Wicked Clown

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: Wicked Clown
(29-08-2014 03:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  Have you *ever* broken a rule in your life dude? Come join the dark side. We have cookies.

Too many in my teen years, now I've grown up. I understand that I can't expect the world to conform to my subjective view of it. I have to formulate a fair and objective view and work towards that.

That is your naivete. There is no set of objective rules that can cover all cases.

We need to select admins who can make wise decisions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-08-2014, 03:09 PM
(29-08-2014 02:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:Is it that you get jealous that these types are getting all the attention?

Oh, and fuck you.
Just asking. I don't know why you personally think Wicked Clown fucks up the place for everyone else.
(29-08-2014 02:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no good reason to allow one person to fuck the place up for everyone else.
As I have said, he is easily avoided, he is not ruining all threads.
So I am guessing why you have a problem, would be great if you cared to elaborate and hence I wouldn't need to guess.

(29-08-2014 02:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
Quote:It's funny to me how people on this forum complain about Christian's brainwashing children but then we seem to either abuse the kids once they have grown up or try to exclude them from our groups.

You have completely missed the gist of the argument.
You could always clarify, rather than focusing on me
Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 03:09 PM
(29-08-2014 03:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That is in no way relevant to this thread's subject.
It is actually.

We are talking about Wicked Clown and his experience on this forum as well as some people's call to have him banned (i.e. excluded).

His experience on this forum has nothing to do with coming out of a religious upbringing. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
29-08-2014, 03:12 PM
(29-08-2014 03:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  Have you *ever* broken a rule in your life dude? Come join the dark side. We have cookies.

Too many in my teen years, now I've grown up. I understand that I can't expect the world to conform to my subjective view of it. I have to formulate a fair and objective view and work towards that.

Mon ami, you have abandoned the way of the dark too early. There is much to be said for being prepared to break a rule.

What is causing me to give you gears right now is that rules IMO are not meant to be rigidly followed. Sure, you can interpret stuff that way. But right now there is a clear case of the rules failing IMO. i.e. the rules are not perfect and when they conflict with my very own subjective judgment I will pick my judgment, because I trust me to be more intelligent than some rule.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-08-2014, 03:13 PM
(29-08-2014 03:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  Because it's not the same principle.

Then please, illustrate the differences in the principle (not the differences in the individual situations).

The principle is that you don't allow a guest in your house to shit on the floor. You throw him out and don't invite him back.

Quote:
Quote:Who says? You? Of course it can be undone.

And who is gonna undo something that the Admins have decided on?

Well, it is not likely that both admins are going to go rogue. But if they do, the supermods have the power to oust them.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 03:15 PM
(29-08-2014 03:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It is actually.

We are talking about Wicked Clown and his experience on this forum as well as some people's call to have him banned (i.e. excluded).

His experience on this forum has nothing to do with coming out of a religious upbringing. So there's that.
I don't think that is true.
The guy is a result of his upbringing. He behaves in a way because whatever (I'm suggesting that some kids are clearly abused/brainwashed from an early age). Of course I don't know Wicked Clown's history.
Is he a troll, being disruptive for kicks, or is he doing what he must due to his upbringing? I don't think we can claim that his upbringing had nothing to do with it.
29-08-2014, 03:16 PM
(29-08-2014 03:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  His experience on this forum has nothing to do with coming out of a religious upbringing. So there's that.
I don't think that is true.
The guy is a result of his upbringing. He behaves in a way because whatever (I'm suggesting that some kids are clearly abused/brainwashed from an early age). Of course I don't know Wicked Clown's history.
Is he a troll, being disruptive for kicks, or is he doing what he must due to his upbringing? I don't think we can claim that his upbringing had nothing to do with it.

Do we have to care about this stuff? We're not a mental ward. We're a discussion forum.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
29-08-2014, 03:17 PM
(29-08-2014 02:27 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Because once's that precedent has been set then it will get used more and more and we will lose potentially awesome members because of it. It's the exact same reason we have a legal system that can see suspected murderers walk free even though the police "know" they're guilty (and how many people here would promote a legal system that allow the police to lock up people without trial indefinitely just because they "knew" it was the right thing to do?).
Oh man, I'm sorry, but likening forum management to policing in a society is a huge stretch. We're talking completely different scale, impact, influence, and standards.

(29-08-2014 02:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 02:47 PM)Stevil Wrote:  It's funny to me how people on this forum complain about Christian's brainwashing children but then we seem to either abuse the kids once they have grown up or try to exclude them from our groups.

That is in no way relevant to this thread's subject.
That's true, the effects of his religious history on him weren't something he seemed to talk about much. At least not that I saw.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
29-08-2014, 03:18 PM
(29-08-2014 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I don't think that is true.

Do we have to care about this stuff? We're not a mental ward. We're a discussion forum.
There is no such thing as "have to"
I'm just expressing my opinion.
If the guy ain't broke the rules and aint poisoning the whole forum then I don't see a reason to ban him
29-08-2014, 03:20 PM
(29-08-2014 03:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(29-08-2014 03:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I don't think that is true.

I agree that our mandate includes assistance - to those recovering from religion, to those suffering from it, and to those arguing against it, yes; but also just to be present for each other. There's a whole personal support section for a reason.
(yes, it's pretentious of me to say "our", but I found it amusing)

It's not reasonable to extrapolate from that that we should try to deal with everyone's problems.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post