Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
26-10-2014, 07:23 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(26-10-2014 07:16 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 06:51 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Today was indeed a good day, and here's why:

First; I brought a monitor for $10; it's a flimsy thing, nothing colossal or special, but it's a start, eh?

This be the model:
[Image: DSC00682.jpg]

Though mine has a little Acer stand-thing too.

What made the day better still is that I helped return a dog to their owner: as a big storm was rolling in, I spotted the dog approaching the front yard and my sister and I decided to take the poor thing in and give it shelter, after we carried it around looking for its owner.

Eventually, via Facebook groups, the owners were found; they were at a wedding and didn't know the dog was missing. When the couple passed the threshold of the house, the dog almost went mad with delight.
I wasn't all that involved with the animal, but I did some good today, and having lost my own dog on a few occasions, I know well the fear and anxiety I contributed to sparing them.

That nice and all but does it make games look good?

Considering that the monitor doesn't control the graphical capacities of my gloried calculator....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-10-2014, 03:58 PM
Found and photographed* a new fish species for me, Malacoctenus erdmani Imitator blenny.

[Image: Fish1205.jpg]

*Not my photo

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Went for a long walk in the woods with the pup. All but the very last of the leaves have fallen, and it was windy, yet surprisingly warm. Overcast, which I like best in the fall. It was almost spooky.

I love fall.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-10-2014, 04:19 PM
(26-10-2014 04:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Went for a long walk in the woods with the pup. All but the very last of the leaves have fallen, and it was windy, yet surprisingly warm. Overcast, which I like best in the fall. It was almost spooky.

I love fall.

I can't wait till the snow

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
26-10-2014, 05:25 PM
(26-10-2014 04:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:17 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Went for a long walk in the woods with the pup. All but the very last of the leaves have fallen, and it was windy, yet surprisingly warm. Overcast, which I like best in the fall. It was almost spooky.

I love fall.

Shut your filthy mouth!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
26-10-2014, 05:34 PM
(26-10-2014 04:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  

I love fall.

I would only agree if I was spending the winter in this room.

[Image: a9M17G6_460sa_v1.gif]

Otherwise, let it snow once, and be done Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
26-10-2014, 06:13 PM
(26-10-2014 05:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(26-10-2014 04:19 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I can't wait till the snow

Shut your filthy mouth!

Never

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
27-10-2014, 10:18 PM
I found a compute store within a (relatively short) bus trip from my house!
Walls lined with keyboards and graphics cards.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Today is a good day because i'm in love.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
28-10-2014, 04:03 AM
OK I'm writing this up the next day but yesterday was either going to be awesome or terrible. A large tree was growing near the house and the Ivy had made it rot in the middle. Rather than get a tree surgeon round which would have cost a lot of money, a couple of local men who work in forestry came round, one with a tractor and the other with a chainsaw. They took it down and cut it into metre long chunks for us in a matter of minutes. So lots of firewood (we have a wood burning stove but we need to install it first). I was having a job interview over skype at the time and I heard the loud crack and the final thump which reverberated the whole hill side. I was quite happy that it didn't land on the house!
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post