Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-10-2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(27-10-2014 10:31 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Today is a good day because i'm in love.

Whats her name?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2014, 03:49 PM
(28-10-2014 03:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 10:31 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Today is a good day because i'm in love.

Whats her name?

Tina

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
28-10-2014, 03:58 PM
(28-10-2014 03:49 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 03:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Whats her name?

Tina

As in Concert?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
28-10-2014, 04:09 PM
(28-10-2014 03:49 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 03:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Whats her name?

Tina

Like in bob's burgers tina?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-10-2014, 04:28 PM
(28-10-2014 04:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 03:49 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Tina

Like in bob's burgers tina?

Less whining.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
28-10-2014, 05:02 PM
(24-10-2014 11:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I got to stay home from school and avoid the pep rally

I didn't actually know what a pep rally was when I read this. So I googled it and checked out some videos on youtube.

I can certainly see why you would want to avoid going to one of them.

I always wondered why I was supposed to be cheering on some random segment of the school at sports day and consequently why I was meant to wish the rest of the school not to do so well in their sporting endeavours.

How is it educational? It isn't. What's the point of it? To encourage tribalism and to condition the next generation to care about an arbitrary group of people that they have been assigned to so that they can be more easily controlled. And when they enter the work place it means that people have been conditioned to be more easily manipulated by companies, governments and the mass media to be more productive, to accept certain things as true or to go off and die for your cause.

It's exactly the same pack instinct exploited by organised religion. Tell your flock to care about something completely arbitrary that separates them from other humans, get them to emotionally investment in it and they are less likely to question your motives.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
28-10-2014, 06:55 PM
(28-10-2014 05:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(24-10-2014 11:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I got to stay home from school and avoid the pep rally

I didn't actually know what a pep rally was when I read this. So I googled it and checked out some videos on youtube.

I always wondered why I was supposed to be cheering on some random segment of the school at sports day and consequently why I was meant to wish the rest of the school not to do so well in their sporting endeavours.

How is it educational? It isn't. What's the point of it? To encourage tribalism and to condition the next generation to care about an arbitrary group of people that they have been assigned to so that they can be more easily controlled. And when they enter the work place it means that people have been conditioned to be more easily manipulated by companies, governments and the mass media to be more productive, to accept certain things as true or to go off and die for your cause.

It's exactly the same pack instinct exploited by organised religion. Tell your flock to care about something completely arbitrary that separates them from other humans, get them to emotionally investment in it and they are less likely to question your motives.

Our schools is different, we don't attack another school, but the other grades.

28-10-2014, 06:56 PM
(28-10-2014 04:28 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 04:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Like in bob's burgers tina?

Less whining.

Then you date her and she whines.

28-10-2014, 07:06 PM
(28-10-2014 04:28 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 04:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Like in bob's burgers tina?

Less whining.

But you did not deny them both being fictional. Very telling.
Drinking Beverage

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-10-2014, 08:24 PM
(28-10-2014 05:02 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  

Well.....um. I suppose that's one way of looking at it. But where I came from I guarantee that almost nobody there gave a shit about the sports. Pep rallies were nothing more than a chance to get out of class and goof around and let off some steam with your friends and enjoy some comraderie. That's really the long and short of it.

Not everything that is educational has to be academic. Let's be honest, most of what you learn about life in school has nothing to do with the classroom, but is just as important.

Not that I think pep rallies were important per se, but let's not go overboard in condemning something that's really pretty benign. I get that not everybody enjoys them, but damn.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post