• 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2015, 08:40 AM
Why you so cold?
[Image: cb405a2d03749375768ac340795acb15.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2015, 08:44 AM
RE: Why you so cold?
A couple weeks back we had an overnight temp of NEGATIVE 28 f......

Not counting wind chill...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-01-2015, 08:57 AM
Um posting data on cold weather unfortunately allows stupid climate change deniers to perpetuate their dangerous denial.

I heard a scientist on the news who came up with a better term, "climate volatility".

The false perception flaw laypersons fall for that causes them to deny science, is they think locally and short term. Temperature differences are a result of long term data collections of temps worldwide, and the melting ice caps add moisture to the atmosphere that cause more storms, bigger storms, both hurricanes and snow storms.

Climate volatility is like going from 25mph to 2,000mph.

The only real debate among scientist who are sounding the alarm bells is the degree of damage. All agree it is going to get far worse. The only thing we don't know is will it kill off all life, it will if we don't do anything, or can we slow it down and reverse it. What all scientists who accept it agree on is we cant continue what we are doing.

We are causing it, and it will kill humans off if we do nothing.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2015, 09:06 AM
(26-01-2015 08:44 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A couple weeks back we had an overnight temp of NEGATIVE 28 f......

Not counting wind chill...
Man that sounds like hell on earth....... to use a popular vernacular
26-01-2015, 09:07 AM
Not just humans. The whole eco system will collapse.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-01-2015, 09:14 AM
(26-01-2015 09:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Not just humans. The whole eco system will collapse.

Well it could cause a mass extinction, we've had 5 I think so far. But this earth is tough and the water bear has survived all 5 so far.

I don't think it will destroy all life, bacteria certainly should not have a problem. But we certainly could kill ourselves off and tons of mammals and other species.

I think the fossil fuel industry seriously needs an ass kicking. What is really absurd is that we could have been replacing that a long time ago. Even without climate volatility it is still like insisting on using a rotary phone in an age of cell phones.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-01-2015, 09:18 AM
It's not "caused by humans" ..

It's not cause by corporations or evil people trying to make money hand over fist.

It's cause by TOO MANY HUMANS......

But, that's a problem nobody seems to want to acknowledge or do anything about.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-01-2015, 09:27 AM
(26-01-2015 09:14 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 09:07 AM)Dom Wrote:  Not just humans. The whole eco system will collapse.

Well it could cause a mass extinction, we've had 5 I think so far. But this earth is tough and the water bear has survived all 5 so far.

I don't think it will destroy all life, bacteria certainly should not have a problem. But we certainly could kill ourselves off and tons of mammals and other species.

I think the fossil fuel industry seriously needs an ass kicking. What is really absurd is that we could have been replacing that a long time ago. Even without climate volatility it is still like insisting on using a rotary phone in an age of cell phones.

It ill also kill of much of the flora. Bacteria also need certain living conditions and hosts.

Yep, I attribute it to overpopulation. Evolution has not been fast enough in reducing the drive to reproduce.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-01-2015, 09:38 AM
I'm told that in Calgary yesterday it was 18C and that Lethbridge it was 21C. Here northeast of Ft. Mac it was about 6C.
From my point of view I'd ask why so warm?
26-01-2015, 09:45 AM
(26-01-2015 09:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  It's not "caused by humans" ..

It's not cause by corporations or evil people trying to make money hand over fist.

It's cause by TOO MANY HUMANS......

But, that's a problem nobody seems to want to acknowledge or do anything about.

Um yes and no. We actually do have the resources, but we do not have the management skills globally and we do have far too much greed preventing that from happening.

Our planet can handle a bigger population, what it cant handle is our pace of pollution and consumption. We are shitting in the toilet faster than we can flush it.