Why we must fight religious indoctrination, example #3,481,284

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Why we must fight religious indoctrination, example #3,481,284
I just want to repeat one more time: if atheists do not make false promise that their society will be the most noble and fair society(like communist noble promises) they will not have followers who will help them to destroy all those who resists.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2015, 12:24 PM
When did communism become the official political opinion of atheism?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 4 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
29-07-2015, 12:25 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2015 01:36 PM by ClydeLee.)
(29-07-2015 12:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 09:54 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  But as you are pointing out, it's the desire for power or some political motivation that is making the people go out and kill people. It's that, not the traits of atheism.
But if atheists want to build society without religion and I know they do want this they have to have power to kill/destroy all those who disagree with them.
That is why I said that there is only one way for atheists to build this kind of society - through promises of Utopia - Communism.

And that's a illogical leap that makes no sense.

There is no rational component to your "knowing" atheists want to have power to kill/destroy those who disagree with them and that they have to be Communist; it's complete nonsense. Even if the 1st part was true that they want to have power to kill/destroy all those there is no logical reason to conclude they couldn't do it with some militaristic fascist regime not promising utopia or Communism. They can do it through force and power or actually have a period of time where atheism is the majority due to more spreading of understanding why many hold the position rationally. That could actually occur in a normal democratic nation in a not to distant future in some parts of the world.

If you think going back to your silly claim of, well the Communists are the only directly atheist parties that existed in the past.. That in on way means they "HAVE TO" follow suit in that manner. That's not a case of evidence for your claims. Beyond that your claim you "KNOW" atheists want to destroy/kill all those who resist them is absurd as well. Where is your evidence for this? Where are droves and droves of people saying this? Or do you just have faith they think that?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
29-07-2015, 12:58 PM
(29-07-2015 12:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  I just want to repeat one more time: if atheists do not make false promise that their society will be the most noble and fair society(like communist noble promises) they will not have followers who will help them to destroy all those who resists.

Why do atheist promises have to be like the promises of communism? Why would the only path toward a better society be one of violently oppressing all disagreement?

You keep forming these false dilemmas while ignoring other viable options.
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
29-07-2015, 02:50 PM
(29-07-2015 12:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  That is why I said that there is only one way for atheists to build this kind of society - through promises of Utopia - Communism.

Again. Secular democracies like in Scandanavia. Communism isn't the only sort of atheistic government out there. Your unsupported assertions are blatantly contrary to actual facts in the real world at this very moment.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
29-07-2015, 03:57 PM
We live in a world where there are people that believe in a peaceful existence and would not kill to force their view on others as doing so would violate their own morals. Then there are those people that believe in their own world-view, whatever that may be, and ARE willing to kill to make it happen. By definition, the latter is more likely to survive and pass on their world-view to future generations. Religion, due to its ability to control others, is the perfect weapon to subdue the remaining undecided and justify the killing of the opposition. For an atheistic worldview to suddenly supplant a predominantly religious culture would require something equally fanatical to drive a large enough population to be willing to kill others in the effort. Marxism/communism, especially in times of unequal distribution of wealth and hardship, would probably suit that purpose.

However, social change does not require revolution. With patience, organization, and enlightenment, the views of a culture can be changed over time and without requiring a polarizing driver. Such "evolutionary" change would likely favor the development of a more peaceful, more democratic and a more thoughtful society than that of the totalitarianism that tends to result from more revolutionary changes. The Scandinavian countries would seem to be a fine example of this type of progress.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
30-07-2015, 02:12 AM
(29-07-2015 08:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  Marks, Engels, Lenin, Stalin were atheists. With what an atheist who wants a power will substitute the religion?

Don't know about Marks and Engels but Lenin family was somewhat religious if I'm remember right (quite some time passed since I read his biography) and Stalin was seminary student. Also both of them believed in marxism-leninism. Hint: key word is believed as one can believe in any other religion.

(29-07-2015 08:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  A: with communism. Noble dream. Utopia but very noble.

What is noble in communism?

(29-07-2015 08:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, my dear atheists, if you really, really want to have society without religion you better start to kill all those who do not believe your utopia.

You primitive god told you this or this is just by product of your delusion? You're projecting what you would have done on atheists? Why anyone should kill believers when religion is dying (in parts of Europe at least)? Why anyone should kill believers when eradicating poverty is quite enough to speed up process of secularisation?

(29-07-2015 08:59 AM)Alla Wrote:  The Revolution with shedding of blood is the only way. Let's repeat mistake of the history: 1917 The Great October Revolution. Atheists won it and then they failed big time.

Either you lie or you are deluded. There is no need for revolution, turn your gaze to Norway for example and look how primitive superstition is dying without need for sheding blood.

Also atheist didn't win the revolution, communists did. Communist who have traded one idiotic faith for another and in name of this faith started killing.

Lastly - playing the victim even in signature? Pathetic.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
30-07-2015, 02:25 AM
Alla, why would we kill? It's far better that you live and look ridiculous, than that we kill and create a martyr. Killing is reserved for people one fears. That's *why* repressive regimes execute people. People who make religion look silly - it's far better to let them live, it gets the atheist message out much faster Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
30-07-2015, 07:58 AM
(29-07-2015 09:08 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-07-2015 06:15 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  That's one helluva slippery slope argument.

If I eat this dinner, what is to stop me from eating the plate, and then the whole table?

Also, it seems like one helluva non sequitur. How, exactly, are a disbelief in gods related to wanting a strong government that controls the means of production? I know plenty of atheist libertarians.
If an atheist(like Lenin) desires to build a society without religion he has to do it by force. Without shedding of blood it is not possible.
So, if atheists do not use force they are doomed to live in the society with religious freedom. Without bloody revolution all you can do is to dream about.

Atheist said: religion is opium for the people. how can you take away this opium from the people? By force. By bloody force.

The happy, prosperous, largely non-Christian democracies of western Europe show that you are talking delusional bullshit.

You have substituted indoctrination for thinking.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-07-2015, 08:01 AM
(29-07-2015 12:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  I just want to repeat one more time: if atheists do not make false promise that their society will be the most noble and fair society(like communist noble promises) they will not have followers who will help them to destroy all those who resists.

Who made this claim? Citation required.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post