Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no good reason to allow one person to fuck the place up for everyone else.

Sure, if they are poluting most threads.

But if they are starting up their own few threads and sticking mostly to those then these people are easily avoided if you think there is no value in their posts.

The thing is, their threads tend to become popular.

It seems many of us like to converse with them, one way or another
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
29-08-2014, 02:35 PM
(29-08-2014 02:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You exaggerate the likelihood of that. You think your stance is admirable, but it is just naive.

So, to follow my analogy, you would be happy for the police to lock anyone up indefinitely because they just "know" the person was guilty? If not, why? Because you think there will be miscarriages of justice by any chance?

Does that make you naive as well?

(29-08-2014 02:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  The word is 'flout'.

Blame Rev, I just copied what he put.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
29-08-2014, 02:36 PM
(29-08-2014 02:33 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Sure, if they are poluting most threads.

But if they are starting up their own few threads and sticking mostly to those then these people are easily avoided if you think there is no value in their posts.

Excellent point. Rep worthy even. Thumbsup

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
29-08-2014, 02:39 PM
(29-08-2014 02:33 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no good reason to allow one person to fuck the place up for everyone else.

Sure, if they are poluting most threads.

And that is not an example of fucking the place up for everyone else. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 02:46 PM
(29-08-2014 02:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  You exaggerate the likelihood of that. You think your stance is admirable, but it is just naive.

So, to follow my analogy, you would be happy for the police to lock anyone up indefinitely because they just "know" the person was guilty? If not, why? Because you think there will be miscarriages of justice by any chance?

Does that make you naive as well?

No, it doesn't.

You have made the 'there should be no abortions because you might abort the next Beethoven' argument.
Not once, not ever, has anyone called for the ban of someone who later turned out to be "an awesome member".
And we are not the police and we are not locking anyone up. That is a stupid analogy.

And you imply that we select administrators that don't have sufficient wisdom or judgement to make that kind of determination. We have a structure of governance here that prevents an admin from banning for bad reasons. The ban can be undone, that admin can be removed.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-08-2014, 02:47 PM
(29-08-2014 02:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  And that is not an example of fucking the place up for everyone else. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage
Like I said, you can easily avoid those few threads.

Is it that you get jealous that these types are getting all the attention?

It's funny to me how people on this forum complain about Christian's brainwashing children but then we seem to either abuse the kids once they have grown up or try to exclude them from our groups.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
29-08-2014, 02:50 PM
(29-08-2014 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  And that is not an example of fucking the place up for everyone else. So, there's that. Drinking Beverage
Like I said, you can easily avoid those few threads.

Wow, serious non sequitur. Did you even read what I said?

Quote:Is it that you get jealous that these types are getting all the attention?

Oh, and fuck you.

Quote:It's funny to me how people on this forum complain about Christian's brainwashing children but then we seem to either abuse the kids once they have grown up or try to exclude them from our groups.

You have completely missed the gist of the argument.

29-08-2014, 02:50 PM
(29-08-2014 02:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 08:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  Can't we just ditch the fucker? None of us like him. Strictly speaking, if we're gonna be all lily-white about rules and so forth, it'll be a small victory of the forces of chaos over the forces of good but I'm all for a bit of evil when it's in my self-interest. Drinking Beverage

Because once's that precedent has been set then it will get used more and more and we will lose potentially awesome members because of it. It's the exact same reason we have a legal system that can see suspected murderers walk free even though the police "know" they're guilty (and how many people here would promote a legal system that allow the police to lock up people without trial indefinitely just because they "knew" it was the right thing to do?).

And I know people may say that losing the odd good member by mistake is a good price to pay to see off certain others but that's very easy to say when you aren't the one being booted. I mean, if the Admins did decide to ban anyone they subjectively thought was a "problem" but they one day they decided you were a problem and banned you, would you congratulate that decision?

I'm pretty sure "BUT SLIPPERY SLOPE LOL" is not a very good reason to do or not do anything.

No system is administered flawless and no policy is free of either pros or cons.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
29-08-2014, 02:51 PM
(29-08-2014 02:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, it doesn't.

You have made the 'there should be no abortions because you might abort the next Beethoven' argument.
Not once, not ever, has anyone called for the ban of someone who later turned out to be "an awesome member".
And we are not the police and we are not locking anyone up. That is a stupid analogy.

And you imply that we select administrators that don't have sufficient wisdom or judgement to make that kind of determination. We have a structure of governance here that prevents an admin from banning for bad reasons. The ban can be undone, that admin can be removed.

It's the exact same principle but in a different circumstance. You just don't wanna admit that.

Oh, and no we don't. If the Admins decide to ban someone that's final. If aurora and DL decide they wanna ban me or you tomorrow then we're gone. No pleading our case, no appeal, gone.

Best
Worst
29-08-2014, 02:52 PM
(29-08-2014 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It's funny to me how people on this forum complain about Christian's brainwashing children but then we seem to either abuse the kids once they have grown up or try to exclude them from our groups.

That is in no way relevant to this thread's subject.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post