Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
27-06-2015, 01:00 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
Started a little frustrating. I gathered together three boxes of books to take to Halfprice to sell. They offered seven bucks...really? Assholes.

First - I will not shop there any more as what they offer is next to nothing now.

Second - In the future when I do a book purge the books will go to the garage sale to raise money for the exotic cat rescue here in town. I would rather they get something than me get the shaft.

But - then when to cash in a scratch ticket that I thought I had won $50.00 on and it was actually a $100.00 ticket...happy dance. Bought $25.00 worth of tickets and got $30.00 back.

Thumbsup Even with the screwing at HPB - I have nearly $100.00 more than I had yesterday.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-06-2015, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 08:38 PM by Nurse.)
Two bitches down!

Sooo two of the nurses that I hate the most are leaving! The one that gave me grief yesterday - tonight is her last night.

The other one that is hateful is leaving at the end of summer - she's got a busy assignment - sucks for her. I ain't doin shit to help unless somebody starts to crash. Even then - oh, there are three people in the room? You got this - I'm out. Never pays to be a hateful bitch.

I've made progress with nurse anal warts - she and I get along just fine these days. Also made progress with another catty lady. No probs with her.

Just oooone more to go on night shift and I'll be golden. The rest I can handle with the clique dissolved.

Day shift is a different story - fuck day shift. You'd have to pay me shift diff just to deal with those hussies. Like I'd need at least a $6 raise to even consider it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
28-06-2015, 12:38 AM
(27-06-2015 01:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Started a little frustrating. I gathered together three boxes of books to take to Halfprice to sell. They offered seven bucks...really? Assholes.

First - I will not shop there any more as what they offer is next to nothing now.

Second - In the future when I do a book purge the books will go to the garage sale to raise money for the exotic cat rescue here in town. I would rather they get something than me get the shaft.

But - then when to cash in a scratch ticket that I thought I had won $50.00 on and it was actually a $100.00 ticket...happy dance. Bought $25.00 worth of tickets and got $30.00 back.

Thumbsup Even with the screwing at HPB - I have nearly $100.00 more than I had yesterday.

Glad your day came out so well, ma'am.

In Ventura County, the main branch library had a little used-book kiosk whose proceeds went 100% to the local Friends of the Library. Moving back home, I donated seven or eight milk-crates full of books. Talk about a good feeling!

Do they have anything like that where you are?

Illegitimi non carborundum
28-06-2015, 12:48 AM
(28-06-2015 12:38 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-06-2015 01:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Started a little frustrating. I gathered together three boxes of books to take to Halfprice to sell. They offered seven bucks...really? Assholes.

Glad your day came out so well, ma'am.

In Ventura County, the main branch library had a little used-book kiosk whose proceeds went 100% to the local Friends of the Library. Moving back home, I donated seven or eight milk-crates full of books. Talk about a good feeling!

Do they have anything like that where you are?

When we moved to TX, I loaded up the library in our old town. I have also donated to the library here.

But I think I will support http://www.insyncexotics.com/ next time around. I have actually purchased books at their annual garage sale before. In Sync is just a couple miles from my house and they deserve the support.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown