Why you should join the Army. (Article)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: Why you should join the Army. (Article)
(05-02-2013 07:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  http://www.businessinsider.com/bct-drill...ate-2013-2

It's a better answer than "I want to kill people" I suppose...
I find the 'I want to kill people' a perfectly good reason to join. It's like pking, except in real life with no respawns. I embrace that we are a species dedicated to survival, with that survival comes violent tendencies. Stroking these tendencies can lead to a prosperous civilization or crippling our technological achievements and reverting us back to a tribal people in a man made post-apocalyptic world. Not stroking these tendencies will lead to the utter collapse of our civilization. That's why pacifism and humanists are such dead weights in our society.

It would be better to fight for the wrong side than to let the wrong side completely fuck others over and say you think it's wrong.

Believe it or not, I actually plan on joining the military.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2013, 10:11 AM
(06-02-2013 10:22 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Congress doesn't pay for anything. The people in congress appropriate funds that are either taken, under threat of violence, from citizens or borrowed without consent, on the promise that citizens of the future will repay the debts.
I said congress, not Congress.

07-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Proper sentence structure dictates that the first letter of the first word in a sentence be capitalized. Thankfully, that rule doesn't change the context of the word. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2013, 03:11 PM
(07-02-2013 01:17 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Proper sentence structure dictates that the first letter of the first word in a sentence be capitalized. Thankfully, that rule doesn't change the context of the word. Wink
Dude, why are you making trying to make shit so complicated? If it still isn't clear to you I meant congress to mean an association of people who meet.

07-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Imagine what could be accomplished if the US just took maybe 25% of the military budget and reassigned it to the exploration and colonization of space...
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
(07-02-2013 03:22 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Imagine what could be accomplished if the US just took maybe 25% of the military budget and reassigned it to the exploration and colonization of space...
nothing...?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
07-02-2013, 06:12 PM
(07-02-2013 05:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 03:22 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Imagine what could be accomplished if the US just took maybe 25% of the military budget and reassigned it to the exploration and colonization of space...

nothing...?

"Imagine what could be accomplished"

You're not trying hard enough. As soon as we set up self sustained colonies, thats when we become immortal. If anything catastrophic happens to Earth...
07-02-2013, 06:17 PM
(07-02-2013 06:12 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 05:38 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  nothing...?

"Imagine what could be accomplished"

You're not trying hard enough. As soon as we set up self sustained colonies, thats when we become immortal. If anything catastrophic happens to Earth...
Oh don't worry about earmuffs cosmos, most of the people on this forum aren't going to try and engage in any useful conversation. Personally I for one do not support space colonization until after the unification of our species. Sure we may greatly increase the chances of the survival of our species if we colonize space, but if we do it before we've unified as a species then it also greatly endangers us ever becoming one as a species.
07-02-2013, 06:42 PM
(07-02-2013 06:17 PM)Nappa Wrote:  
(07-02-2013 06:12 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  "Imagine what could be accomplished"

Oh don't worry about earmuffs cosmos, most of the people on this forum aren't going to try and engage in any useful conversation. Personally I for one do not support space colonization until after the unification of our species. Sure we may greatly increase the chances of the survival of our species if we colonize space, but if we do it before we've unified as a species then it also greatly endangers us ever becoming one as a species.

People disagree and fight about so much stupid shit, we're not going to unify. The only way I could see it happening is a type of tech-telepathy, where you can instantly convey your understanding and beliefs to another individual, and they can convey theirs to you... In a sense, seeing things from the others point of view. It would immediately resolve SO many stupid arguments because we would immediately understand each other and the reasons for thinking certain ways.

Also, if we merge with machine, we could more easily transfer our thoughts and understanding to others. First step is computers being controlled by the brain (which is already showing progress), followed by computer results and imaging being displayed directly to the brain (no more need for cell phones, TV or PCs if you have one in your head - I expect to see this in my lifetime)... eventually, we become the machine.

EDIT: just realized WAY off topic. my bad
07-02-2013, 06:48 PM
(07-02-2013 06:42 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  People disagree and fight about so much stupid shit, we're not going to unify. The only way I could see it happening is a type of tech-telepathy, where you can instantly convey your understanding and beliefs to another individual, and they can convey theirs to you... In a sense, seeing things from the others point of view. It would immediately resolve SO many stupid arguments because we would immediately understand each other and the reasons for thinking certain ways.

Also, if we merge with machine, we could more easily transfer our thoughts and understanding to others. First step is computers being controlled by the brain (which is already showing progress), followed by computer results and imaging being displayed directly to the brain (no more need for cell phones, TV or PCs if you have one in your head - I expect to see this in my lifetime)... eventually, we become the machine.

EDIT: just realized WAY off topic. my bad
Not really that off topic if the only means to unify your species is through the conquest and subjugation of different cultures. Unification/conquest go hand in hand to me.