Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
28-11-2016, 12:45 AM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Drove my Beetle up to a friend's place about 90 miles away, put it on the lift, changed the clutch out, got it back together and got back home by 8 this evening. Now I can wood it and not spin the clutch.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Went to the dentist for my in-depth cleaning today. They did some kind of laser-thingy that I've never had done before so yeah, that was new. Smile Anyway, had the same hygienist as last time and I really liked her, so hopefully when I get my next cleaning in March, she'll still be there. Big Grin She said my gums have healed up most of the way since the last visit.

Now that that's done, my next visit is December 10th where they'll do the left side of my mouth. The molar that needs a root canal the most will be tended to, as well as a cavity taken care of. Until then I just gotta keep up with the gums and mouthwashes and mints and everything they gave me that's supposed to help keep bacteria down. The final visit will be sometime early next year, I believe. They scheduled it while I was in the office today but I forgot to ask when exactly it is, so I'll ask next time.

Rev will be with me for moral support on the 10th appointment, and the next one after that. Smile

They went ahead and fully charged on the CareCredit card I got so that's done and taken care of. Charging the entire treatment at once means I have longer to pay it off which is great. Still not thrilled that I had to get it financed, but this needs to be done, and soon. The hygienist was asking me if my left problem-molar was hurting me at all and I said no, but she wanted to be sure I was getting it taken care of soon because sooner rather than later, that tooth will undoubtedly give me pain. Told her I'm getting it done on the 10th. Smile So she was happy to hear that.

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
28-11-2016, 08:04 PM
My relief showed up a full hour early this morning, the kids were already at daycare when I got home, the cats were both waiting patiently on the bed for my arrival, and I got like 9 hours of sleep today. I had almost forgot what it's like to be well rested Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
28-11-2016, 10:29 PM
I visited my doctor today, and we were talking about sleep (among other things). Since I retired, I get at least 1 more hour of sleep a day. The change has been quite positive. I am a lot sharper, and don't literally bounce off the walls, any more. Meaning that when I threaded through a small space, I would literally bump into the walls or cupboard doors. That, and I can solve the Sudoku puzzle in the paper now in less than half the time that I used to take. Now, if I could just get my feet fixed...that's next.

I think there may be...a war in heaven
Paradise beneath the smoking gun
As every saint and small town saviour
Race to justify their chosen one
~ Robert Plant, Another Tribe
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post