Why wont prayer heal amputees ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2013, 09:18 AM
Thumbs Down Why wont prayer heal amputees ?
Ah the futility of Theist arguing.
I put it to a m8 "why wont god heal amputees by prayer"
, so many people claim to have been healed by prayer but its always illnesses that are impossible to document/prove evidentually.

His answer with conviction, is that many people have had fingers grown back and arms, just because no one took photos does not mean it never happened.
source I say:
His preacher has told him so, then proceeded to claim the miracles of
Smith Wigglesworth as documented proof, who i've never heard of before. but seems to be some revered saint to the born again crowd. , grew back a mans feet at a shoe store LMAO, Consider

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like sporehux's post
27-10-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Why wont prayer heal amputees ?
There's seriously a guy called smith wigglesworth? The hell kind of name is that?

Looking in the external link section... I find a link to a book that seems to have no copies anywhere, an old website with no documented evidence and a long tl;dr rant from waybackmachine, and more tl;dr links with walls of text with no documented evidence.

Soooooooooooooo yeah. Sounds like snake oil salesman to me.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
27-10-2013, 09:24 AM
When I hear stories like this, I think to myself "this must be the pinnacle of human ignorance and delusion"

Only later, other religious people convince me otherwise...

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
[+] 2 users Like Youkay's post
27-10-2013, 09:35 AM
It's won't, not wont.

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
27-10-2013, 11:37 AM
(27-10-2013 09:35 AM)Teen-skeptic-go! Wrote:  It's won't, not wont.

Posts like this will earn you negative reps, lol Big Grin

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
27-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Never heard of him, and I never want to appear to sell-out fellow believers to make myself look better....but this is stupid. I think these people are popular with those who think that God isn't there/ doesn't care about me unless He proves it with something I can see RIGHT NOW. What makes me mad is that these people give more pain to people of faith than something to laugh at by atheists.

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a charismatic about my legs. Just finished 12 years of surgery to correct a disorder with the only limit being I can't do running/ high-impact stuff. Charismatic says 'do you believe that if you had enough faith you could be healed and run?'
Me: 'But I am healed! I had the best surgeons, physios, and a great support system to help me. God placed me in a time and place where all these people had the skill to help me. It's great, I'm healed!'
him: but do you believe if you had enough faith God could heal you?
me: But I am!
Him: but you're not healed
Me: but I am!
And so on, for quite a while. I have no doubt that God can work miracles, but He's not a trick pony, and I hate it when faith in God is made out to be dependant on it. Those who do are just preying on the hurting and helpless
[+] 1 user Likes Yasmin's post
27-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I'll admit, I'm too lazy to peruse this website at the moment, but it is on the list of things I really want to pour over soon, and this thread reminded me of it. Anyone interested, here is the link. http://whywontgodhealamputees.com/
27-10-2013, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 08:13 PM by sporehux.)
There should be far more new threads in this category (not just amputees), surely people are debating with their theist friends ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
27-10-2013, 08:28 PM
Just wait. God's healing abilities are only as good as current medical science can allow. Once medical science progresses to the point of regrowing limbs, God will naturally get the credit.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 8 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
27-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Only among the ignorant, though.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]