Why was today not a good day?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Why was today not a good day?
[Image: c8a9f-YouDaManJesus.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 06:52 PM
(08-09-2014 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 05:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Well done GirlyMan, well done indeed. Thumbsup

[Image: +yes+I+salute+you+good+sir+_68a3ded17960...a97565.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

08-09-2014, 07:00 PM
(08-09-2014 06:52 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 06:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

[Image: 280sw007883.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
09-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Fridge shit the bed slowly...had to bite the bullet and buy a new one today. Had it all planned out. My father was to meet me at Home Depot at 6 to help me buy the fridge I had already priced online. Walk in, pay them money, load up and swap out. He showed up at 6:30, the fridge I wanted was on back order till the next week, and I cut finger deeply unloading the one I ended up buying instead.

40 minutes prep - removing food, moving furniture, etc
1 hour to get old fridge out (doors off hinges, fridge handle removed, just a pain in the ass)
30 minutes getting planning on getting new fridge in (bigger fridge complicated navigation)
45 minutes trying to get new fridge in back door (Hell!)
45 minutes giving up and trying front door

The fridge is now in my living room. My hallway entrance, too narrow after moving a bookshelf and a fishtank, removing stair railings, sconces, pictures, etc. Tomorrow the fridge doors are coming off. No rush though, most of my food was ruined in the heat. Did I mention I hadn't gotten the opportunity to eat yet? Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-09-2014, 01:35 AM
Today (yesterday, technically) I lost $1,000 a week when a client quit on me. Big-spender. Decided that she was going to take everything she's learned from me and continue working out on her own.

I'm super bummed. Weeping

Oh, and I found out that the farming supply store won't have cattle panels for the rest of the month. I've got a large dog enclosure to build and I'm SOL because they're the only place I can find that sells fencing supplies.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 06:28 PM
(05-09-2014 07:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Had to make the decision to fire someone today. It's the right decision but it still sucks. Monday morning is going to be more awful than usual. No

So the firing didn't happen Monday due to some emergency things that came up. So, we did it yesterday morning. Person we had to let go was inept - that was the biggest reason. The other main reason is that she took even a suggestion to do something a different way as a personal attack and either cried or pouted. Also had a big problem understanding the difference between an entry level position and that of someone who has earned a promotion to a management position or someone hired into a management position.

Anyway - my HR manager did everything she could to give the girl another chance - then we found a folder full of things that can be considered valid complaints against employers - she was looking for a way to build some sort of case against us, she already suspected she would be fired. She researched these online, at work, at printed them out while being paid by the company.

I called in another manager with no connection to this person to be a witness to the termination. That manager and I said nothing, the HR manager spoke - she was respectful and explained that things just weren't working out as expected and since it was still within the 90 day probationary period, we had decided to let her go.

So this employee calls everyone she can think of in the company to complain - how'd that work for her - not too good - she had secretly recorded the termination and was really proud of herself and felt the need to share that info. Seems that's not exactly legal 'round these parts.

Ummm - buh bye . ...

Sometimes I just hate people.

16-09-2014, 05:12 PM
I think I have an idea of what a Branch Chief does now. Useless unproductive meetings all day, every day. Good times. ... I am so fucked. Weeping

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
16-09-2014, 05:47 PM
(16-09-2014 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think I have an idea of what a Branch Chief does now. Useless unproductive meetings all day, every day. Good times. ... I am so fucked. Weeping

I hate meetings...

17-09-2014, 09:24 AM
(16-09-2014 05:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think I have an idea of what a Branch Chief does now. Useless unproductive meetings all day, every day. Good times. ... I am so fucked. Weeping

Use the time constructively - nap. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user