Why you need to make the call....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2018, 01:15 AM
RE: Why you need to make the call....
Being an atheist doesn't imply knowledge, by our definition. If it does by yours, then sure, it should be backed up. I reject the claims as irrelevant gibberish, and no claim of knowledge is required except that it's unscientific and needs work before it merits serious consideration.

I can't disprove an unfalsifiable hypothesis, by definition.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Okay, I don't think we're going to agree on much here, so I'll leave this for now. Thanks for the discussion Smile I'd only be repeating myself at this point. I don't agree that we should fight indoctrination with more indoctrination.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
26-01-2018, 01:24 AM
(26-01-2018 01:15 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Being an atheist doesn't imply knowledge, by our definition. If it does by yours, then sure, it should be backed up. I reject the claims as irrelevant gibberish, and no claim of knowledge is required except that it's unscientific and needs work before it merits serious consideration.

I can't disprove an unfalsifiable hypothesis, by definition.

It should and some argue as though they know and can prove that their lack of proof and proxy on onus to prove is enough.

I say it is not.

Your offer is that you can't "disprove an unfalsifiable hypothesis".

In this case you can, since you can't witness and correlate to define or firm the God define and create dogma and act or ritual around it.

Won't happen ever.

You are done.

It IS falsifiable.

You CAN define God as anything smarter and stronger than you also...

But.

No point working the paradox. End it, that is ALL God will ever be. A trap.
Find all posts by this user
26-01-2018, 01:25 AM
As an aside, simple God belief and religion are two different things. The former isn't generally going to impact people very much. The latter can easily be tackled any time it makes real world claims, which are generally shown to be false almost immediately.

26-01-2018, 01:25 AM
(26-01-2018 01:16 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Okay, I don't think we're going to agree on much here, so I'll leave this for now. Thanks for the discussion Smile I'd only be repeating myself at this point. I don't agree that we should fight indoctrination with more indoctrination.

OK well you'd be wrong then on all counts.
26-01-2018, 01:28 AM
(26-01-2018 01:25 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  As an aside, simple God belief and religion are two different things. The former isn't generally going to impact people very much. The latter can easily be tackled any time it makes real world claims, which are generally shown to be false almost immediately.

Pascal's Wager is wrong since there is a cost for belief. So just doing part A with God and missing the dogma is a problem too.....

Logic is not indoctrination nor is helping others see the problem to a terminus

Nothing created this universe. Nothing came from nothing. No God sat outside all of space and time and made this from his bootstraps.

You made a Jewish carpenter turn his space into a box for your space.... so on...
26-01-2018, 01:32 AM
(26-01-2018 01:25 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  As an aside, simple God belief and religion are two different things. The former isn't generally going to impact people very much. The latter can easily be tackled any time it makes real world claims, which are generally shown to be false almost immediately.

Cyclic logic is just that. Bad logic and religion say for Jesuits, is a collection of excuses, bandages, and contrarian traps made on the holes in their views.

Doing your own dogma on it can be worse.
26-01-2018, 01:40 AM
But the other problems that come with you being too passive are say in USA, Law and Police etc do God play and they will fool people.

You need to teach others and yours first that something is wrong.

You are too complacent and passive.

Now we have Muslims over here and them other Jesuits who have God II and God III and Bible V4.0.1 etc.

Close it.
26-01-2018, 02:35 AM
I find you too overbearing to talk to. My advice is to dial it down a bit, if you actually want to change age anyone's mind about anything. Your attitude is counterproductive. You won't get far here, or anywhere, telling people what to do and how to think, and presuming to be right all the time.

Just some advice for the future. I bid you farewell.

[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
26-01-2018, 03:10 AM
(26-01-2018 02:35 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I find you too overbearing to talk to. My advice is to dial it down a bit, if you actually want to change age anyone's mind about anything. Your attitude is counterproductive. You won't get far here, or anywhere, telling people what to do and how to think, and presuming to be right all the time.

Just some advice for the future. I bid you farewell.

I don't need it. You are too disputatious and would need to concede a point I made as being correct. And then you end up just offering you don't care. Right?

As I said, too soft... I don't need you nor does anyone else.

Fair enough for you? Prove me wrong..... but you can't discuss anything wiithout making a slur about "complaining". eh?

So take off. So far you offered nothing of substance or value.

What am I wrong about?

And you can't judge any of that (attitude) with you not wanting to read or know it.

So I will do as I please.

You can all go to hell for all I care. Problem so far is YOU.

Grow a spine.