Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-06-2016, 01:44 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
(30-06-2016 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's a fucking miracle.

We actually settled on a 4th of July menu.

We're going with hotdogs and hamburgers, and potato salad.

I may cry.

I thought that WAS the official 4th of July menu...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-06-2016, 01:53 PM
(30-06-2016 01:44 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's a fucking miracle.

We actually settled on a 4th of July menu.

We're going with hotdogs and hamburgers, and potato salad.

I may cry.

I thought that WAS the official 4th of July menu...

Not when you're married to a foodie and would-be chef.

Last year he did pulled pork that took damn near 18 hours to smoke. I didn't even get a chance to eat before I was ushered into the basement with dog -- without my margarita. Dodgy

Don't misunderstand, he's a wonderful cook, and can make just about anything including cannoli. Drooling

But sometimes, I just want go simple. Simple to him equals boring.

I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
Look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
Looking into their eyes I see them running too -- Running on Empty; Jackson Browne

09-07-2016, 08:22 PM
I couldn't decide if this belonged in small things that make you smile or here. Really it's been a good past few weeks. I'm head over heels for a dentist that is just...wow...

So. My ex is supposed to be getting married August 27th.

Apparently we're still married. I hired an attorney (it's been fun talking to him - we dated in high school). I refused to sign the most recent settlement agreement they sent my attorney. I just sent one back requesting sole physical custody and claiming him on taxes every year since I'm paying health insurance. I expressed regret to my attorney that we couldn't put in there "And the husband shall agree to go fuck himself." I haven't heard from them yet. My attorney is fielding all the emails - I've been sleeping a hell of a lot better because of it. They mentioned how they hoped it wasn't necessary to take me to court because I'm not doing this in a timely manner - the fuck? Three business days after sending something to my attorney is not a big fucking deal. Might be a big deal if you're worried about polygamy... They're bluffing. I'm not.

So. He has a choice here. Give me what I want and get married to his whore OR take me to court to fight it out while being unable to get married and have to tell his fiancé that he's still hitched to me. They have bridesmaids and groomsmen and the whole nine yards. So he'd have to tell them, too. Laugh out load Almost makes going to court and paying the attorney fees worth it just for that. The bastard tried to get me to sign paperwork agreeing to pay child support, giving him sole custody, carrying health insurance, and limited visitation every other weekend despite me being back in Alabama.

Karma's a BITCH. Big Grin

And the guy I recently started dating knows all of this and is ok with it. He appreciates the honesty. I've been upfront with him since I found out.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
09-07-2016, 08:38 PM
(09-07-2016 08:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I couldn't decide if this belonged in small things that make you smile or here. Really it's been a good past few weeks. I'm head over heels for a dentist that is just...wow...

Apparently we're still married. I hired an attorney (it's been fun talking to him - we dated in high school). I refused to sign the most recent settlement agreement they sent my attorney. I just sent one back requesting sole physical custody and claiming him on taxes every year since I'm paying health insurance. I expressed regret to my attorney that we couldn't put in there "And the husband shall agree to go fuck himself." I haven't heard from them yet. My attorney is fielding all the emails - I've been sleeping a hell of a lot better because of it. They mentioned how they hoped it wasn't necessary to take me to court because I'm not doing this in a timely manner - the fuck? Three business days after sending something to my attorney is not a big fucking deal. Might be a big deal if you're worried about polygamy... They're bluffing. I'm not.

So. He has a choice here. Give me what I want and get married to his whore OR take me to court to fight it out while being unable to get married and have to tell his fiancé that he's still hitched to me. They have bridesmaids and groomsmen and the whole nine yards. So he'd have to tell them, too. Laugh out load Almost makes going to court and paying the attorney fees worth it just for that. The bastard tried to get me to sign paperwork agreeing to pay child support, giving him sole custody, carrying health insurance, and limited visitation every other weekend despite me being back in Alabama.

And the guy I recently started dating knows all of this and is ok with it. He appreciates the honesty. I've been upfront with him since I found out.

I am thinking that working out.........every.........tiny...........little.........detail............one...​.......at..............a.........time would be kinda worth it.

Cross every t and dot every i. Very slowly and deliberately...for about eight weeks. Tongue

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
09-07-2016, 08:46 PM
(09-07-2016 08:38 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 08:22 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I couldn't decide if this belonged in small things that make you smile or here. Really it's been a good past few weeks. I'm head over heels for a dentist that is just...wow...

I am thinking that working out.........every.........tiny...........little.........detail............one...​.......at..............a.........time would be kinda worth it.

Cross every t and dot every i. Very slowly and deliberately...for about eight weeks. Tongue

He can't get married in Alabama for 30 days after the divorce to anyone but me. So really the deadline is in just three weeks Laugh out load

Although I don't know for sure they're getting married in this state.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman