Why women are more important than men

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Why women are more important than men
(11-01-2013 11:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 02:06 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Maybe, but we die sooner too, so we have peeing disadvantageous for a shorter time...either that or we both wind up in diapers anyway. Face it, when it comes to pissing, penises are better. Tongue
Keep saying that to the person who has to clean the bathroom!
I'm the only man in my household, and we don't have guests that often. I can tell you the toilet stays pretty clean for quite a while. I also have no qualms about cleaning a toilet, and I do so on occasion. No man who has ever served in the enlisted side of the military has a problem cleaning toilets....you get over that REAL quick. You just become thankful if you have a toilet to use Wink

Besides that, I didn't ask which is cleaner, I asked which is better. Peeing standing up with your pants on is better than dropping trou and squatting/wiping by a mile and a half. Sleepy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 02:15 PM
(11-01-2013 12:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was in hard labor for over 54 hours with my first kid. My husband complained about sleeping on the little cot in the room made his back hurt.
Jeez could you have taken any longer? If I had been your husband I probably would have complained too!
11-01-2013, 02:20 PM
(11-01-2013 02:15 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 12:14 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was in hard labor for over 54 hours with my first kid. My husband complained about sleeping on the little cot in the room made his back hurt.
Jeez could you have taken any longer? If I had been your husband I probably would have complained too!

Yeah, what's up with that 54 hour labor? Don't you think that was awfully inconsiderate of you? After all, your poor husband was sleeping on a cot!

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
11-01-2013, 02:30 PM
(11-01-2013 01:32 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 11:13 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Keep saying that to the person who has to clean the bathroom!
I'm the only man in my household, and we don't have guests that often. I can tell you the toilet stays pretty clean for quite a while. I also have no qualms about cleaning a toilet, and I do so on occasion. No man who has ever served in the enlisted side of the military has a problem cleaning toilets....you get over that REAL quick. You just become thankful if you have a toilet to use Wink

Besides that, I didn't ask which is cleaner, I asked which is better. Peeing standing up with your pants on is better than dropping trou and squatting/wiping by a mile and a half. Sleepy

Eh -- I don't see that as a big deal. Hell I can pee standing up too. It's writing my name in the snow that's tricky.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

11-01-2013, 02:37 PM
(11-01-2013 02:20 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 02:15 PM)Nappa Wrote:  Jeez could you have taken any longer? If I had been your husband I probably would have complained too!

Yeah, what's up with that 54 hour labor? Don't you think that was awfully inconsiderate of you? After all, your poor husband was sleeping on a cot!

And I refused to share the drugs they gave me. I know I'm just a selfish bitch. The next child, I stopped counting after the first week -- but admittedly, that wasn't hard labor the whole time or any labor (they stopped it because i was only 28 weeks pregant when my water broke). He went home at night and got a proper nights rest. But he did complain about driving back and forth to "check in".

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

11-01-2013, 02:57 PM
(11-01-2013 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I refused to share the drugs they gave me. I know I'm just a selfish bitch. The next child, I stopped counting after the first week -- but admittedly, that wasn't hard labor the whole time or any labor (they stopped it because i was only 28 weeks pregant when my water broke). He went home at night and got a proper nights rest. But he did complain about driving back and forth to "check in".
If it took that long I think I would have filed for a divorce, not only was there a long labor involved, but the refusal to share drugs and having to drive back and forth to the hospital. I don't think the pros would have outweighed the cons for me.
11-01-2013, 02:59 PM
Nah, he can't blame you for driving back and forth. That's his fault; he could have just called you on the phone, maybe at halftime or when the commercials came on.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
11-01-2013, 03:02 PM
(11-01-2013 02:59 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Nah, he can't blame you for driving back and forth. That's his fault; he could have just called you on the phone, maybe at halftime or when the commercials came on.
I probably wouldn't even have called, just stayed on the couch and watch deh footballz.
11-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Joking aside, I kinda suspect it went like this -

Moms was in labor for 54 hours. That is what it is and can't be helped. The hospital did all they could for her, made her comfortable, monitored the labor, fed her, provided pain killers when appropriate if she asked, etc. And they gave hubby a cot. A nice gesture, but not entirely comfortable. I bet he was a good guy, solicitous, concerned for his wife and his impending newborn. Along the way, he might have made a comment or three about how the cot was uncomfortable. It happens. She obviously loves the guy and doesn't seem to have judgment problems, so he can't really be too big a douchbag.

54 hours probably included a lot of talking and chatting and hand holding. Complaining about a discomfort during that time doesn't automatically relegate all the other admirable care-giving husband behavior to insignificance.

I'm not lecturing Momsurroundedbyboys; she knows this already. I'm just pointing out that we know it too.

Now, if I'm wrong, and the only thing he did for those 54 hours was complain about his cot issues, well, then I guess he is a douchebag. But he didn't, so it's all good.

11-01-2013, 03:41 PM
(11-01-2013 02:57 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 02:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I refused to share the drugs they gave me. I know I'm just a selfish bitch. The next child, I stopped counting after the first week -- but admittedly, that wasn't hard labor the whole time or any labor (they stopped it because i was only 28 weeks pregant when my water broke). He went home at night and got a proper nights rest. But he did complain about driving back and forth to "check in".
If it took that long I think I would have filed for a divorce, not only was there a long labor involved, but the refusal to share drugs and having to drive back and forth to the hospital. I don't think the pros would have outweighed the cons for me.

But what if she's a really good cook? Think ahead, dude. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user