Why was today a good day thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-08-2015, 03:56 PM
RE: Why was today a good day thread
The Euro/$ did what I thought. Yay.

Got 3 databases and our electronic charting system and the Cath Lab log (at work) linked finally, so now all I have to do is push a command button in Excel, and all the month's data flys in and prints out, and instead of looking up all this shit, I just have to spot check it. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Sent by Jebus to put the stud back in Bible Study. "I believe Mr. Peanut is the Messiah" -- onlinebiker
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
29-08-2015, 08:35 PM
I got a brand new car today. Big Grin I had paid off my last car, and had driven it for about a year, and it was not doing so well...I will miss it though. I loved that car. But, this one is so pretty. Ended up leasing, which I think I like better than buying. It was a good day. Heart

Everything, is as it should be. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
30-08-2015, 06:44 AM
I got to share the gospel of Jibbers Crabst with two coworkers this morning. Lecture_preist

Also swapped numbers with one of them. We're gonna either do coffee (he, too, agrees lack of coffee is a sufficient reason for night shift to strike) or go out on his jet ski this week Smile He said, "When we meet for coffee, you should talk nerdy to me" and I replied "I could wear my shirt that says just that." One of the weirdest, funniest, nerdy cool guys I've ever met. Should be fun!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
30-08-2015, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2015 07:48 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Lucky guy!

Edit to Add: I've read several articles that say smart/successful guys are often not attracted to women with brains. This baffles me. To me it is, along with her empathy and curiosity about the world, the primary measure of her worth. I say "lucky guy" because he gets to go out with a very kind-hearted brainiac who has a deep curiosity about the world. If he is not intimidated, but rather stimulated, by your IQ, then he might be a potential keeper. Have fun, Nurse! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-08-2015, 12:36 PM
Audition one of three this week: done! Got bravos on my way out, so I think I did pretty well.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
Yesterday, 12:13 PM
(30-08-2015 07:44 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Lucky guy!

Edit to Add: I've read several articles that say smart/successful guys are often not attracted to women with brains. This baffles me. To me it is, along with her empathy and curiosity about the world, the primary measure of her worth. I say "lucky guy" because he gets to go out with a very kind-hearted brainiac who has a deep curiosity about the world. If he is not intimidated, but rather stimulated, by your IQ, then he might be a potential keeper. Have fun, Nurse! Smile

Heart That's really sweet.

But umm...this guy...is ummm not...he's a friend. Friend zone. Definitely. Friend. Zone. I'm just excited to have a friend. Undecided Blush

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
Today, 10:35 AM (This post was last modified: Today 10:40 AM by Octapulse.)
I went into the forest to find a hiking staff to make and came out with an arm full of edible mushrooms. I must have seen over 300 mushrooms in one hour! Of all the days to forget my basket! Laugh out load

Including these very tasty Amanita jacksonii which I sauteed with butter, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. So yummy!

[Image: 11054820_10207545830543188_2222122183784327115_n.jpg]

And tons of boletes (porcini) as well!

[Image: 11792055_10207545826903097_1340501617281128159_o.jpg]

Saw some new species to identify

[Image: 11224025_10207545837423360_81757971955541530_o.jpg]

And even found a crap ton of medicinal mushrooms to dry out for tea (Trametes versicolor)

[Image: 11953435_10207545839383409_5011163854135545029_o.jpg]

It just goes to show that you always find what you want when you aren't looking for it!

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post
Today, 10:48 AM
Youtube fell into a KMFDM hole. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user