Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
30-06-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Surprised the heck out of myself by hauling mass quantities of plaster and lath (2 walls' worth) down a flight of stairs and out to a dumpster currently lurking in my back yard, without destroying my back and both my knees.

To put this in context, I've been stalling on a major renovation to my 2nd floor study/office that requires me to completely gut the outside walls to re-insulate and rewire them, and I need to get at least the insulation done before winter decides to show up again. To expedite things I rented the aforementioned dumpster, and have accomplished more in 2 days than in the past year. If all goes well I should have all the walls gutted and ready to insulate before the end of the Canada Day long weekend.

Oh, and I have pizza and beer, too. Drooling

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
06-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Finally got the refund for my cancelled flight to Willemstadt (after a bunch of increasingly frustrating emails). Lost about $20 due to exchange rates, but such is life. Also, this will more than cover the maximum fine for... um, never you mind for what [Image: angel.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Last night at work I finished an hour early because I started an hour early. I left a huge (tidy) mess and just walked away. Because fuck 'em, they do it to me. It was glorious.
Also I gotta say, my fucking merchandising is on fucking point. You should have seen the 4 displays I set up at the front of the store. That shit was lit as fuck. There's a reason why they get me to do the merchandising and not the others.
Fuck I'm awesome.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
06-07-2017, 07:37 PM
I woke up. Not hoping for more than that these days. [Image: rockingchair2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
06-07-2017, 10:25 PM
(06-07-2017 07:37 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I woke up. Not hoping for more than that these days. [Image: rockingchair2.gif]

Ex-Navy guy down the street from me makes signs for a living. I walk the neighborhood for exercise, and a few times when I passed his house, I saw a sign that said, "If you are over 50 and you woke up with no pain, you probably died in your sleep.". I know the feeling (though I'm only 64). I can't walk very far (foot problems are being worked, slowly), and can't do much with my hands, as I have carpal tunnel syndrome in the right, and am recovering from surgery to relieve it in the left. Getting old ain't for sissies, Chief. No
07-07-2017, 01:25 PM
I was at a party and a hot girl walked up to me and started to talk about computer games with me. I think I was in heaven right there and then.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
14-07-2017, 08:43 PM
My husband took my car in for an oil change and got my cheap squeaky windshield wipers replaced at the same time. It rained today and the wipers were whisper-quiet. My old wipers were fingernails-on-a-chalkboard screechy, so this is a welcome change.

Also I averted two band train wrecks tonight; #feeling useful.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-07-2017, 08:47 PM
I tallied my load of deposit containers from yesterday. The total came to just under $45. Not bad for few hours' work. Thumbsup
20-07-2017, 12:19 AM
There is an unseasonal nip in the air, a book I've waited two months for finally arrived and I may have gotten rid of some unpleasant vermin.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
20-07-2017, 03:46 PM
Power was off for several hours today and that led to a productive "mom" got a ton of stuff in the "completed" pile.

Very awesome if you ask me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces