Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
29-10-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(28-10-2014 10:04 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 07:06 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  But you did not deny them both being fictional. Very telling.
Drinking Beverage

Lmao
Posted a pic of us in our picture thread.... Didnt i?
Lol
You guys are bad

I didn't see any images.

Don't you go trying your witchery on me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-10-2014, 04:10 PM
(29-10-2014 04:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-10-2014 10:04 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Lmao
Posted a pic of us in our picture thread.... Didnt i?
Lol
You guys are bad

I didn't see any images.

She has posted one, you need to look where she put it.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
29-10-2014, 04:12 PM
(29-10-2014 04:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 04:10 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I didn't see any images.

She has posted one, you need to look where she put it.

Problem here is that doesn't take into account of my being lazy.

Ain't my burden.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-10-2014, 04:14 PM
(29-10-2014 04:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 04:10 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  She has posted one, you need to look where she put it.

Problem here is that doesn't take into account of my being lazy.

Ain't my burden.

SHEESH! Rolleyes
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid674477

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
29-10-2014, 04:17 PM
(29-10-2014 04:14 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 04:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Problem here is that doesn't take into account of my being lazy.

Ain't my burden.

SHEESH! Rolleyes

Now what would their baby look like.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-10-2014, 04:25 PM
(29-10-2014 04:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Used to watch my father do that when I was very young.

But he didn't use a sledgehammer; he used a 'wood splitter', basically an axe with a thicker and heavier head designed to do as it said on the tin.

I'm going to buy one tomorrow. I've been reading up about them. I bought a felling axe last year before I knew any different. I was using the sledge hammer to drive in wedges.

I am also going to buy another sledge hammer, but one with a wedge on one end as opposed to two flat ends. We've got metre long lengths of really wide tree trunks that we can eventually split into quarters after about an hour's work but the fibres inside keep them joined all together and they're too heavy to lift.
29-10-2014, 04:31 PM
(29-10-2014 04:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 12:37 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Today I discovered the correct technique for using a sledge hammer to split logs of wood. Very satisfying seeing the beginnings of your first ever wood pile!

Unfortunately the head is soon going to wobble off the handle and I need to get more wedges.

Used to watch my father do that when I was very young.

But he didn't use a sledgehammer; he used a 'wood splitter', basically an axe with a thicker and heavier head designed to do as it said on the tin.

It's called a maul.

[Image: splitting%20maul.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-10-2014, 04:31 PM
(29-10-2014 04:25 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 04:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Used to watch my father do that when I was very young.

I'm going to buy one tomorrow. I've been reading up about them. I bought a felling axe last year before I knew any different. I was using the sledge hammer to drive in wedges.

I am also going to buy another sledge hammer, but one with a wedge on one end as opposed to two flat ends. We've got metre long lengths of really wide tree trunks that we can eventually split into quarters after about an hour's work but the fibres inside keep them joined all together and they're too heavy to lift.

That's a lotta wood.

Personally, I'd recommend fire, but that is my default solution.
Where'd you even get all this wood?

29-10-2014, 04:39 PM
(29-10-2014 04:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That's a lotta wood.

Personally, I'd recommend fire, but that is my default solution.
Where'd you even get all this wood?

From the garden. Ivy was taking over one of the tallest trees and causing it to rot inside. It would have fallen on top of the house and caved the roof in. It was about 20 metres tall. The entire garden is on a slope on the side of a hill and the forest keep encroaching into it.

My parents own the house. They bought it to retire here but ill health meant they had to stay in England. So we've moved in and are looking after it. The garden is completely overgrown. We did start making bonfires until we learnt that they aren't allowed because one of the attractions of the area is the clean air. So I've basically covered the entire garden in a foot deep of pine branches to stop all the light getting to the grass to kill it off. We'll eventually grow fruit and veg once we figure out how to stop the deer coming in and eating everything.

We bought a wood burning stove but haven't fitted it yet. But it's a work oven with a small door so we need to split these logs into quite small chunks.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
29-10-2014, 04:40 PM
(29-10-2014 04:17 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-10-2014 04:14 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  SHEESH! Rolleyes

Now what would their baby look like.

Adopted.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post