Why women voted for trump

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2017, 10:38 AM
RE: Why women voted for trump
We all know what happens when you beat a kid every day of their childhood and repeatedly tell them they’re broken and bad. Or, on a large scale, what happens when you* repeatedly tell a species in its formative years (and sadly, humanity had the misfortunate of falling prey to the vile Abrahamic scourge at a rather early and impressionable “age”) that it is inherently evil and will never amount to anything, unless it spends its entire life on its knees, self-flagellating and grovelling. So, why should we be surprised that when we tell an entire gender, that they are inherently inferior, “created” for the superior gender’s pleasure and needs, and are meant to follow and obey, they might end up believing it? And once this is out of the way, the only other factor – mind-numbing idiocy (or, ignorance, in some cases, I guess) – is no problem at all. Sadly, stupidity has absolutely no gender bias and can strike anywhere, at any time. Dodgy

In my work, I’ve been forced to get acquainted with quite a few “books” written by women for women and after several years, I’m still stunned by the staggering degree of sexism and misogyny** in them. It seems almost impossible to imagine finding higher levels of sexism in a book written by a man.

* Works equally well if it tells itself this. Just adds a serving of twisted irony to the whole thing.

** For the record, I’ve never found misandrist “jokes” even remotely funny, either. Esp. when the women making those “jokes” go on, only a couple of posts later, to literally drool over Neanderthal Mike, Magic Tatum, or whatever that thing is called. Me, I’ve always thought of people as just that, people, human beings, not men or women, not Americans or Russians, not blue or purple, but I might be an idiot Rolleyes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
04-02-2017, 10:49 AM
(04-02-2017 10:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  In my work, I’ve been forced to get acquainted with quite a few “books” written by women for women and after several years, I’m still stunned by the staggering degree of sexism and misogyny** in them. It seems almost impossible to imagine finding higher levels of sexism in a book written by a man.

Perhaps this isn't the exact thread for it, but...

I spent some time working in the banking and insurance industries and the vast majority of people I worked with were women. And in my experience there, the amount of subterfuge, the backbiting, the lies, the sabotage, the unmitigated hatred between women at that level (upper management, just below the C-suite) was completely beyond the pale.

They may talk a good game about "supporting our sisters in business" but when it comes down to it, all bets are off and it's every woman for herself, damn the consequences.

Never, in my experience, did I have that issue with men in upper management. Sure, some men were underhanded and sought advantage when it suited them, but it wasn't personal. Between women, it was always personal.

I'm so glad I retired early... Banana_zorro
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2017, 10:51 AM
(04-02-2017 10:38 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 10:36 AM)ImFred Wrote:  The vast majority put about the same thought in it as they did for their prom queen vote. No matter who they voted for.

Think about stupid the average person is and then realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin

Until you realize that the guy you thought was stupid can fix his own alternator.
04-02-2017, 11:19 AM
(04-02-2017 10:51 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 10:38 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Think about stupid the average person is and then realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin

Until you realize that the guy you thought was stupid can fix his own alternator.

...after he buys a battery, because he didn't diagnose the system properly. Big Grin
04-02-2017, 11:54 AM
(04-02-2017 10:49 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Perhaps this isn't the exact thread for it, but...

I spent some time working in the banking and insurance industries and the vast majority of people I worked with were women. And in my experience there, the amount of subterfuge, the backbiting, the lies, the sabotage, the unmitigated hatred between women at that level (upper management, just below the C-suite) was completely beyond the pale.

They may talk a good game about "supporting our sisters in business" but when it comes down to it, all bets are off and it's every woman for herself, damn the consequences.

Never, in my experience, did I have that issue with men in upper management. Sure, some men were underhanded and sought advantage when it suited them, but it wasn't personal. Between women, it was always personal.

I'm so glad I retired early... Banana_zorro

Well, I’ve had the misfortune to meet and/or work with bitchy and backstabbing men, as well, though the vast majority of such co-workers have been women indeed. But what *really* grinds my gear is not even the intrigue (I kinda think it’s par for the course in… well, pretty much any type of office and am *I* glad, I’m now a freelancer, working from home (or anywhere in the world, should I so choose ;-)), is the kind of cave(wo)man mentality and a rather poisonous idea of “masculinity” where the surest sign of love is when he’s ready to beat to a bloody pulp anyone who so much as dares *look* at HIS woman (and don’t even get me started on that whole “mah” woman thing and men “claiming” them as “theirs”!), because that’s true love and absolutely not the same kind of mentality that leads someone to literally set fire on his ex-girlfriend on a freaking highway, ‘cause how dare the bitch dump ME! And then there’s the whole slut/good girl dichotomy, where the big strong man fucks as many receptacles (and they are treated and talked about as exactly this), until he meets the right one, pure as the driven snow, if not purer. And I repeat, this comes from women and is spewed forth for women. And of course, even with the most gifted and successful woman, she’s still an empty husk and her life can *really* begin only when she meets The Right Dick Mr. Right.

People keep telling me, when I bitch about it, that “it’s just books”… but books reflect *and* influence the way those who write and read them “think” and just reinforce the same old poisonous mentality that leads to domestic abuse, weaponised rape and a whole other assortment of nice things.

It’s just… I never realised women can hate themselves *so* much Confused

And. I'm tired of living among people who are stuck in some sort of combo between cavemen times and the Middle Ages Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
04-02-2017, 07:32 PM
(03-02-2017 06:09 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Sorry, sorry - another trump post.

But I have been really struggling with why many of my mom friends voted for this....person.

Low and behold, this is floating around my feed today - shared by these same women.

What do you think?

http://www.madstella.com/?p=631

Glib and ignorant, as well as judgmental. She does not get my respect at all.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-02-2017, 07:38 PM
(04-02-2017 09:50 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I'm not sure how much of that I can keep reading but it seems like the premise is: "I voted for Trump because I'm an asshole and I no longer care if everyone in the world is aware about how much of a selfish douchebag I am." Sum it up?

No, she lacks that level of self-awareness. Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-02-2017, 07:39 PM
(04-02-2017 10:18 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Our devotion to democracy is stupid. Why would I vote for any person to have power over me? Voting at all is really more offensive than voting for a fascist. At least before women's suffrage women weren't actively going out to advocate for their own self-oppression and pretending it's a civic responsibility and the backbone of freedom.

That is the most idiotic post of the day. Well done.

04-02-2017, 08:11 PM
(04-02-2017 07:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-02-2017 10:18 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Our devotion to democracy is stupid. Why would I vote for any person to have power over me? Voting at all is really more offensive than voting for a fascist. At least before women's suffrage women weren't actively going out to advocate for their own self-oppression and pretending it's a civic responsibility and the backbone of freedom.

That is the most idiotic post of the day. Well done.

Good retort.
04-02-2017, 08:42 PM
If it were as simple as lack of intelligence then the split would be along genetic lines not rural/urban demographics.

"They dumb me smart" is the easy answer, but it's not the correct or productive answer.

'Murican Canadian