Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
18-10-2014, 08:29 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Watched Doctor Who and Skins with Ferdy yesterday. Planning on going to a party for a friend today.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2014, 09:34 PM
I finally got my queen sized bed! I am in love. Big Grin

Also, cleaning my room until it sparkled. Very content with how clean and comfortable my environment is now.
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
19-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Got out to the pumpkin patch today with the kids. Hayrack ride, all sorts of bouncy play things, potato cannon, huge dirt piles with slides and tunnels, corn mazes, old combines to climb around on, and of course hunting for that perfect pumpkin....

The boys got dirty as shit, ate shit in the dirt a few times, all in all a good day.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
19-10-2014, 10:30 PM
My wife slept most of the trip while I drove home. Only three 'pee stops' in about 8.5 hours of driving. When we got home she had so much energy from sleeping she did most of the house work too.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
24-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I got to stay home from school and avoid the pep rally

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-10-2014, 02:31 PM
(24-10-2014 11:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I got to stay home from school and avoid the pep rally

My question is, when did you travel back to the 60's?

'Cause a 'Pep' anything sounds like it belongs back in the 60's. Maybe 50's.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-10-2014, 11:32 PM
(19-10-2014 10:30 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  My wife slept most of the trip while I drove home. Only three 'pee stops' in about 8.5 hours of driving. When we got home she had so much energy from sleeping she did most of the house work too.

She's a keeper.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
24-10-2014, 11:34 PM
(24-10-2014 02:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I got to stay home from school and avoid the pep rally

My question is, when did you travel back to the 60's?

'Cause a 'Pep' anything sounds like it belongs back in the 60's. Maybe 50's.

You forget, it's America, it's basically Nazi Germany minus the holocaust.
You gotta have that patriotic school fever! Otherwise you're a dirty liberal commy!
26-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Today was indeed a good day, and here's why:

First; I brought a monitor for $10; it's a flimsy thing, nothing colossal or special, but it's a start, eh?

This be the model:
[Image: DSC00682.jpg]

Though mine has a little Acer stand-thing too.

What made the day better still is that I helped return a dog to their owner: as a big storm was rolling in, I spotted the dog approaching the front yard and my sister and I decided to take the poor thing in and give it shelter, after we carried it around looking for its owner.

Eventually, via Facebook groups, the owners were found; they were at a wedding and didn't know the dog was missing. When the couple passed the threshold of the house, the dog almost went mad with delight.
I wasn't all that involved with the animal, but I did some good today, and having lost my own dog on a few occasions, I know well the fear and anxiety I contributed to sparing them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
26-10-2014, 07:16 AM
(26-10-2014 06:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today was indeed a good day, and here's why:

First; I brought a monitor for $10; it's a flimsy thing, nothing colossal or special, but it's a start, eh?

This be the model:
[Image: DSC00682.jpg]

Though mine has a little Acer stand-thing too.

What made the day better still is that I helped return a dog to their owner: as a big storm was rolling in, I spotted the dog approaching the front yard and my sister and I decided to take the poor thing in and give it shelter, after we carried it around looking for its owner.

Eventually, via Facebook groups, the owners were found; they were at a wedding and didn't know the dog was missing. When the couple passed the threshold of the house, the dog almost went mad with delight.
I wasn't all that involved with the animal, but I did some good today, and having lost my own dog on a few occasions, I know well the fear and anxiety I contributed to sparing them.

That nice and all but does it make games look good?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube