Why women voted for trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: Why women voted for trump
Quote:send me links to factual websites that I will not read.

Yes, why let pesky things like facts get in the way of forming your opinions.

Quote:If you haven’t taught your daughter to kick a man in the balls, whether he is the President of the United States or your piece of shit neighbor down the street, when he grabs her body -- SHAME. ON. YOU.

I agree, but it wasn't the point. When you support a man who has no respect for women you send a message that those actions are expected. It is blaming the victim for the reprehensible actions of the perpetrator.

Quote: (regarding the Women's March) You also forgot to not be hypocritical, therefore in my eyes, it was an over-all fail.

She doesn't explain in what way they were hypocritical; it doesn't seem to follow from the previous points.

Quote:Your march was bull because you support only the women who follow your rules.

No, the march was for woemn who supported the values that it expressed. It was a show of strength for a particular point of view. Not including opposing viewpoints isn't being hypocritical or "bull". If you want to organize a march for opposing values go right ahead.

Quote:However, if you make the choice to have an abortion -- I believe you’ll soon have to pay for it yourself, as tax payer money will no longer be used to perform them.

This article doesn't provide enough context about why she objects to taxpayer-funded abortions so I have to assume she shees it as more of a moral issue than a healthcare issue. I'd also bet that she doesn't support comprehensive sex ed in order to try to actually minimize the need for abortions.

Quote:Women are empowered. We’re free and we’re equal.

It may be better than it used to be but it's certainly not a given. When you support putting a misogynistic asshole into power you set women's rights back significantly.

Quote:Don’t like common core? Yeah...me either. I voted to get rid of common core.

I've heard this a lot from people but have yet to hear specifics on what they don't like.

Quote:But to me, right now, LGBT rights are not my first priority.

That was a whole diatribe to basically say "I'm not homphobic, some of my best friends are gay". She recognizes that gays have faced a lot of discrimination and that Trump and his cronies aren't supportive and she simply does not care that their rights are threatened.

Quote:...it’s hard to not become even the slightest bit racist when the media is so interested in covering the Black Lives Matter movement. Which is a joke, by the way. A sick fucking joke that no one should be proud of.

She follows the "I don't care about gays" bit with a demonstration that she has no clue what BLM is saying. Some BLM members go too far so it becomes safe to dismiss the entire issue.

Quote:Trump is NOT racist, nor do his supporters believe him to be.

Laugh out load

Quote:We DID NOT vote for Trump because of social rights.

Yes, we understand. You don't care about social rights.

Quote:I voted for Trump to see our Veterans treated better, to see our service men and women start getting the respect they fucking deserve, to ensure our 2nd amendment rights, for better health care, to protect our borders, to change our tax laws, to get rid of common core, to get the undeserving off welfare, to strengthen small business, to change how we import and export our goods, to get rid of illegal immigrants and so we can build that fucking wall.

Really? You expect Trump to do any of that? You haven't been paying much attention. Trump doesn't give a fuck about veterans, or current servicemen, or anything except what will get him cheering crowds. It's all a front. Better health care? Facepalm Strengthen SMALL business? Laugh out load

The 'build the wall' mentality is pathetic. How about actually addressing the problem instead of walling yourself in and loading the guns? The whole attitude in this article is "I've got mine, fuck everybody else".

Quote: am going to finish this with saying that it is NOT selfish for the majority to ask for what they want, to fight for what they want and to demand that they be heard…even if you think they’ve been heard enough.

Everybody claims to be part of "the majority". The election results don't seem to support that in this case. The majority appears to have disliked both candidates and, in that respect, I'm in the majority. Unfortunately, that opened the door for the farce that we have now.

Quote:You say you’re offended by my vote. I say your intolerance is showing.

I am intolerant when it comes to much of what was in that post. Being intolerant of intolerance is not a problem for me.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
04-02-2017, 09:31 AM
From what I remember, when polls were taken weeks before the election it turned out that many woman lied about their plans to vote for trump. Pollsters felt these trump voting women were too embarrassed to admit they'd vote for such a fucked up twit. There needs to be another poll on why they lied and who these women were that lied.

Also, women are people. People can be stupid.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-02-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure how much of that I can keep reading but it seems like the premise is: "I voted for Trump because I'm an asshole and I no longer care if everyone in the world is aware about how much of a selfish douchebag I am." Sum it up?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 5 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
04-02-2017, 10:12 AM
(03-02-2017 06:30 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  There are a lot of stupid women who voted for that fucking shithead.

And there are a lot of stupid men who did the same.

Absolutely true. The rest of the stupid motherfuckers voted for Hillary...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Our devotion to democracy is stupid. Why would I vote for any person to have power over me? Voting at all is really more offensive than voting for a fascist. At least before women's suffrage women weren't actively going out to advocate for their own self-oppression and pretending it's a civic responsibility and the backbone of freedom.
04-02-2017, 10:27 AM
Let's not write off all Trump voters as stupid. They are not a monolithic block. LOTS and LOTS of Obama voters cast a ballot for DJT. Jon Stewart, I think, said it best: Trump voters aren't all bigoted low-information idiots who are afraid of Muslims and blacks and Mexicans. They're afraid of their health insurance premiums.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
04-02-2017, 10:30 AM
(04-02-2017 10:27 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Let's not write off all Trump voters as stupid. They are not a monolithic block. LOTS and LOTS of Obama voters cast a ballot for DJT. Jon Stewart, I think, said it best: Trump voters aren't all bigoted low-information idiots who are afraid of Muslims and blacks and Mexicans. They're afraid of their health insurance premiums.

Yes, a lot of them were grossly misinformed about stuff like health insurance. A lot of small town people who have a limited perspective because of the small world they live in.

-Rick
04-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Quote:Let's not write off all Trump voters as stupid.

I'm more inclined to write off all voters as stupid. Myself included. Although usually I just write fuck you in the write in space.
04-02-2017, 10:36 AM
(04-02-2017 10:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 10:27 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Let's not write off all Trump voters as stupid. They are not a monolithic block. LOTS and LOTS of Obama voters cast a ballot for DJT. Jon Stewart, I think, said it best: Trump voters aren't all bigoted low-information idiots who are afraid of Muslims and blacks and Mexicans. They're afraid of their health insurance premiums.

Yes, a lot of them were grossly misinformed about stuff like health insurance. A lot of small town people who have a limited perspective because of the small world they live in.

The vast majority put about the same thought in it as they did for their prom queen vote. No matter who they voted for.
04-02-2017, 10:38 AM
(04-02-2017 10:36 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 10:30 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Yes, a lot of them were grossly misinformed about stuff like health insurance. A lot of small town people who have a limited perspective because of the small world they live in.

The vast majority put about the same thought in it as they did for their prom queen vote. No matter who they voted for.

Think about stupid the average person is and then realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin

-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post