Why you should join the Army. (Article)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Why you should join the Army. (Article)
(06-02-2013 03:55 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(06-02-2013 03:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  They don't falsely advertise, it is illegal for them to lie and if a recruiter LIES to you then they can get in serious trouble for it, that being said you have a personal responsibility to fact-check before you sign the contract which you should read carefully and keep a copy of. That being said they romanticize and don't tell the WHOLE truth, just the part of the truth that can be used to entice. It is the same tactics that are used by any salesman worth their salt. As for killing innocent children, I have never been in a position where I was forced into this, and I never worked for a psychopath but it is a valid complaint. I could not and would not kill a child even if that meant disciplinary action or imprisonment but it is an ugly part of warfare which is why wars should be avoided if at all possible. There's my 2 cents...
Army recruiters don't lie? Don't yank my chain man, I wasn't born yesterday. The Army is the most comprehensive pack of liars the world has ever seen and it gets even worse as your work your way to the top of the Officer Corp.

And as far as killing children goes - yeah...it happens and it happens a lot. I've had Army, Marines and Navy Seals all tell me they killed children in Vietnam and they were all in the same room when they told me - they confirmed each others experiences. I used to work with these guys.
They were nice guys, it was just that killing children was part of the job - so they did it.

Here's some Kiddie Killing courtesy of the US Army.
I know you think that you somehow refuted what I said, but you didn't.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
A lot of things that happen every day are illegal. The problem is that you have to prove a claim against the state and you have to arbitrate that claim against the state their law courts. And thanks, but I understand the importance of due diligence in contract negotiation.

As the killing of children goes, that you've never killed a child is of no consequence. There are millions of graves filled with dead children who were killed by military personnel and the bombs they drop. Moreover, there are hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi children whose deaths lie squarely at the feet of the US government and other governments whose militaries, for more than a decade, enforced sanctions against the Iraqis.

As psychopaths go, they exist outside the stereotypical mass murderer or serial killer persona. In fact, there are millions more of them who blend into society than don't. And, they tend to gravitate toward positions of power such as president, governor, military commander, et al. You may have never worked for one but the better likelihood is that you never knew it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2013, 07:05 PM
(06-02-2013 06:45 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  A lot of things that happen every day are illegal. The problem is that you have to prove a claim against the state and you have to arbitrate that claim against the state their law courts. And thanks, but I understand the importance of due diligence in contract negotiation.

As the killing of children goes, that you've never killed a child is of no consequence. There are millions of graves filled with dead children who were killed by military personnel and the bombs they drop. Moreover, there are hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqi children whose deaths lie squarely at the feet of the US government and other governments whose militaries, for more than a decade, enforced sanctions against the Iraqis.

As psychopaths go, they exist outside the stereotypical mass murderer or serial killer persona. In fact, there are millions more of them who blend into society than don't. And, they tend to gravitate toward positions of power such as president, governor, military commander, et al. You may have never worked for one but the better likelihood is that you never knew it.
So it is more likely that I misjudged someone than by psychopathic merit most military commanders were promoted and chosen to command? Give me a break, now you are just talking out of your ass. I'm not saying it isn't possible that I am wrong, but you are just making baseless claims with an intellectual sounding premise. You don't even know the commanders I have worked for but you somehow believe that the their is some mathematical probability that the majority of military commanders are certifiable psychopaths. Blink

It would be my guess that you loathe veterans and if you had your way we would abolish the military, am I close? Lets have it.

Look, I'm not saying that I disagree with all of your opinions, I find it more likely that we would agree on most things, but you can't just make claims based on principles with no facts. Frankly your post came of as extremely arrogant, that you have a better likelihood of being correct without even knowing a single fact about who my commanders were, or even knowing their names. If I were more of an idealist and less of a realist I would be a voluntaryrist.

06-02-2013, 08:23 PM
"~but you are just making baseless claims with an intellectual sounding premise."

No, I'm not. You can start testing my claims with a simple Google query on psychopathy in the military or, psychopathy in government. Hundreds of studies have been performed and the consensus is that sociopaths and psychopaths are attracted to positions of power over others. Likewise, politicians and other government officials who've been studied all display at least some of the characteristic traits of sociopathy and/or psychopathy.

"It would be my guess that you loathe veterans and if you had your way we would abolish the military, am I close? Lets have it."

I loathe violence, not groups. And yes, I would abolish the military in as much as we know it now. That goes without saying from an anarchist, since the military is a function of government and anarchists agitate for a society with no rulers. But with all that said, my position on governments and violence is irrelevant to the facts I presented. They are either true or they aren't.

Also, I'm sorry you took my post as arrogant. That wasn't my intention and it never will be. If I thought myself better than the people here, I would be elsewhere.

As for knowing your commanders or their names... that's irrelevant. I never claimed that all military commanders are psychopaths. I do think that more are than aren't but in the absence of proof, I won't make that objective claim.
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
06-02-2013, 09:06 PM
I just joined for the lulz.

For six years as a Military Police officer, I got anything but...

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
06-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Okay, but you are making claims about my specific commanders with no knowledge about them whatsoever. My limited knowledge gives me some criteria for judgement. You are going off of some mathematical probability while providing no statistics.

I don't want to get too political here, but I will ask without a rebuttal on my part (perhaps another thread.) What you would propose we use for self defense? An unpaid militia of amateur soldiers? If so what would pay for equipment such as ships, tanks, and jets?

06-02-2013, 09:29 PM
I didn't make any specific claims. I speculated. And I didn't speculate with no knowledge whatever. I speculated with the knowledge that I conveyed to you and, I bear no burden of providing evidence for everything I say when I say it. If that's the rule, then I quit. I'm happy to provide evidence when someone asks, though.

I also agree that the answer to your last questions is fodder for another thread. And possibly another several threads. With that in mind, I'll be terse.

"What you would propose we use for self defense?
An unpaid militia of amateur soldiers?"

Why do they need to be unpaid or amateur? Moreover, who says a free society will need self defense on the scale you envision?

"If so what would pay for equipment such as ships, tanks, and jets?"

I think you mean who, so I'll answer with that presumption. Who pays for that stuff now?
06-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Fine, I'm formally request for you to provide statistics to support your claim as well as the source.

I'm finding it rather difficult to bit my figurative tongue since you responded with questions, but I did mean "what" with the presumption it would be an assembly of some kind, a congress, not a single donor.

06-02-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.opednews.com/articles/PSYCHOP...5-941.html

http://www.friedgreentomatoes.org/articl...fusion.php

http://www.suu.edu/faculty/barney/PSY%204310/Psychopathy.ppt

http://www.fsunews.com/article/20120802/...y-politics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDC0PuUTPFE

For starters.

"I'm finding it rather difficult to bit my figurative tongue since you
responded with questions, but I did mean "what" with the presumption it
would be an assembly of some kind, a congress, not a single donor."

Congress doesn't pay for anything. The people in congress appropriate funds that are either taken, under threat of violence, from citizens or borrowed without consent, on the promise that citizens of the future will repay the debts.
07-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I've been thinking about joining. I've been bored lately.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!