http://asadullahali.wordpress.com/2012/0...an-rights/

Hobo

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-07-2012, 06:14 AM
RE: "Why we must destroy human rights"
(17-07-2012 06:11 AM)Vosur Wrote:  http://asadullahali.wordpress.com/2012/0...an-rights/

Hobo
Well, you can see where that's heading - back to Allah, no doubt.

He's captivated by his own poetry and analogy, and this weakens his narrative.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2012, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 06:00 AM by Atothetheist.)
Dude, life sucks under Allah's reign. Trust me on this, if everything were Islamic, we would die, not because we can't check out women at a bar, no no no. We would all die because almost everything we value (free expression, fair judgement, equal rights) would be forbidden. I would rather die than live in a world where The right to say and make cheesy jokes is banned.

I have to have my jokes, they are all I have left.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
17-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Dude... why the fuck you trollin' with this five-month old unfinished thingy? Tongue

Humans have the right to kiss my ass, anything else is debatable. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-07-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm all for humans dying but not if it's in the name of religion =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
17-07-2012, 07:23 AM
The first half of that article was brilliant. The Enlightenment movement of the last few hundred years is riddled with problems, but it's revered as this perfect thing. He does a good job of poking holes in that, as he says, illusion.

Then he gets into the religion stuff and loses me a little.

The thing about human rights is that they have never been inalienable. Human rights have always been legislated. The start point is zero, NOT absolute freedom. Legislation then slowly adds rights to the law books, or, takes them away. We never have and never will reach absolute freedom. Thus human rights are illusory because they are only those rights that are given to us by the elites.

This of course doesn't mean that I don't think people should have rights, but that there is an illusion at work, much like the American Dream. Anyone can become a millionaire president, but the actual number that do is miniscule. So people accept their crushing poverty because of the promise of the pitifully improbable chance of something better. People look at the laws of the land and say "see! I have rights" but what is obfuscated by those crumbs of rights on the page are all of the controls and denials of freedom that we accept in our beguilement.

And the Enlightenment was the bastard child of religion because both movements are salvationist. The Enlightenment believes that man is a perfectible being which assumes that there's something wrong with us to begin with. The author's mention of utopia is apt.

i really like his mention of another vs the other. It encapsulates the lack of empathy in Our culture. We expect others to be an ideal citizen, perfect in every way, just like us; the absolute insanity being that we believe ourselves to be this ideal, incapable of the actions of "those depraved animals" who aren't really depraved animals, they're just humans embracing the outlawed parts of our true natures and or living beyond the constrictions of law, something that we are all capable of; something that we all deny in order to maintain our personal delusion of being the ideal citizen. It is a part of what Foucault calls the atomisation of power. We are our own prison guards, monitoring both ourselves and everyone around us.

I wish his DELUSION section made more sense, because I'd really like to better understand what he means about the acid of the masses. I can see the kernel of a good point, but his essay just falls apart.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
18-07-2012, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2012 03:04 AM by fstratzero.)
My review.

This guy clearly feels threatened by the idea of people having rights other than those appointed by his deity.

He claims that humans rights, and secular humanism make people feel nothing, and leaves them lost.

He also seems to think science separates humans from nature. He argues that we are trying to live forever, and that it's irrational cause we will die. The result is that we get lost in science, and we lose self identity.

The idea of being good with out god is a disease of the mind.

His solution is "To know ourselves, to save ourselves, we must destroy it. ('it' being capitalism, secular humanism, and human rights)"

It's really obvious by reading the comments this guy is a muslim. Capitalism is evil cause of riba, some law in the Qu'ran.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haraam

Anyways after translating babble into English, it's clear he's trying to justify his holy law. AKA sharia law.

I am, opposed to all his ideas thus far. When he actually develops his argument further I'll have to spend sometime ripping the fluff apart and pointing out all the problems.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
18-07-2012, 02:51 AM
Why did I ever read this and why-oh-why did I read all those comments...

Shoot me please.

Aaarrrggghhhh...

[Image: shoot_me.jpg]

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
18-07-2012, 03:06 AM
(18-07-2012 02:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  Why did I ever read this and why-oh-why did I read all those comments...

Shoot me please.

Aaarrrggghhhh...

[Image: shoot_me.jpg]
I know that feeling....

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp