthurt.

Nice going Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-07-2014, 03:07 AM
Not today, but yesterday when I was at work I saw this...

[Image: 10502236_10152277558447939_805660168244554879_n.jpg]

... I simply marveled at how mad, beautiful and fragile it was all at the same time.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 8 users Like bemore's post
26-07-2014, 11:32 PM
(26-07-2014 03:07 AM)bemore Wrote:  Not today, but yesterday when I was at work I saw this...

... I simply marveled at how mad, beautiful and fragile it was all at the same time.

Is it growing up through a crack in the concrete?

I'm sure there's a poem to go with that image.
Maybe I can come up with something cheesy. Consider

There once was a little red flower
It grew tall and straight, to the sky it would tower
It grew through a crack in the street concrete.
Perilously every day it avoided the pedestrians giant feet.
Until one day came along the street sweeper to scour,
That little red flower.

Started off nice but sorta turned dark towards the end there I suspect.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
26-07-2014, 11:41 PM
(26-07-2014 11:32 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-07-2014 03:07 AM)bemore Wrote:  Not today, but yesterday when I was at work I saw this...

Is it growing up through a crack in the concrete?

I'm sure there's a poem to go with that image.
Maybe I can come up with something cheesy. Consider

There once was a little red flower
It grew tall and straight, to the sky it would tower
It grew through a crack in the street concrete.
Perilously every day it avoided the pedestrians giant feet.
Until one day came along the street sweeper to scour,
That little red flower.

Started off nice but sorta turned dark towards the end there I suspect.

That was beautiful muffs, just beautiful Sadcryface

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
27-07-2014, 01:34 AM
Today was a good day because I think I'm in love and that's a great feeling to have. Smile

This is probably one of the gayest posts I'll ever post.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
27-07-2014, 02:13 AM
(27-07-2014 01:34 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Today was a good day because I think I'm in love and that's a great feeling to have. Smile

This is probably one of the gayest posts I'll ever post.

Hormones'll do that. Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-07-2014, 03:46 AM
Hormones?
Are you pregnant Ferdy?