Why you should join the Army. (Article)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Why you should join the Army. (Article)
http://www.businessinsider.com/bct-drill...ate-2013-2

It's a better answer than "I want to kill people" I suppose...

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
05-02-2013, 07:17 PM
RE: Why you should join the Army. (Article)
One does not simply walk into Iraq....

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Wow, I joined the army just for college money.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2013, 08:03 PM
I admit a big part of my reason for joining the Navy was adventure. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think it was going to be anything like Moby Dick, or Treasure Island. Ironically my biggest adventure was deploying with the Army. Life's funny that way. Getting my education paid for was part of the reason too. It also allowed me to be independent, move out of the house, and marry my sweetheart. Now I have mixed feelings about all of it, but I am glad to be debt-free student.

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
05-02-2013, 08:17 PM
WOW. Just fucking wow.

People go apeshit for passing laws against false advertising when someone misrepresents the features on a car but when the government engages in false advertising that entices impressionable young men and women into voluntary servitude that forces them to murder innocent children at the command of a psychopath in a suit and it's a fucking joke.

That's disgusting.
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
(05-02-2013 07:16 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  http://www.businessinsider.com/bct-drill...ate-2013-2

It's a better answer than "I want to kill people" I suppose...
Thanks for posting. BTW, I did not even laugh for I have seen an enlistee give this reason before in a different form, like this: I am bored, and I just wanted some action before I had to come home and go to work for a living.

Seriously, I've seen it....and I am not evenly remotely associated with the military.
06-02-2013, 06:39 AM
I like that guys style.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
06-02-2013, 03:01 PM
(05-02-2013 08:17 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  WOW. Just fucking wow.

People go apeshit for passing laws against false advertising when someone misrepresents the features on a car but when the government engages in false advertising that entices impressionable young men and women into voluntary servitude that forces them to murder innocent children at the command of a psychopath in a suit and it's a fucking joke.

That's disgusting.
They don't falsely advertise, it is illegal for them to lie and if a recruiter LIES to you then they can get in serious trouble for it, that being said you have a personal responsibility to fact-check before you sign the contract which you should read carefully and keep a copy of. That being said they romanticize and don't tell the WHOLE truth, just the part of the truth that can be used to entice. It is the same tactics that are used by any salesman worth their salt. As for killing innocent children, I have never been in a position where I was forced into this, and I never worked for a psychopath but it is a valid complaint. I could not and would not kill a child even if that meant disciplinary action or imprisonment but it is an ugly part of warfare which is why wars should be avoided if at all possible. There's my 2 cents...

[+] 3 users Like Dark Light's post
06-02-2013, 03:38 PM
HA!!!

My son is Army in Ft Riley. I could totally see him handing something like that in as a sarcastic joke when he was in basic. All his physical challenges were top notch but he lacks the ability to kiss ass in any way. His final report said he seemed to have an issue with not taking things seriously enough.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
06-02-2013, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2013 04:01 PM by Julius.)
(06-02-2013 03:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 08:17 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  WOW. Just fucking wow.

That's disgusting.
They don't falsely advertise, it is illegal for them to lie and if a recruiter LIES to you then they can get in serious trouble for it, that being said you have a personal responsibility to fact-check before you sign the contract which you should read carefully and keep a copy of. That being said they romanticize and don't tell the WHOLE truth, just the part of the truth that can be used to entice. It is the same tactics that are used by any salesman worth their salt. As for killing innocent children, I have never been in a position where I was forced into this, and I never worked for a psychopath but it is a valid complaint. I could not and would not kill a child even if that meant disciplinary action or imprisonment but it is an ugly part of warfare which is why wars should be avoided if at all possible. There's my 2 cents...
Army recruiters don't lie? Don't yank my chain man, I wasn't born yesterday. The Army is the most comprehensive pack of liars the world has ever seen and it gets even worse as your work your way to the top of the Officer Corp.

And as far as killing children goes - yeah...it happens and it happens a lot. I've had Army, Marines and Navy Seals all tell me they killed children in Vietnam and they were all in the same room when they told me - they confirmed each others experiences. I used to work with these guys.
They were nice guys, it was just that killing children was part of the job - so they did it.

Here's some Kiddie Killing courtesy of the US Army.

[Image: My_Lai_massacre.jpg]