I'm sure rounding the bend is a relief.

Congrats

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
18-08-2016, 04:42 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
This actually happened last night. My wife's bible study group had a cookout so she asked if I wanted to go. So we did. And of course they pray. I have told my son in the past that no one should make him do what he doesn't want to do in the god department and if he doesn't want to bow his head, then he shouldn't. So here I was playing with a friend's 8 month old baby from the group while they talked to sky daddy. I am pretty used to being the odd man out so it doesn't really bother me. I looked up and there was my son, standing beside me and I don't mean in an "I'll pray for you" sort of way. He walked away from the group and came over to play with the baby. He walked away from that swill of credulity. It was in solidarity and I could tell by the smile he gave me. My son did one of the most beautiful things: he was not afraid to stand out.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac

Insults provoked by Heywood: 151 banned
[+] 8 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
28-08-2016, 10:31 PM
We watch Sunday Morning, and after that sometimes Tracks Ahead, a PBS program about model railroad layouts and train rides across the nation. We are doing the train thing these days. My wife googles "steam train rides" and the website steamtrainride pops up. It is about an hour from us. Today was the last day for Sunday rides. Just like that we make a plan for our free day.
We get there in time, and I am getting ready to buy tickets and see this small sign "cab rides $40"
I ask how many can ride in the cab, and is it taken yet? The elderly volunteer shows me the calendar and no, nobody has taken the cab 'seats'.
My wife agrees and off we go to ride up front Big Grin
[Image: baldwin15_zps2ay1usnv.jpg]
I say 'seats' because I stood up the whole time. Mary sat with this very young man who was the fireman, controlling the flow of fuel and water, keeping be big gauge in the proper range.
[Image: IMG_20160828_125604-1024x768_zpsu6dla4ld.jpg]
What made it a good day?
She never stopped smiling.
[Image: happyday_zpsnoubevdb.jpg]
[+] 7 users Like skyking's post
29-08-2016, 05:53 PM
We had our college retreat and discussed the budget and everyone still has a job...

Just a sandworm.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
29-08-2016, 10:58 PM
Unexpected drinks with an old friend tonight. I got home from rehearsal and found myself the only car in the driveway, checked my phone for an explanation, and found a text from my husband inviting me out for a glass of wine along with our friend, yay!
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
02-09-2016, 11:23 PM
Just a chill day with my boyfriend. I'm not engaged anymore, not sure if you guys knew that. lol Have been seeing this guy for about 3 months, and it's just been great. Heart

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
So currently I am really sick with a nasty lung infection. And with those meds, I get those stomache pains... In kinda waves if that makes sense.
So at around 3pm I had one of those crampy pain waves from the meds and I asked my boss if it would be ok for me to leave early and just make up for the time later this week.
I had a 1to1 half an hour after I asked that and the pain had gone down a bit by then so I figured, well I can do those remaining 2 hours.
So in the 1to1 my boss asked how I am feeling now and what the problem is with being sick. And I explained how I got really nasty sick and that it is taking some time to get better right now.
And she suddenly offers me that I can work from home.
I have to add here, bosses there don't really like people working from home because a lot of people just don't actually do their job when they "work from home".
So that was a big thing for her to offer that to me.
Now well, I am reliable and do my shit, so that might be why she offered it but still.
I think I will take that offer because it means that I can lay down when those stomach pains come.
So cool.
Yea this story sounds like not worthy of a post in this thread but I really think it is. It did make my day that my boss trusts me like that.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Leela's post
06-09-2016, 07:00 PM
(06-09-2016 04:57 PM)Leela Wrote:  So currently I am really sick with a nasty lung infection. And with those meds, I get those stomache pains... In kinda waves if that makes sense.
So at around 3pm I had one of those crampy pain waves from the meds and I asked my boss if it would be ok for me to leave early and just make up for the time later this week.
I had a 1to1 half an hour after I asked that and the pain had gone down a bit by then so I figured, well I can do those remaining 2 hours.
So in the 1to1 my boss asked how I am feeling now and what the problem is with being sick. And I explained how I got really nasty sick and that it is taking some time to get better right now.
And she suddenly offers me that I can work from home.
I have to add here, bosses there don't really like people working from home because a lot of people just don't actually do their job when they "work from home".
So that was a big thing for her to offer that to me.
Now well, I am reliable and do my shit, so that might be why she offered it but still.
I think I will take that offer because it means that I can lay down when those stomach pains come.
So cool.
Yea this story sounds like not worthy of a post in this thread but I really think it is. It did make my day that my boss trusts me like that.

Good to see that you have impressed the boss. A lot of people I knew at work didn't do their work when the boss could see them. Let's hope that the infection clears up soon. Not praying for you, though. No

Political correctness is a doctrine -- fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media -- which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
06-09-2016, 07:21 PM
First day back at work after surgery was a little tiring. But I am so so glad I had this done. No regrets! Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
06-09-2016, 07:29 PM
Dinner with friends and then watched a lightning storm over the ocean with my best girl.

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."- Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post